* Thang Long Securities Joint Stock Co has recently officially changed its name to MB Securities Joint Stock Co (MBS). In addition, four branches and four transaction sites of the company also changed to new name.
* The annual general meeting (AGM) 2012 of Exim Real Estate Joint Stock Co (Eximland) has recently approved the listing of share on the stock exchange.
* The HNX-listed Post and Telecommunication Joint Stock Co (coded POT) has approved the 2012 business plan with targeted dividend rate of 4 percent.
* An Giang Fruits and Vegetable Joint Stock Co (Antesco) announced to hold the annual general meeting (AGM) on May 16, 2012. The company reported gaining 2011 revenue of 100.3 billion dong, surpassing 51 percent against the targeted year plan of 66 billion dong, production output value of 73.1 billion dong and pre-tax profit of 9.2 billion dong.
* The northern bourse-listed Cargo and Foreign Trade Logistics Joint Stock Co (coded VNT) announced to close the shareholders list on May 21, 2012 for dividend payment purpose. The ex-dividend session would be May 17, 2012.
* Viglacera Tu Son Joint Stock Co (VTS) plans to close the shareholders list for paying 2011 dividend on May 25, 2012. The company has set May 23 as the ex-dividend session.
* The Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) announced that it has received the application profile submitted by Foundation Engineering & Underground Construction Joint Stock Co (Fecon). Accordingly, the company registered for listing 13,805,162 shares for the first time on the stock market.
* HPT Informatics Service Joint Stock Co (HPT) has registered for issuing 875,046 shares to pay 2011 dividend to the existing shareholders.
* The southern bourse-listed Vietnam Italy Steel Joint Stock Co (coded VIS) announced to close the shareholders list on May 18, 2012 to pay 2011 dividend in cash.
* The HNX-listed Vinh Plastic and Packaging Joint Stock Co (coded VBC) has set May 15 as the ex-dividend session and May 17 as registration deadline for paying 2011 dividend.
* Sai Son Cement Joint Stock Co (coded SCJ) has recently announced the resolution of the annual general meeting (AGM) 2012 and reported its business performance in 2011 with revenue of 278.2 billion dong and 22.06 billion dong after tax profit.
* The northern bourse-listed PetroVietnam Technical Services Joint Stock Corp (coded PVS) has lately released the resolution approved by the management board about paying 2011 dividend.
* Mirae Joint Stock Co (STC-listed KMR) announced to issue 1,947,035 shares to the existing shareholders as bonus shares. The applied ratio would be 100:6. The company would use the unallocated profit up to December 31, 2011 for this share issuance.
* Idico Housing & Urban Investment and Development Joint Stock Co (coded UIC) has approved the 2011 dividend payment methods with applied rate of 15 percent in the annual general meeting (AGM) held on May 11, 2012.
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) has lately released announcement relating to dividend payment of the northern bourse-listed PetroVietnam Gas City Investment and Development Joint Stock Co (coded PCG).
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) has announced the registration deadline to close the shareholders list of Licogi 13 Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed LIG) for paying 2011 dividend – the second round.
* Binh Trieu Bridge & Road Construction and Investment Co has bought over 839,000 shares of HCM City Infrastructure Investment Co (CII) to raise its shareholding from 11 percent to 12 percent.
* HCM City Securities Corporation has spurred its chartered capital to over 1 trillion dong.
* Vung Tau Real Estate and Construction Co (VRC) has announced May 17 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 second round dividend in cash for shareholders at 10 percent.
* Platinum Victory Pte Ltd has acquired five million shares of Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Corporation (REE) to increase its ownership from 5.1 percent to 7 percent.
* Gemadept Corporation (GMD) will float an additional 9.4 million shares on the southern bourse on May 15.
* Ut Xi Seafood Processing Co has offloaded over 429,000 shares of Sao Ta Foods Company (FMC), or a 5.3 percent stake.
* The Hanoi Stock Exchange has approved in principle the listing of Vietnam Energy Investment and Development Joint Stock Co. and Dai Hung Mechanic Transport Trading Joint Stock Co with 5.6 million shares and 5.5 million shares respectively.
* Sa Giang Import Export Corporation (SGC) has announced May 16 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 third round dividend in cash at 10 percent.
* Vietnam Bank for Social Policies sold 100 billion dong worth of three-year government-backed bonds and 150 billion dong worth of five-year bonds through an auction yesterday. The respective winning coupons were 10.6 percent and 10.7 percent per annum.
* Vinacomin Coc Sau Coal Co (TC6) has-announced May 21 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 cash dividend at 20 percent.
* Dong Phu Rubber Joint Stock Co (coded DPR) announced that the company has consumed 4,350 tonnes of latex in Jan-April period at average price of 70.7 million dong per tonne, bringing in revenue of 309 billion dong and pre-tax profit of 108 billion dong.
