* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) has lately released the document No 1147/2012/SGDHCM-NY approving for Hung Vuong Joint Stock Co (coded HVG) for trading the large amount of 1,260,320 fund shares, equivalent to 2 percent of chartered capital on the stock market.
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) has lately approved for Hoa Phat Group (coded HPG) to delay the dividend payment date until the second half of 2012.
* Mekophar Chemical Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded MKP) has registered for purchasing in 2,866,538 fund shares, equivalent to holdings ratio of 28.34 percent. However, after the registered time, the company reported buying in 109,405 shares, counting for 3.82 percent of the targeted plan.
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) has lately released information about the registration deadline to close the shareholders list of the PetroVietnam Industrial and Civil Engineering Joint Stock Co (coded PXI).
* The management board of Saigon Cable Joint Stock Co (CSG) has lately approved for selling the capital contribution in the Sacom Real Estate Joint Stock Co (Samland) and in Areco project to Sacom Investment and Development Joint Stock Co (coded SAM).
* Alpha Southeast Asia magazine has lately released the list of leading financial companies in Southeast Asian region for 2011-2012 period.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM),the shareholders of AAA Insurance Joint Stock Co have approved the 2012 business plan with targeted growth rates of 16.18 percent in insurance premium. The company would re-organise the management structure with three goals of improving the quality of customer care services, applying advanced information technologies for increasing the business efficiency, speeding up the implementation progress for realising the business plan, hiking chartered capital and listing shares on the stock market.
* IPA Investment Group has registered to buy 1.2 million shares of Hoi An Tourist Holding Company (HOT) from tomorrow to July 26.
* Vietnam Holding Limited has bought nearly 233,000 shares of Japan Vietnam Medical Instrument Company (JVC) to raise its ownership from 4.9 percent to 5.6 percent.
* Lix Detergent Company (LIX) has gained approval to trade 1.8 million more shares on the southern bourse.
* Binh Thanh Import Export Production and Trade Co (GIL) has offloaded over 1.2 million treasury shares.
* Sam Cuong Material Electric. and Telecom Corporation (SMT) has been allowed to float an additional 165,000 shares on the northern bourse.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM) held on June 22, 2012, Khang An Real Estate Investment Joint Stock Co (coded KAC) has approved for 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 317 billion dong, eight times higher than that of 2011.
* Da Lat Real Estate Joint Stock Co (coded DLR) has lately got approval from Lam Dong province people’s committee for its project of mining and processing construction stones. The project is situated in an area of 4.94 hectares in Ward 7, Da Lat City, Lam Dong province.
* Recently, Global Telecommunication Corporation (Gtel Mobile) – the provider of Beeline network has expressed interest in approaching the remaining strip of the golden prefix code 099 which was granted to both Beeline and Indochina Telecom in late 2010. The detailed allocation will be subject to these two mobile services providers’ actual number of subscribers, said the Ministry of Information and communications.
* Egypt Air (MS), the national flag carrier of Egypt, on June 25 worked with Vietnamese tourism firms in HCM City to open a flying route linking Hanoi, HCM City to Cairo (Egypt).
* Netherlands-invested De Heus Vietnam has opened an animal feed plant which covers an area of 5.2 hectares in Dong Nai Province’s Dau Giay Industrial Park. Having investment of $13 million, the plant can produce 300,000 tonnes of animal feed per year and is the fourth plant of De Heus in Vietnam.
* Leading global ICT Solutions provider Huawei has picked Smartcom as the official distributorofits products in the Vietnamese market.
* Southern Steel Sheet Company has begun construction of a new production plant with an annual output of 230,000 tonnes and worth 1.4 trillion dong in Nhon Trach II Industrial Park, Dong Nai Province.
* Dong Nai Rubber Real Estate Company and Hung Gia Viet Company have launched the sale of BO land lots for town houses and garden villas of the Pho Xanh urban area in Dong Nai Province with prices ranging from 3.9-6.8 million dong per square metre. The urban area covers 13.9 hectares along National Highway lA and is near Bau Xeo 1 and Bau Xeo 2 Industrial Parks.
* The US-based ACO Investment Group has worked with the government ofBinh Thuan Province and has proposed to develop a 50- MW solar power project and pilot a solid waste treatment plant which can produce power in the province.
* Mobile World Joint Stock Company has completed its master plan to open electronic store thegioididong.com in 63 provinces and cities nationwide with a total of over 220 stores.
* Ben Tre Forestry and Aquaproduct Import Export Co (FBT) targets to obtain 315 billion dong in revenue and 60.5 billion dong in after-tax profits in 2012.
* Education Cartography and Illustration Company (ECI) attained 21. 7 billion dong in revenue and 1.5 billion in after-tax profit in the January-May period, or 48 percent and 46 percent of this year’s targets respectively.
* Ca Mau Trading Company (CMV) obtained over 1.8 trillion dong in revenue and 13.8 billion dong in after-tax profit in the first five months of this year.
* Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank for Foreign Trade (Vietcombank-VCB) has recently reported its business performance for the first half of 2012 whereby till the end of June 2012, the bank’s total assets are estimated to have reached more than 392 trillion dong, rising 6.5 percent from the end of 2011.
* Saigon Commercial Bank has become an official agent of the money transfer company Western Union in Vietnam.
* The central bank has allowed Fullerton Financial Holdings to raise its holding in Mekong Development Bank from 15 percent to 20 percent by taking over a stake held by Tin Phat Fund Management Corporation.
* HCM City Development Bank has spurred its chartered capital from 3 trillion dong to 5 trillion dong.