* In 2012, Northern Electricity Development & Investment JSC No.2 (coded ND2) will issue 30,610,350 shares in Q2 or Q3 to hike its chartered capital to 500 billion dong, according to the company’s chair of director board, Trinh Hoang Duy.
* National Seed Joint Stock Co (Vinaseed-coded NSC) on March 19 organised its AGM (annual general meeting) 2012 to announce its development strategy for 2012-2016 period and vision to develop the company to become the leading prestigious firm in Vietnam’s agriculture sector.
* Ha Giang Minerals and Mechanics Joint Stock Co (coded HGM) has announced its document of the AGM (annual general meeting) 2012 whereby the company reported the business performance in 2011 and orientation for 2012.
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) – HCM City Branch announced that Vinaconex 25 Joint Stock Co (coded VCC) would pay 2011 dividend to existing shareholders in cash.
* The UPCoM-listed Gia Lai Hydropower Joint Stock Co (coded GHC) held its annual general meeting (AGM) on March 21, 2012 for seeking approval from the shareholders about 2012 dividend payment plan and floating shares on Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) or Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC).
* Thong Nhat Joint Stock Co held the annual general meeting (AGM) last weekend to approve the 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 47.29 billion dong, pre-tax profit and after tax profit of 21.19 billion dong and 15.89 billion dong respectively. The company planned to pay dividend at 17 percent ratio this year.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) announced the results of purchasing fund shares of Mekophar Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded MKP).
* The management board of Mien Dong Joint Stock Co (coded MDG) approved on March 19, 2012 for paying 2010 dividend – the second round in cash at an applied rate of 7 percent.
* Elcom Joint Stock Co (coded ELC) has recently announced the resolution of the company’s director board on dividend payment in shares for 2010.
* Van Phat Hung Joint Stock Co (coded VPH) plans to pay 2012 dividend to existing shareholders at 10 percent ratio.
* Ben Thanh Trading Services Joint Stock Co (coded BTT) has released the 2012 year plan with targeted revenue of 290 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 41 billion dong and pay dividend at 18 percent at minimum.
* Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Joint Stock Corp (coded REE) has lately announced the document for its coming AGM (annual general meeting) 2012 whereby the company plans to issue 558,000 convertible bonds worth 558 billion dong to the strategic partners.
* The shareholders of Hai Phong Port Trading and Services Joint Stock Co (Hapotra) have lately approved the proposal of issuing additional shares in the annual general meeting (AGM).
* Tra Vinh Rural Electric Development Joint Stock Co (coded DTV), Power Engineering Joint Stock Co (PEC) and Thanh Nien Investment and Construction Joint Stock Co (TNY) have lately released the schedule for paying 2011 dividend and holding the 2012 annual general meeting (AGM).
* FPT Securities Co has lately approved the proposal for hiking chartered capital via allocating bonus shares for existing shareholders. Accordingly, the bonus shares would be allocated for shareholders at applied ratio of 3:1 before June 30, 2012.
* Vietnam Century Fund has acquired 11 million shares of Hoang Anh Gia Lai Company (HAG) to spur its holding from 0.9 percent to 3.3 percent.
* Vietnam Rubber Industry Group has registered to buy over 1.2 million shares of Ben Thanh Rubber Co. (BRC), or a 15.4 percent stake in the enterprise.
* The southern stock watchdog has forced Cavico Vietnam Mining and Construction Co. (MCV) to haIt trading shares on bourse from tomorrow as the enterprise has repeatedly violated information proclamation rules. Meanwhile, Sacom Development and Investment Corporation (SAM) will be put into the watch list from tomorrow for posting losses of over 183 billion dong last year.
* Saigon Real Estate & Infrastructure Development Joint Stock Co has bought 123,000 shares of HCM City Infrastructure Investment Co (CII) to raise its holding from 4.9 percent to 5.1 percent.
* Viet Dragon Securities Company has closed a branch in Da Nang City.
* Information and Networking Technology Co (CMT) has bought back over 161,000 shares as treasury shares.
* The Hanoi Stock Exchange from March 26 will narrow the trading band of treasury shares of listed firms to +/-3.5 percent instead of +/-7 percent currently.
* The State Treasury will offer 1 trillion dong worth of three-year government bonds via an auction on March 22.
* Textbook Printing Co in HCM City (SAP) has announced March 26 as the ex-dividend date to advance 2011 second round dividend in cash for shareholders at 5 percent.
* Intereffekt Investment Funds NY has acquired over 499,000 shares of An Phat Plastic and Green Environment Co, or a 5 percent stake in the enterprise.
