* The northern bourse-listed Hong Phat Investment and Construction Joint Stock Co (coded HPR) announced to close the shareholders list on March 13, 2012 for dividend payment purpose.
* The Southern Region Logistics Joint Stock Co (coded STG) has lately released the resolution approved by the management board about paying 2011 dividend – the second round and holding the annual general meeting (AGM).
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre – HCM City branch has lately announced about the registration deadline to close the shareholders list of Cho Lon Real Estate Joint Stock Co (coded RCL).
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre – HCM City Branch has released the registration deadline to close the shareholders list of Cu Chi Commercial and Industrial Investment Development Joint Stock Co (coded CCI) for paying 2011 dividend.
* The management board of Mekong Aqua products Joint Stock Co (coded AAM) has recently approved about the plan of holding the annual shareholders meeting and paying the third round dividend at 12 percent in cash.
* SSIVision Fund has offloaded 210,000 shares of Vietnam Fumigation Co (VFG) to reduce its ownership from 5.2 percent to 3.5 percent.
* South Logistics Co (STG) has announced March 13 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 second round dividend in cash at 10 percent.
* Wareham Group Limited has bought 1.8 million shares of Hoang Anh Gia Lai Co (HAG) to secure a 1.1 percent stake in the enterprise.
* Truong Thanh Furniture Corporation (TIF) will begin trading 1.5 million more shares on the southern bourse on March 7.
* Transforwarding Warehousing Joint Stock Corp. has bought over one million shares of Vinafreight International Freight Forwarders Co (VNF) to raise its holding from 5.2 percent to 24.8 percent.
* Ben Tre Pharmaceutical Co (DBT) has announced March 12 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 second round dividend in cash for shareholders at 10 percent.
* Market Vectors ETF Trust-Market Vectors-Vietnam ETF has bought 2.1 million shares of Vietnam Construction and Import-Export Co (VCG) to spur its holding to 5.7 percent.
* Song Da 7.04 Company (S74) has announced March 6 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 second round dividend in cash for shareholders at 5 percent.
* The northern bourse-listed Doan Xa Port Joint Stock Co (coded DXP) has lately approved the 2012 year plan with targeted pre-tax profit of 64 billion dong.
* Tan Tao Investment and Technology Joint Stock Co (coded ITA) has lately released the financial reports for the whole year of 2011 with total after tax profit of 47.81 billion dong.
* From late March 2, gas traders en masse announced to reduce gasoline retail price by 16,000 dong per 12kg cylinder because gas import tax decreased from 5 percent to zero percent.
* On March 2, PetroVietnam Oil Corp (PVOil) officially started construction works on expanding the Cai Lan petroleum depot in Hon Gai, Quang Ninh province for the first phase with total investment capital of 500 billion dong.
* Vietnam Steel Association (VSA) has lately predicted that in March, the steel consumption situation would be improved; therefore, the steel price may be unchanged or lowered a little bit in March.
* Coma 18 Joint Stock Co (coded CIG) has lately released the 2011 audited business results. In details, the company’s net revenue remained unchanged at 78.67 billion dong in comparison with the unaudited version. However, because the principal sales price declined by 1 billion dong, the consolidated profit increased by additional 1 billion dong to 17.19 billion dong.
* Song Da 9 Joint Stock Co (coded SD9) announced to delay increasing chartered capital from 300 billion dong to 450 billion dong in 2012.
* FPT Information System Joint Stock Company (FPT IS) has started to deploy the enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution for Licogi 16 Joint Stock Company. The $800,000 protect is part of Licogi 16′s restructuring plan and will be carried out in eight months.
* FPT Corporation (FPT) targets to obtain 31.3 trillion dong in revenue and 3 trillion dong in pre-tax profit this year, rising by 21 percent and 22 percent against 2011 respectively.
* Vietnam National general Export-Import Co No 1 (THl) obtained 1.9 trillion dong in revenue and 21.4 billion dong in after-tax profit in 2011.
* Vinatextmart retail chain has offered discounts of up to 50 percent on 300 fashion, home appliance, food and cosmetics products March 1 until the end of next week.
* From March 3, International Finance Corp (IFC), a member of the World Bank (WB), has officially increased its trade finance limit for Vietnam International Commercial Joint Stock Bank (VIB) to $50 million.
* Cement Finance Joint Stock Co (coded CFC) has said that it has recently been assigned credit growth quota of15 percent in 2012 by the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV).
* Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank for Industry and Trade (Vietinbank – coded CTG) officially inaugurated the new Vietinbank Gold & Jewellery Co on March 2, 2012. The company is situated at 34 Cua Nam Tower, Hoan Kiem Dist, Hanoi.
* Nam Viet Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Navibank) has released the business results for the first two months of 2012 with pre-tax profit of 41.7 billion dong, up 9.1 percent against the end of 2011.
* Great Trust Commercial Joint Stock Bank (TrustBank) has lately submitted application profile for issuing additional 188,524,380 shares to the public.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) has reported the tender results on March 2 for bonds issued by the Vietnam Bank for Social Policies (VBSP).
* Western Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Western Bank) has recently said that in 2011 its pre tax profit was 161 billion dong, rising 148 percent from 2010.
* Saigon Commercial Bank (SCB) obtained a profit of 68 billion dong in January after its merger with Ficombank and TinNghiaBank. The bank’s total assets and outstanding loans reached nearly 150 trillion dong and 69.53 trillion dong respectively. SCB targets to achieve 667 billion dong in after-tax profit this year and 1.87 trillion dong in 2014.
* Vietnam Prosperity Bank (VPBank) has lowered lending rates by up to two percentage points per year starting from this month to stimulate its credit growth and support clients. VPBank has also set aside a credit package worth 5 trillion dong with a preferential rate that is three percentage points lower than the normal rate for agricultural, exporting and manufacturing firms.
* AAA Insurance will offer discounts of 30 percent for women aged 16 to 55 buying the Women Care Insurance product from next Monday until Sunday. The programme is offered for International Women’s Day on March 8.
* Vietnam Prosperity Bank has set aside 5 trillion dong for providing preferential loans for corporate customers in the fields of agriculture, export-import and production.