* In the 2012 annual general meeting (AGM), the shareholders of Sa Giang Export-Import Joint Stock Co (coded SGC) have approved the 2012 targeted year plan with dividend ratio of 25 percent, 5 percent lower than the previous year.
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) announced that on May 31, the northern bourse-listed Power Construction Consulting Joint Stock Co No 3 (coded TV3) would close the shareholders list for paying 2011 dividend in cash.
* Starting from May 18, 2012, Vung Tau International Tourism Joint Stock Co (UPCoM-listed VIR) would start listing additional shares on the stock market. These shares have already been issued for offering to the existing shareholders in 2011.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM) of PetroVietnam Marine Shipyard Joint Stock Co (PVShipyard), the company’s shareholders have approved for issuing 27 million shares to offer for PetroVietnam Technical Services Joint Stock Corp (coded PVS), so as to raise chartered capital from 594.9 billion dong to 864.9 billion dong.
* Hoa Phat Group Joint Stock Co (coded HPG) has released the resolution approved by the management board about selling fund shares.
* Mekophar Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded MKP) announced that from May 17 to June 18, 2012, the company would purchase over 2.86 million shares, equivalent to 28.4 percent of chartered capital as fund shares.
* Fecon Foundation Engineering and Underground Construction Joint Stock Co is seeking approval to trade 13.8 million shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange.
* Hung Hau Development Joint Stock Co has bought 650,000 shares of Seafood Company No 1 to spur its ownership from 5.7 percent to 24.3 percent.
* Vietnam-Italy Steel Co (VIS) has announced May 18 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 dividend in cash for shareholders at 10 percent.
* Ben Tre Aquaproduct Import and Export Co has sold 305,000 shares of Sao Ta Foods Co (FMC) to reduce its holding from 5.9 percent to 1.7 percent.
* Ninh Hoa Sugar Co has acquired over 1.9 million shares of Gia Lai Cane Sugar Thermoelectricity Co. (SEC) to secure a 10.9 percent stake in the latter.
* Song Da 1.01 Company (SJC) will buy back over 279,000 shares to spur its treasury stock from tomorrow to August 15.
* Ben Thanh Service Co (BSC) has announced May 23 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 second round dividend in cash at 2 percent.
* Bourbon Tay Ninh Company has offloaded four million shares of Saigon Thuong Tin Real Estate Co. (SCR), br a 4 percent stake in the enterprise.
* Sao Mai Investment and Construction Joint Stock Co (coded ASM) held the annual general meeting on May 12, 2012. In the meeting, the participants approved the 2012 business plan with targeted net profit of 130 billion dong, twice as much as the previous year.
* The northern bourse-listed Song Da 25 Joint Stock Co (coded SDJ) has lately released the Q1 financial report with loss of 1.7 billion dong.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM), the shareholders of International Labour and Services Joint Stock Co (coded ILC) have approved for 2012 business plan with no loss from business activities.
* Hilton Worldwide Group has lately signed the new agreement with Hoan Kiem Tourism and Trading Co Ltd for introducing the Hilton Garden Hill hotel, the second hotel under the group in Vietnam.
* The Transport Engineering Construction & Business Investment Joint Stock Co No 584 (NTB) yesterday announced to make capital contribution valued at 500 billion dong in Binh An Fisheries Joint Stock Co (Bianfishco) specialising in producing and trading seafood products.
* In the first quarter of 2012, Binh Minh Plastic Joint Stock Co (coded BMP) reported gaining total profit of 81 billion dong, up 39.73 percent against the same period last year.
* Traphaco Joint Stock Co (coded TRA) has announced to finish purchasing 317,104 shares of Dak Lak Pharmaceutical and Medical Instrument Joint Stock Co (Duoc Dak Lak) at price of 25,000 dong per share. TSTC shares accounted for 24.5 percent of Duoc Dak Lak’s total chartered capital.
* Ministry of transport yesterday handed over the agreement of design consulting and supervision for the traffic road network for the second northern Greater Mekong Sub region (GMS) rural transport project (upgrading the national highway No 217 – the first phase) to the associates of Yooshin Engineering Corporation and Nippon Koei Co Ltd The contract has total value of $3.88 million and 76.6 billion dong.
* The leaders of Song Da 2 Joint Stock Co (coded SD2) have released the Q2 business plan with profit of 4.5 billion dong. This year, the company expected to reach whole year profit of 32 billion dong and pay dividend at 15 percent in cash.
* Hoang Anh Gia Lai Mineral Joint Stock Co, under Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group (coded HAG) announced to sign the contract for selling 100,000 tonnes of refined iron ore for Hoa Phat Group. The inked contract had total value of 171 billion dong, with delivery time for 2012.
* Chuong Duong Beverage Joint Stock Co (coded SCD) planned to hold the annual general meeting (AGM) on May 19, in which the company would seek approval among the shareholders for the 2012 targeted year plan. In details, SCD aimed to obtain whole year production output of 38 million litres of products, bringing in revenue of 445 billion dong, after tax profit of 23.5 billion dong and pay dividend at 15percent.
* The supermarket chain BigC has launched four promotions until Iune 1 with discounts of5-50 percent on over 1,500 products, including milk, clothes and toys for children, electric appliances, fresh food products and household appliances, in celebration of International Children’s Day and euro 2012.
* Bac Lieu Food Company has purchased over 67,000 tonnes of rice from farmers this year. The firm has continued to expand its consumption markets through cooperation with supermarkets in the province and HCM City.
* South Korea-invested Banpo Vietnam Co has put into operation a garment plant covering over 40,000 square meters in the northern province of Thai Nguyen. The $2.6- million plant has an annual production output of 1.2 million products to be exported.
* TransViet Promotion Co has been selected as a general agent of Bangkok Airways in the Vietnamese market.
* South Korea’s Doosan’Group has planned to invest in a thermal power plant running on biomass in an area of six hectares in Minh Hung-South Korea Industrial Park, Binh Phuoc Province, with a designed capacity of 19 MW.
* Phuoc Son Gold Co has received approval from the State Bank ofVietnam to export 800 kilograms of gold material which has a gold content of 60-99.9 percent this year.
* Hoa Sen Group (HSG) estimates to gain 973 billion dong in revenues and 47 billion dong in after-tax profits in April.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank-STB) has recently released the documents for its coming annual general meeting (AGM) whereby the bank will submit a plan to issue about $200 million worth of unsecured and unconvertible international bonds with 5-year tenor.
* Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank of Industry and Trade (VietinBank-CTG)’s plan in the next two years is to reduce the state holding ratio to 51percent, Pham Huy Hung, chair of CTG’s director board said at the seminar for analysts 2012 held on May 15 in HCM City.
* In two days May 15 and 16, 2012, in HCM City and Hanoi, Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank of Industry and Trade (VietinBank-CTG) is to organise seminars for analysts 2012 (VietinBank’s Analyst Meeting).
* Lien Viet Post Bank from now to July 9 will apply dong lending rate of 14 percent and US dollar lending rate of 4 percent per annum for enterprises operating in the export and import sector. Earlier, the lender has announced a 6 trillion dong credit line for businesses and individuals in the rural and agricultural sector. The bank targets to obtain from 1.3 trillion dong to 1.5 trillion dong in profits this year.
* BIDV Insurance Corporation (BIC) obtained over 40 billion dong in pre-tax profit in the first four months of 2012, a 50 percent year-on-year increase.
* Asia Commercial Bank has expanded a programme to give preferential lending rates and exempt credit card annual fees for partners of its customers.