* Post and Telecommunication Equipment Co. (POT) has announced March 21 as the ex-dividend date to advance 2011 dividend in cash for shareholders at 3 percent.
* Vietnam Dairy Products Joint Stock Co (Vinamilk-coded VNM) has said that in 2012-2016 period, the company targets to gain average revenue growth of 20 percent per year and average pre tax profit growth at 13 percent per year.
* HCM City Investment Development and Foreign Trade Joint Stock Co (coded FDC) has lately announced the resolution of the shareholders’ meeting 2012 whereby FDC targets to reach 156 billion dong revenue in 2012, down 67 percent from 2011 and after tax profit at 42.6 billion dong, falling 15 percent on year.
* In 2012, Vietnam Software and Information Technology Services Association (Vinasa) will form the first coalition with the backbones of FPT Software and Viettel Software.
* FPT Joint Stock Co (FPT) has reported its business performance in the first two months of this year with revenue of nearly 3.668 trillion dong, growing 15 percent over the same period last year and exceeding 2 percent of the plan.
* The management board of Everpia Vietnam Joint Stock Co (coded EVE) has lately approved the 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 900 billion dong, after tax profit of 160 billion dong, increasing by 12 percent and 6 percent respectively against the previous year.
* The branch of Thang Long Cement Co yesterday March 20 announced to export 1,600 tonnes of cement to Cambodia. This was the first batch of the export contract of 150,000 tonnes of cement to Cambodia within this year.
* Hoa Phat Group Joint Stock Co (HPG) has announced the document for its AGM (annual general meeting) 2012 whereby the company targets to bring 18.2 trillion dong in revenue in 2012 and after tax profit at 821 billion dong.
* Khuat Minh Toan, vice general director of Thac Ba Hydropower Joint Stock Co (coded TBC) announced that in 2012, the company has set target to reach total revenue of 210 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 69.9 billion dong and pay dividend in cash at 7.7 percent.
* Licogi 16 Joint Stock Co (coded LCG) signed the contract with Archetype Vietnam Co on March 19, 2012 for assigning the company as the management consultant and supervisor for conducting the Sky Park Residence Complex project.
* With investment capital of $875 million, the Luguna Hue Tourism Complex has been considered as the largest project to be conducted in Lang Co Bay, Thua Thien-Hue province so far. The Singapore-based Banyan Tree Group is the main investor of the project. The first phase of the project is supposed to be completed in early June, and to be put into trial operation within three months before officially welcoming foreign tourists on September 1, 2012.
* Khanh Hoi Export Import Joint Stock Co (coded KHA) has announced the document for its coming AGM (annual general meeting) 2012 whereby the company targets 130 billion dong total net revenue in 2012, equalling to 105 percent over 2011, of which, revenue from real estate will account for the biggest proportion with 65.6 billion dong.
* HCM City People’s Committee has recently approved Saigon Real Estate Corp to invest in Nguyen Kim residential area project’s Zone B in ward 7, district 10, HCM City.
* Air France said it will operate three weekly flights between Paris and HCM City and join one code-share service with its Skyteam partner Vietnam Airlines on the route from March 25 to October28. Air France is offering passengers travelling to Paris and Europe between April and July promotional fare with savings of up to $150 for Economy-class seats, $200 for Premium Voyageur and $330 for Business class.
* Siemens Ltd Vietnam in coordination with Vietnam Industry Cement Corporation (VICEM) introduced its automation and energy-saving solutions and technology for the nation’s cement industry.
* Six Senses Con Dao, the only five-star resort on Con Dao Island and invested by Indochina Land, has been named Best Hotel and Tourism Resort at the international real estate show MIPIM Awards 2012 held in Cannes, France. The resort last year was awarded the Green Good Design by the European Centre for Architecture Art Design and Urban Studies and the Chicago Athenaeum Museum of Architecture and Design.
* Saigon Union of Trading Cooperatives (Saigon Co.op) on Sunday opened a new convenience store in District 6. This is the third store to be opened under a cooperation programme with the HCM City Youth Union.
* Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) has signed an insurance contract worth $20 million with Post and Telecommunication Joint Stock Insurance Corporation (PTI) and Bao Viet Insurance Group for the Vinasat-2 satellite project.
* C.T Group has put into operation a logistics centre covering over 7.6 hectares in Binh Duong Province’s Thuan An District.
The centre consisting of a storage area, bonded warehouse, packaging, processing, distribution and maintenance areas has had 75 percent of its total area leased.
* Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV) has set aside 150 billion dong to provide loans with a maximum rate of 14 percent until the end of next month for rice traders buying rice for temporary storage.
* Vietnam International Commercial Bank yesterday launched an electricity fee collection service for individual and corporation clients in HCM City.