* Vimedimex Medical and Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded VMD) has recently released the Q1 business results. Accordingly, the company reported gaining net revenue of 1.969 trillion dong, increasing by 26 percent against the same period last year, and consolidated profit of 178.9 billion dong, up 5 percent.
* The Trade and Transport Services Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed TJC) expects to gain Q2 revenue of 38 billion dong and pre-tax profit of 700 million dong in the second quarter of 2012 because the company has to deal with much difficulty in business activities. At present, TJC has chartered capital of 60 billion dong.
* HUD4 Investment and Construction Joint Stock Co (coded HUD4) has approved the 2012 targeted year plan with total investment capital of 585 billion dong, production output value of 1.07 trillion dong and after tax profit of 46.6 billion dong. The company expects to pay dividend at 16 percent.
* The southern bourse-listed Concrete Joint Stock Co (coded BT6) has recently released the Q1 financial reports with after tax profit of 6.9 billion dong, equalling to 40 percent of the same period last year.
* Ninh Thuan province people’s committee has lately issued the decision to halt the operation of the investment project of Cong Hai Wind Power Plant and revoke the investment licence that had been issued in May 2007 for Canada-based Greta Energy Inc.
* The management board of Hoa Phat Group Joint Stock Co (coded HPG) has lately approved for transferring 60 percent of stake in Hoa Phat Door Joint Stock Co.
* Hacisco Joint Stock Co (coded HAS) held the annual general meeting (AGM) on May 10, 2012 where the company’s shareholders approved the 2012 targeted year plan with total revenue of 110 billion dong, up 26 percent year-on-year.
* The Transport Engineering Construction & Business Investment Joint Stock Co No 584 (coded NTB) has sought approval from the shareholders on the 2012 business targets in the annual general meeting (AGM) held on May 7, 2012.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM), the HNX-listed Kasati Joint Stock Co (coded KST) has approved for setting up the new member company of Kasati Energy Services Joint Stock Co within this year.
* Son Ha International Joint Stock Co (coded SHI) has witnessed five consecutive point-gaining sessions, from May 4 to 10 with share price increasing from 7,200 dong to 8,900 dong per share.
* Hoa Sen Group Joint Stock Co (coded HSG) has released the business results in April with net revenue of 973.47 billion dong and after tax profit of 47.01 billion dong.
* The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV)’s policy to lower the lending interest rate and loosen credit for real estate sector has yet created signs of prosperity for property market.
* PV Power Bac Kan Co inaugurated Nam Cat Hydropower Plant in Bach Thong District, Bac Kan Province. The 130 billion dong plant having a total capacity of 3.6 MW can supply 20 percent of the power demand of the province.
* Foster Electric Da Nang under Japan- based Foster Electric Company has been licensed to invest in a plant producing electric components in Tinh Phong Industrial Park, Quang Ngai Province. This VND174 billion projecthas an annual production output of 480 million products and is set for operation this August.
* Japan’s Itochu Corporation will invest in a large textile plant in an area of 20 hectares in Bao Minh Industrial Park, Nam Dinh Province, with capital of $120 million.
* Vietnam Urban and Industrial Zone Development Investment Corporation (IDICa) yesterday opened DakMi 4 Hydropower Plant and connected the final generator of the plant to the national power grid. The 190MW plant, located in Quang Nam Province’s Phuoc Son District, came into operation after five years of construction with four generators and can generate 780 million kWh annually.
* Nomura Motors Co has received approval from the government of Khanh Hoa Province to organise a car race in Nha Trang City on August 18-19.
* Nari Harnico Minerals Co (KSS) obtained 15.5 billion dong in revenue and l.3 billion dong in after-tax profit in the first quarter of 2012.
* Last week, Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ACB) has continued to lower the lending interest rates for the third time within the first four months of this year.
* Hanoi Building Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Habubank-HBB) has recently announced its unconsolidated fiscal statement in the first quarter of 2012 whereby the bank earned the highest profit from securities investment with 212.2 billion dong, 57 fold increase over the same period last year.
* As per the unconsolidated fiscal statement of southern bourse-listed Military Commercial Joint Stock Bank (MBB), in the first quarter of this year, the lender’s after tax profit growth was 24 percent over the same period last year to reach 668 billion dong.
* The Post and Telecommunication Insurance Joint Stock Corp (coded PTI) has released the business reports for the first quarter of 2012. In details, the parent company’s after tax profit was estimated at 14.38 billion dong, declining slightly by 8 percent against the same period last year.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank-STB) has recently announced the document for its coming annual general meeting (AGM) (scheduled on May 26, 2012) whereby the bank plans to hike chartered capital from 10.74 trillion dong to more than 14.176 trillion dong by the end of 2012.
* Maritime Commercial Bank has launched M-Banking Plus, an online banking service package, which allows corporate customers to conduct transactions worth up to 50 billion dong each day while money transfer fees will be cut by 20 percent from current levels.