* In the annual general meeting (AGM) held on May 14, the shareholders of Lam Dong Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed LDP) have approved the 2012 business plan and paying 2011 dividend at 30 percent.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced to hold the tender session on May 22, 2012 for bidding government-guaranteed bonds valued at 1 trillion dong to be issued by Vietnam Bank for Social Policies.
* Viet An Joint Stock Co (coded AVF) announced to close the shareholders list on June 8, 2012 for paying 2011 dividend to the existing shareholders.
* Petroleum Pipeline & Tank Construction Joint Stock Co (coded PXT) yesterday reported the results for purchasing in fund shares. Accordingly, the company only purchased in 178,490 fund shares out of 800,000 units that PXT had registered for buying in from February 15 to May 15, 2012.
* Vietnam Container Shipping Co (VSC) has decided to establish Green DMC Joint Stock Co in Hai Phong City with total chartered capital of 90 billion dong. It secures a 35 percent stake in the subsidiary.
* Sacombank has registered to offload over three million shares of Bien Hoa Sugar Company (BHS), or a 10 percent stake in the enterprise.
* Hoa An Company (DHA) has announced May 23 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 second round dividend in cash at 10 percent.
* VOF Investment Limited has sold over 754,000 shares of Development Investment Construction Corp (DIG) to reduce its shareholding from 6.8 percent to 6.2 percent.
* Hoa Phat Group (HPG) has decided to offload over 4.2 million treasury shares.
* Red River Holding has bought over 1.2 million shares of Hoa Sen Group (HSG) to increase its ownership from 9.2 percent to 10.4 percent.
* vicem Hai Van Cement Co (HVX) has announced May 28 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 dividend in cash at 4 percent.
* VungTau International Tourism Co (VIR) will float an additional three million shares on the northern bourse on May 18.
* The shareholders of Song Da Yaly Cement Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed SDY) have approved the 2012 year plan with targeted revenue of 257.3 billion dong and after tax profit of 4.7 billion dong in the lately annual general meeting (AGM).
* In the annual shareholders meeting, Viglacera Dong Trieu Joint Stock Co (coded DTC) has approved the 2012 targeted year plan with expected loss of 10 billion dong.
* The Mechanics Construction and Foodstuff Joint Stock Co (coded MCF) has recently released the business results for the first four months of this year.
* Hanoi Housing and Urban Development Joint Stock Co (Hanhud) has approved the 2012 business plan with expected profit of 12 billion dong, up 36 percent against that of 2011. However, the company plans to pay dividend to the existing shareholders at 12 percent this year.
* The management board of Song Da 9.01 Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed S91) has approved the Q2 business plan with expected after tax profit of 3.8 billion dong, accounting for 36 percent of the year plan.
* The southern bourse-listed Dong A Plastic Group Joint Stock Co (coded DAG) released the reviewed financial reports for Q1 with net revenue of 111.2 billion dong, up 38 percent against the same period last year, while consolidated profit surged by 80 percent year-on-year to 22.6 billion dong.
* Phu Nhuan Gold and Jewellery Joint Stock Co (coded PNJ) has lately released the financial reports for Q1 of 2012 with net revenue of 2.035 trillion dong, declining 46 percent against the same period last year, and consolidated profit of 206 billion dong, down 8 percent.
* Song Da Investment Construction and Urban Development Joint Stock Co (coded SDU) has lately released the Q1 financial reports.
* The PetroVietnam Fertiliser and Chemicals Joint Stock Corp (coded DPM) has reported gaining Q1 net revenue of 2.728 trillion dong, increasing by 34 percent against the same period last year. The principal sales price accounted for 1.562 trillion dong, resulting in consolidated profit of 1.116 trillion dong, up 37 percent.
* HCM City people’s committee and Japan International Cooperation Agency (Jica) yesterday officially signed the contract for conducting the second bidding package (building depots and overhead railway) under the Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien urban railway project (Metro Route No 1).
* In the annual general meeting (AGM) held on May 14, the shareholders of PetroVietnam Transportation Joint Stock Corp have approved the 2011 business results and worked out the 2012 year plan.
* The southern bourse-listed Golf Vietnam Tourism Joint Stock Co (coded VNG) planned to issue additional shares to offer for strategic investors so as to hike chartered capital from 130 billion dong to 200 billion dong.
* The northern bourse-listed Hanoi Education Books Joint Stock Co (coded EBS) released the Q1 financial reports with after tax profit of 12.2 billion dong, increasing by 20 times against the same period of 2011.
* VMG Media Joint Stock Co. will offer e-commerce services with multipurpose Lingo Card and Lingo Shop at www.lingo.vn for both individuals and enterprises after receiving an investment of 240 billion dong from the Japanese mobile operator and provider.
* An Tay Corp. has announced to finish the basement of the An Tay HQ villa project, or The Headquarters, which is being developed on 2.5 hectares in Nguyen Huu Tho Street in District 7. The 800 billion dong project consists of 46 villas styled with European architecture in an area of 618-1,S 13 square meters and sold at prices ranging from 12 billion dong to 76 billion dong each.
* PTSC Mechanical & Construction Co and Lam Son Joint Operating Company have signed an engineering, procurement, construction and installation CEPCI) contract for the Thang Long and Dong Do oil rigs.
* Honda Vietnam CHVN) yesterday launched a new promotion until June 15 with gifts valued at more than 55 billion dong, inclusive of VAT. Specifically, when buying Honda motorcycles using programmed fuel injection systems (PGM-FI) produced at Honda Exclusive Dealers (HEADs), customers will receive a voucher worth 880,000 dong.
* HCM City Infrastructure Investment Co (CII) has signed a credit contract to borrow 375 billion dong from Vietcombank to fund construction of Saigon 2 Bridge project.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank-STB) has recently announced its consolidated business report for the first quarter of 2012 with net interest income at more than 1.53 trillion dong, rising 16 percent over the same period last year.
* Ministry of construction and Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (Bidv) yesterday signed the agreement for cooperating in realising the construction project of houses for low-income workers.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Bank has launched a summer promotion programme with scratch cards and lucky draws for all depositors. The programme will run till August 11. The lender has increased chartered capital of its affiliate, Sacombank Remittance Express Co Ltd from 4 billion dong to 15 billion dong.
* Vietnam Prosperity Commercial Bank has launched VP Flex, a general financial solution that can calculate credit granting ratios for borrowers. The project is designed for enterprises in the manufacturing and export sectors and tSTC having annual revenues of 20 billion dong or above.