* The northern bourse-listed Lam Dong Food Joint Stock Co (coded VDL) has set June 14 as the ex-dividend session for paying 2011 dividend – the second round.
* Vien Dong (Far East) Securities Joint Stock Co (VDSE), the majority shareholder of Cai Lay Veterinary Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed MKV) announced successfully offloading 114,100 MKV-coded shares from May 31, 2012.
* A Luoi Vinas Mineral Joint Stock Co (coded ALV) has lately released the resolution approved in the 2012 annual general meeting (AGM).
* Vietnam Energy Investment and Development Joint Stock Co (VPC) have lately been approved for delisting shares on UPCoM so as to move floor to Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX).
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) has lately approved in principle for Vinacomin-Vang Danh Coal Joint Stock Co (coded TVD) for listing additional 9,716,466 shares on the northern bourse, with total share value of over 97 billion dong.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) yesterday announced to receive the application profile submitted by Vneco 8 Power Engineering Joint Stock Co. That company registered for listing 1.8 million shares on the northern bourse.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM) held on May 31, 2012, the shareholders of Ben Thanh Rubber Joint Stock Co (coded BRC) have approved for issuing additional 4,124,999 shares to offer for existing shareholders under 1:2 ratio.
* Power Engineering Consulting Company 1 (TVl) has announced June 20 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 stock dividend for shareholders at 15 percent.
* Duyen Hai Multi Modal Transport Company (TCa) has bought back 100,000 TCa shares as treasury shares.
* Vinh Hoan Corporation (VHC) has announced July 6 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 second round dividend in cash at 10 percent.
* Saigon bank Berjaya Securities Company has closed Ky Hoa transaction office in HCM City’s District 10.
* Ba Ria Thermal Power Co (BTP) has announced June 13 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 dividend in cash for shareholders at 7 percent.
* Vietnam Bank for Social Policies sold 300 billion dong worth of three-year government-backed bonds and 300 billion dong worth of five-year bonds at auction last Friday. The winning coupons were 9.8 percent and 10.2 percent per annum respectively.
* Bao Viet Securities Co (BVS) targets to obtain 154 billion dong in revenue and 14.6 billion dong in pre-tax profits this year.
* The northern bourse-listed Cavico Mineral and Industrial Joint Stock Co (coded CMI) has lately approved the Q2 business plan with targeted after tax profit of 10.1 billion dong, increasing by 53 percent against the previous quarter.
* FBA International Joint Stock Co (UPCoM-listed FBA) held the annual general meeting (AGM) lately, approving the 2011 business results and working out the targeted year plan for 2012.
* Licogi 16 Joint Stock Co (coded LCG) has lately released the resolution approved by the management board about Q2 business plan.
* Tan Tien Plastic Packaging Joint Stock Co (coded TTP) has currently approved the 2012 business plan with targeted pre-tax profit of 80 billion dong, surging by 5 percent against that of 2011.
* Japan -based Forval Corporation plans to provide job training for workers in Dong Nai Province in preparation for the labour supply for Japan’s small and medium enterprises operating in the supporting industries. Specifically, Tin Nghia Corporation and Forval will develop a vocational school in Nhon Trach District with lecturers coming from Japan, while the provincial government will be in charge of managing the facilities and recruiting students.
* Da Nang University of Technology last Saturday introduced UD Smart Book, a smart electronic book running on the operating system Android and developed by the university’s Software Development centre (SDC). UD Smart Book including features of a normal tablet computer such as e- book reading, Internet access by wifi and 3G or watching Full HD movies and is sold at 2.8 million dong per unit.
* Viet Fashion Company last week put into operation its new Nino-maxx Concept fashion shop covering 450 square meters in Bac Lieu City, Bac Lieu Province, and selling 17,000 products. This firm plans to open at least one Ninomaxx Concept shop in every city nationwide until 2015.
* Saigon Fuel Company (SFC) obtained around 612 billion dong in revenues and 4.4 billion dong in after-tax profits in the first four months of this year, 32 percent and 23.9 percent of this year’s targets respectively.
* Starting from June 4, 2012, Vietnam Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Agribank) has set aside 10 trillion dong worth of soft loans for exporters and importers at the interest rate of 12 percent per year providing that these borrowers commit to sell foreign currency from export activities for the bank and use payment services via Agribank’s system.
* ANZ Bank has applied interest rates for home loans, home construction loans and home equity loans for standard customers at 13.8 percent to 14.55 percent per annum respectively.