* Thu Duc Housing Development Joint Stock Co (coded TDH) released the announcement about purchasing 2 million fund shares.
* The southern bourse-listed Vietnam Mechanisation Electrification and Construction Joint Stock Co (coded MCG) has lately registered for purchasing fund shares.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) has announced the registration deadline to close the shareholders list for paying 2010 dividend of Pomina Steel Joint Stock Co (coded POM).
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) announced on June 1 about the registration deadline to close the shareholders list for dividend payment purposes in Petroleum Materials Joint Stock Co (coded COM)
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced to hold the 2 trillion dong G-bond tender session successfully on June 2, 2011. These G-bonds have been issued by the State Treasury.
* The northern bourse-listed Licogi 13 Joint Stock Co (coded LIG) announced to purchase 1 million shares as fund shares.
* FPT Securities Joint Stock Co (FPTS) announced pre-tax profit of about 26 billion dong in May, the highest level in the past five months, raising the accumulative profit in Jan-May to 65.26 billion dong.
* The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV)’s governor on June 3 issued a Decision No 1225/QD-NHNN amending and supplementing the license for Vietnam Rubber Finance One-member Ltd Co whereby the company is allowed to scale up its chartered capital from one trillion dong to nearly 1.59 trillion dong.
* The shareholders’ management board in An Giang Plant Protection Joint Stock Co (AGPPS) announced that the company has been conducting procedures for listing shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) as planned. At present, the company was carrying out stock depository procedures and would announce to the shareholders the deadline to close the shareholders list.
* Song Da Petroleum Investment and Trading Joint Stock Co (coded SDP) has recently announced to pay 2010 dividend in cash at applied ratio of 9.5 percent, instead of 12.5 percent that had been released in the general meeting held on March 28, 2011.
* Bong Sen Joint Stock Co (Bong Sen) announced that June 20 would be registration deadline to close the shareholders list for issuing additional shares and advancing first round dividend in 2011.
* Ben Tre Aqua Product Import and Export Co has bought 100,000 shares of Dong Hai Ben Tre Co. (DHC) to raise its ownership from 12.6 percent to 13.2 percent.
* Vietnam Mechanisation Electrification & Construction Co (MCG) has bought back over 3.2 million MCG shares as treasury shares while Khanh Hoa Power Co (KHP) has plans to buy back 500,000 KHP shares within three months from June 13.
* Vietnam Fumigation Co (VFG) has announced June 10 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive bonus shares at the 10:3 ratio, and 2010 third round and 2011 first round dividend in cash at 15 percent.
* Tan Tao Investment Industry Corp. (ITA) will trade over 1.2 million additional shares on the southern bourse on June 6.
* Thai Binh Investment Joint Stock Co has offloaded 378,000 shares of Saigon Cable Corp (CSG) to reduce its holding from 6.2 percent to 4.9 percent.
* Ngo Han Co (NHW) has announced June 13 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2010 second round dividend in cash at 5 percent.
* Construction Co No 6 (CT6) has gained approval in principle to float over 931,000 additional shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange while Bien Hoa Packaging Co (SVI) has been allowed to trade 1.9 million additional shares on the bourse.
* Barca Global Master Fund, LP has registered to buy 140,000 shares of Vietnam Superintendence and Inspection Co (VNC).
* Vietnam Growth Investment Fund (VF2), large shareholder of PetroVietnam Steel Structure and Mechanisation Co (PXS) registered for purchasing 800,000 shares and offloading 200,000 PXS-coded shares from June 8 to August 8.
* FTIF – Templeton Frontier Markets Fund, large shareholder of Hau Giang Pharmaceutical Co (DHG) registered for buying 535,337 shares and offloading 807,090 DHG-coded shares from June 8 to August 8, 2011. At present, the fund kept 2,154,963 shares or 8.01 percent of total chartered capital in pharmaceutical firm.
* Cong Thanh Cement Joint Stock Co (CongThanh) has recently released the resolution approved in the 2011 annual general meeting, in which the company set targets to reach after tax profit of 60 billion dong, three times higher than that of 2010.
* Dong Tam Joint Stock Co (coded DTG) has approved the 2011 business plan with targeted revenue of 1.668 trillion dong, after tax profit of 78 billion dong, twice as much as that of 2010.
* An Giang province-based Sao Mai Construction Investment Joint Stock Co (coded ASM)’s director board has recently agreed a plan to contribute capital into A Chau (Asia) Mineral and Property Joint Stock Co (AIM).
* Domesco Medical and Export Import Joint Stock Co (DMC)’s director board has recently approved a plan to pay 12 percent dividend in cash (1,200 dong per share).
