* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) has lately released the dividend payment schedule of Ba Ria Thermo Power Joint Stock Co (coded BTP).
* The northern bourse-listed Tasco Joint Stock Co (coded HUT) has lately announced to distribute 159,510 convertible bonds under code of HUT-CB2012, counting for 63.8 percent of the total registered volume being issued in the first phase.
* The southern bourse-listed Power Engineering Consulting Joint Stock Co No 1 (coded TV1) announced to set June 20 as the ex-dividend session for paying 2011 dividend in shares.
* The Petroleum Industrial & Civil Construction Joint Stock Co (coded PXI) announced to set June 15 as the ex-dividend session for paying the remaining 3 percent of 2011 dividend in cash.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced to hold the tender session on June 7, 2012 for bidding government-guaranteed bonds issued by Vietnam Development Bank. The bond value was posted at 5 trillion dong.
* Vneco Meca Joint Stock Co (coded VES) has lately held the annual general meeting (AGM), in which the shareholders approved for the 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 37.627 billion dong and profit of 3 billion dong.
* The Multimodal Transport Joint Stock Co (Vietrantimex) held the annual general meeting (AGM) on May 31, 2012. In the meeting, the company has approved the 2011 business results and worked out the 2012 targeted year plan.
* Nam Can Seafood Export-Import Joint Stock Co (Seanamico) has lately released the 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 610 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 12 billion dong and pay dividend at 14 percent.
* The Vietnam Mechanisation Electrification & Construction Joint Stock Co (coded MCG) has lately announced to convert 509,000 bonds into shares in the third phase.
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) – HCM City branch announced about the dividend payment schedule of Vinh Hoan Joint Stock Co (coded VHC).
* Le Van Quang, chair of management board in Minh Phu Seafood Group Joint Stock Co (coded MPC) has lately revealed that the company would issue additional 30 million shares to raise chartered capital. There have been many investors registering for purchasing the shares.
* AIT Pte Ltd has acquired over 1.1 million shares of HCM City Infrastructure Company (CII) to raise its ownership from 8.5 percent to 10 percent.
* HCM City Infrastructure Investment Co has bought 100,000 shares of Lu Gia Mechanical Electric Co (LGC) to raise its shareholding to 26.2 percent.
* SSI Vision Fund has sold one million shares of Saigon general Service Corp (SVC) to reduce its shareholding from 10.7 to 6.7 percent.
* Dai Hung Container Trading Co (DHL) will begin trading 5.5 million shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange on June 6 at the reference price of 11,200 dong each.
* PetroVietnam Northern Gas Company (PVG) has announced June 6 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 remaining dividend in cash at 12 percent.
* Vietnam Automobile Service and Investment Co has offloaded 600,000 shares of Precision Tools and CNC Machine Co. (PTM), or a 14.3 percent stake in the enterprise.
* general Aviation Import Export Co (ARM) has announced June 13 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 dividend in cash for shareholders at 24 percent.
* In the annual general meeting, Sara Vietnam Joint Stock Co (coded SRA) has approved the plan of hiking chartered capital from 20 billion dong to 60 billion dong.
* The management board of Saigon Fuel Joint Stock Co (coded SFC) announced to reach accumulative revenue of 612.5 billion dong in the first four months of 2012, fulfilling 32 percent of the targeted year plan. The company’s Jan-April net profit was posted at 4.4 billion dong, equalling to 24 percent of profit plan.
* The Industrial Chemical Co Ltd (SIC), Toyota Tsusho Vietnam Co (under Japan’s Tsusho Group) and Taiwan-based Formusan Union Chemical Co officially kicked off construction works on the new plant specialising for producing surface active substances (LAS). The new plant would be situated in an area of 1.5 hectares in Dinh Vu Industrial Zone, Hai Phong City.
* Binh Duong province Department of Planning and Investment last weekend officially granted the investment licence for AEON Vietnam Co Ltd for building the new AEON-Binh Duong Canary Trading Centre. The project has total investment capital of $95 million.
* Vietnam Textile and Garment Association (Vitas) has lately released that the apparel export turnover to the US markets in the first five months of 2012 was estimated at $2.7 billion, increasing by 8.5 percent against the same period last year.
