* Licogi 16.6 Joint Stock Co (coded LCS) announced to close the shareholders list on May 28, 2012 for paying 2011 dividend to existing shareholders. The dividend would be paid in cash at 20 percent, starting from June 22, 2012.
* Tan Tao University Joint Stock Co has lately registered for withdrawing capital in Tan Tao Industrial Investment Joint Stock Co (coded ITA). In details, the university would offload 10.8 million ITA-coded shares, accounting for 3.16 percent of ITA’s total stake from May 11 to July 11.
* Cho Lon Water Supplying Joint Stock Co (coded CLW) announced to close the shareholders list on May 17, 2012 for paying 2011 dividend in cash.
* Can Tho Sugar and Sugarcane Joint Stock Co (DuongCanTho) has lately registered for issuing 2,179,474 shares to pay 2011 dividend for existing shareholders at applied ratio of 20 percent.
* PXP Vietnam Fund Limited has registered to sell over 288,000 shares of Binh Duong Mineral and Construction Co (KSB) from May 11 to July 6.
* Gemadept Corporation (GMD) will float an additional 9.4 million shares on the southern bourse on May 15.
* BecamexAsphalt and Concrete Co (ACC) has announced May 17 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 cash dividend for shareholders at 40 percent.
* Saigon Securities Inc. has stopped operation of Hong Bang transaction office in HCM City’s District 6 while Beta Securities Co has closed its Saigon branch in District 1.
* SSI Vision Fund has bought 250,000 shares of Bibica Corporation (BCC) to raise its ownership from 8 percent to 9.6 percent.
* Vietnam Securities Investment Fund (VFMVFl) has announced its net asset value per unit by May 3 at 16,596 dong, rising by 209 dong from the previous week.
* Ben Thanh Jewellery Joint Stock Co. has offloaded 330,000 shares of Khanh Hoi Import Export Co. (KHA) to reduce its ownership from 5.1 percent to 2.5 percent.
* HUD3 Investment and Construction Company (HU3) has announced May 16 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 cash dividend at 25 percent.
* Aha Company (ALT) has inaugurated a branch in HCM City’s District 6.
* Vinacomin-Mong Duong Coal Company (MCD) has announced May 11 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 cash dividend at 20 percent.
* Thang Long Securities Co. has closed Kim Ma transaction office in Hanoi but established a branch in Ba Dinh District in the capital city.
* Vipco Petroleum Transport Joint Stock Co (coded VIP) has released its fiscal statement in the first quarter of 2012 with 154 billion dong net revenue, down 13.5 percent over the same period last year.
* Tran Van Phuc, chair of management board of Thieu Nien Tien Phong Plastic Joint Stock Co (coded NTP) has said that although the real estate and construction material market has faced many difficulties, the company’s production chains have been in stable operation mode. With the current consumption situation, NTP expects to fulfil the H1 targeted business plan in revenue and profit.
* Dat Xanh Construction and Real Estate Services Joint Stock Co (coded DXG) has lately announced to make more investment to retain as the leading company in term of project distribution. At first, the company plans to open 25 real estate exchanges, developing the business network with 8,000 coordinators, 30 associate agencies and 600 professional salesmen. In 2012, the company set target to reach targeted pre-tax profit of 70 billion dong.
* Thac Mo Hydropower Joint Stock Co (coded TMP) announced to hold the annual general meeting on May 10, 2012. In the meeting, the company would seek approval from the shareholders list for the 2012 targeted year plan with total revenue of 357.3 billion dong, after tax profit of 40.8 billion dong and pay dividend at 4 percent. The company lowered the targeted profit by 46 percent in comparison with 2011 business result,
* Ha Tinh Book and School Equipment Joint Stock Co (coded HBE) announced to reach Q1 revenue of 3 billion dong, and consolidated profit of 693 million dong. However, due to high lending cost, the company suffered from loss of 11 million dong in the first three months.
* Tan Dai Hung Plastic Joint Stock Co (coded TPC) has lately released the Q1 business results with net revenue of 128.8 billion dong, declining by 328 million dong against the same period last year, but after tax profit of 10.6 billion dong, up 24.85 percent year-on-year.
* Dai Thien Loc Joint Stock Co (coded DTL) has announced to gain net revenue of 381.46 billion dong in the first three months of 2012, dropping 46.37 percent against the same period last year. The company’s consolidated profit was posted at 29.36 billion dong, down 80.49 percent due to slumping trend in the consumption markets.