* Till March 31, 2011, cash and deposits of Masan Group Joint Stock Co (MSN) reached over 4.964 trillion dong, of which, the interest from savings increased 135 billion dong.
* The Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) and the German Development Agency held a workshop on “Guiding the process of planning and development investment for wind power sector in Vietnam” on June 3 in Hanoi.
* Thai Hoa Vietnam Group Joint Stock Co (coded THV) released the Q1 financial reports with net profit of 22.27 billion dong.
* In the first four months of this year, Vung Tau Petroleum Trading and Services Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed VMG) estimated to suffer loss of 1 billion dong due to sharp decline in gas market.
* Ministry of construction has recently released the production statistics in the first five months of this year, of which Vietnamese cement producers have reached total production output of 4.84 million tonnes of cement in May only, raising the accumulative output in the first five months to 21.48 million tonnes, equivalent to 39.4 percent of the year plan. The country’s cement consumption was estimated at 4.75 million tonnes in May and 21.29 million tonnes in Jan-May period, or 39.1 percent of year plan.
* The national flag carrier Vietnam Airlines and Ho Guom Tourism Co officially held the ceremony to launch the direct airline route from Hanoi to Kuala Lumpur and vice versa.
* During the first five months of this year, the Vietnam National Coal-Mineral Industries Group (Vinacomin) announced exploiting 103 million cubic meters of stone, 21.8 million tones of material coal and coal consumption at 18.7 million tonnes and electricity consumption at 2.818 million kWh.
* Sao Ta Food Joint Stock Co (FMC) has recently announced the business and production results in May and the first five months of this year.
* Hoa Phat Steel Joint Stock Co and Shisanye Shanghai Construction Co Ltd, under MCC Group have recently signed the general construction contract for carrying out construction works on the second phase of Hoa Phat Cast Iron and Steel Complex project.
* Minh Phu Seafood Group Joint Stock Co (MPC) has recently reported the company’s export situation in the first five months of this year with a total volume of over 8.9 million tones of products, earning $107.48 million, up 49.35 percent in quantity and 69.7 percent in value from the same period last year.
* Singapore-based Temasek Group and Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group Joint Stock Co (HAG) have recently signed a principle deal whereby Temasek will invest $55 million in HAG’s rubber industry.
* Private carrier Air Mekong inaugurated the HCM City-Quy Nhon route with one flight daily. Air Mekong exploits the route with Bombadier-CRJ 900 aircrafts, which have a 90-seat capacity.
* Seagull Express Ferry Joint Stock Co has suggested HCM City’s Department of Transport to transport passengers to Vung Tau City. The enterprise expects to launch the service this month.
* Hung Phu Investment Joint Stock Co has started work on Hung Phu commercial complex in Ky Anh Township, Ha Tinh Province. The project has an 18-storey building, 105 houses and 15 villas.
* Vietnam Air Petrol Co (Vinapco) has agreed to extend the fuel charge debt totalling 170 billion dong for budget carrier Jetstar Pacific given the guarantee of State Capital Investment Corp (SCIC).
* Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) Vietnam opened its first franchise in Nha Trang City, taking to 90 the total number of KFC restaurants in the country. KFC has expanded its network to 13 cities and provinces so far.
* Vietnam Trading Engineering Construction Joint Stock Corp (Vietracimex) introduced Kim Chung-Di Trach new urban area in Hanoi. The project will cover over 170 hectares in Hoai Due District.
* PetroVietnam Transportation Corp (PVT) expects to gain 4 billion in after-tax profit this year.
* Vinpearl Co (VPL) has got approval to develop a high-class hotel, office, commercial and service complex in Hanoi’s Tay Ho District.
* Sieu Thanh Co (ST8) targets to obtain 666 billion dong in revenue and 39.3 billion dong in after-tax profit in 2011.
* TNG Investment and Trading Co (TNG) lost around 74 billion dong as its factory in Thai Nguyen caught fire a week ago.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) has recently approved in principle for Saigon-Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB) to list 131,827,640 additional shares on the northern bourse.
* At the press conference to celebrate 15 years of establishment and operations, Orient Commercial Joint Stock Bank (OCB) introduced OCB Mobile service.
* Vietnam Payment Solutions Joint Stock Co (VNPay) announced to officially cooperate with Bank for Investment and Development of Cambodia (BIDC) in launching the SMS Banking Services for customers.
* Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ACB) and Vietnam Data Communication Co (VDC) have recently signed the cooperation contract with each other.]
* The central bank has extended operation of the Hai Phong branch of Dai A Commercial Bank for three months from June 3.