* It was expected that within this week, Vina Kyoei Steel Co (VKS) would officially start construction works on the new steel mill with designed capacity of 500,000 tonnes of finished products per year.
* Othman Salhi, vice chair of the France-based AREVA Group in Asian region has lately visited Ninh Thuan province to collect information about the construction project of Ninh Thuan 2 nuclear power plant. He has also expressed his wish to cooperate with Vietnam in developing nuclear power industry.
* PetroVietnam Fertiliser and Chemical Joint Stock Corp (coded DPM) has lately announced to supply about 70,000 tonnes of fertiliser produced by Phu My fertiliser plant and 60,000 tonnes of Ca Mau fertiliser plant to the market in June.
* Le Huu Dieu, chair of management board in Lilama 35 Joint Stock Co (coded L35) announced that the company has speeded up the implementation progress for construction project of Hua Na hydropower plant, with expectation of handing over it in late 2012.
* Vietmart supermarket chain this Sunday will put into operation a supermarket at 76 Nguyen Chi Thanh Street in Hanoi City, selling apparel products of leading local garment firms, On this occasion, customers can enjoy a discount of 10 percent when shopping at Vietmart supermarkets on Nguyen Chi Thanh Street and Pham Ngoc Thach Street from Sunday until Tuesday.
* The US-based L. Livingston Group is considering investing in an urban area, commercial, services and financial centre project in Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province. The project is in a prime location on Tran’ Phu Street with an area of 186 hectares and has an estimated investment of around 5.2 trillion dong.
* Hoang Giang Co has become the first firm in Bac Kan Province to be granted with the ISO 2200:2005 certificate for its ostrich meat and pork after meeting food hygiene standards such as breeds, feed, farmland, processing and preserving methods.
* The store chain operator Saigon Co.op yesterday opened the 42nd Co.op Food convenience store at 16 Nguyen Cuu Dam Street in Tan Phu District. The store sells basic food products and products of the price stabilisation programme. Customers shopping at the store can join a lucky draw and will be given coupons worth 10,000 dong each and valid until June 10.
* South Korea’s Samsung on Wednesday signed a cooperation agreement with Hanoi University of Science and Technology to provide scholarships and research costs worth $2.5 million over five years for the university’s students.
* Civil Engineering Construction and Investment Joint Stock Co and Duc Manh Corporation on Wednesday handed over a dormitory project for students in Danang City’s Lien Chieu District. The 110 billion dong project consisting of six five- floor buildings can provide accommodation for over 6,000 students.
* Intel Capital has decided to invest $17 million into two companies in Southeast Asia, one of which is Vietnam Communications Corporation (VCCorp).
* Electronics Communications Technology Investment Development Corp (ELC) obtained 31 billion dong in after-tax profit in the first four months of 2012, surging by 62 percent against the same period of last year.
* FLC Group Company (FLC) has established a branch in HCM City’s District 1.
* Nam Viet Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Nam Viet Bank-NVB) is now ranked at the 10th place amongst total 16 HCM City-headquartered banks. However, NVB is still allowed to restructure by its own inner resources by the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) and the bank does not need to merge with any other banks, Nguyen Van Dung, SBV’s HCM City branch deputy governor, said this at the annual general meeting (AGM) 2012 of NVB on June 3.
* ANZ Bank Vietnam has lately announced the adjustment in the lending interest offering for customers who would like to borrow capital for purposes of purchasing, building or repairing apartments or houses under the lending package No 2.
* An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ABBank) has lately launched the promotion programme of “Thoa suc tieu dung – An tam kinh doanh” with preferential lending rates ranging from 14.5-17 percent per year for individual customers. The programme would last from June 1 to September 2, 2012.
* HCM City People’s Committee on June 3 agreed with some solutions proposed by HCM City Department of Transport to raise capital for some transport projects in the context of the city’s budget constraints, the local newswire Tuoi Tre (Youth) reported.
* Son Ha International Co (SHI) has signed a comprehensive cooperation agreement with Ha Tay branch of Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV) to secure funds for business projects from now to 2017.
* Vietnam Technological Commercial Bank, or Techcombank, has gained approval from the central bank to open Ha Thanh branch in Hanoi City.