* Thanh Phuoc Port Joint Stock Co yesterday officially inaugurated and put into operation the Thanh Phuoc Port for the first phase in Binh Duong province.
* FPT Telecommunication Joint Stock Co (FTel) has reported gaining Q1 revenue from sales and services of 1.04 trillion dong, up 41.37 percent year-on-year and after tax profit of 200.27 billion dong, up 36.15 percent, of which the after tax profit for parent company’s shareholders accounted for 176.84 billion dong.
* The Economic & Budget Commission of the HCM City People’s Council has recently approved the list of 54 investment projects under BOT (build-operate-transfer) and BT (build-transfer) methods in the city with total estimated investment capital of more than 256.976 trillion dong
* In the annual general meeting (AGM), the shareholders of Nam Mu Hydropower Joint Stock Co (coded HJS) have approved the 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 145.5 billion dong and profit of 22 billion dong. The hydropower firm planned to pay dividend at 10 percent this year.
* The management board of Cai Lay Veterinary Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded MKV) has approved the Q2 business plan with targeted revenue from sales and services of 8 billion dong and pre-tax profit of 400 million dong.
* vicem Hai Van Cement Joint Stock Co (coded HVX) has approved the 2012 year plan with targeted revenue of 730 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 20 billion dong and pay dividend at 4-5 percent.
* Sieu Thanh Joint Stock Co (coded ST8) aimed to obtain whole year net revenue of 875 billion dong, and after tax profit of 46.9 billion dong. The targeted year plan was approved in the annual general meeting (AGM) on May 8, 2012.
* PetroVietnam Fertiliser and Chemicals Corporation (PVFCCo) has reported to obtain over 2.6 trillion dong in revenue in the first quarter compared to 1.5 trillion dong last year. The firm’s after-tax profit in the first quarter amounted to 961 billion dong, up nearly 70 percent year-on-year.
* Vietnam Airlines is offering discounts for passengers buying return tickets for flights from HCM City to Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore as long as they buy one or two months before departure days until the end of the year. If buying return tickets to the three destinations one month before departure, the fare will start from 1.26 million dong.
* Vinh Duc Building Material Co and Minh Vinh Khang Trade Co. have opened model houses and launched the first sale of the Beacon Pass project located in Lam Dong Province’s Bao Loc City and consisting of 50 adjoining houses.
* HCM City Infrastructure Investment Joint Stock Company has been assigned by the city’s Department of Transport to construct an overpass at the intersection between Provincial Road 25B and a belt road near Phu My Bridge due to an increasing amount of vehicular traffic to Cat Lai Port in District 2.
* Emirates Airlines, one of the world’s fastest growing airlines, will offer preferential air fares starting from $905 for passengers flying from HCM City to Dubai and Europe to celebrate the launching of a direct HCM City-Dubai flight on June 4.
* Vietnam Railway Corporation has offered new fares for Thong Nhat trains which will be applicable from May 15 to September 4. The new prices will range from 798,000 dong to 1.966 million for Hanoi-Saigon trains.
* The successful merger deal between Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB) and Hanoi Building Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Habubank-HBB) will form a financial institution with a chartered capital of nearly nine trillion dong, scale of total assets at over 100 trillion dong (as of February 29, 2012), a network system of up to 242 branches and transaction sites and a team of nearly 4,600 staff.
* Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (Bidv) will set aside of 500 billion dong to finance housing saving fund if the Construction Ministry’s proposal is approved by the government, according to Bidv’s chair of director board, Tran Bac Ha.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM) of Military Insurance Joint Stock Corp (MIC) held on May 8, the participants have approved for turning MIC into a member company of Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank (STC-listed MBB) after the bank officially raised the holdings rate at MIC from 18 percent to 49.77 percent.
* Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (coded ACB) has lately launched the new programme of “Gan Bo Dai Lau” for individual customers who have used the credit products of “ho tro an cu tron goi” (support package for maintaining long-term residence” and “ho tro kinh doanh tron goi” (support package for doing business) with preferential lending rates of 17 percent per year.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Bank is offering soft fees and free credit cards for customers using the bank’s service of transferring money abroad for their study purposes. The programme runs till July 31.