* Under the resolution of Sara Vietnam Joint Stock Co (SRA)’s AGM 2010, the company will offer four million shares to scale up its chartered capital from 20 billion dong to 60 billion dong.
* Dream Incubator (DI), the Japanese investment fund stated that DI Asia Industrial Investment Fund (DIAIF) and Orix Joint Stock Co have purchased 25 percent of stake in Dong Nam Nutition Food Joint Stock Co (Nutifood).
* The northern bourse-listed Nagakawa Vietnam Joint Stock Co (coded HAG) has recently approved for paying dividend and allocating bonus shares for existing shareholders at ratio of 10 percent. At the same time, the company will continue offering 5,706,375 shares for existing shareholders, current employees and strategic partners.
* The UPCoM-listed Industrial Construction and Investment Joint Stock Co (coded ICI) has recently approved for paying second round dividend in 2010.
* Techno-Agricultural Supplying Co (TSC) will buy back 300,000 TSC shares as treasury shares within three months from May 19 while Vietnam Petroleum Transport Co (VIP) will buy back 500,000 VIP shares as treasury shares within three months from May 26.
* Bao Minh Insurance Corp (BMI) has announced May 23 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2010 dividend in cash at 15 percent.
* Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Corp (REE) has bought nearly 732,000 shares of Thac Ba Hydropower Co (TBC).
* Saigon Petro Co has registered to buy 400,000 shares of Materials-Petroleum Co (COM) within two months from May 18.
* Viet- Duc Welding Electrode Co (QHD) has announced May 23 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2010 dividend in cash at 10 percent.
* The Hanoi Stock Exchange will auction nearly 66 million shares of Vietnam Steel Corp on June 10 with the reserve price at 10,100 dong each.
* Song Da 207 Co (SDB) has gained approval in principle to trade 5.5 million additional shares on the northern bourse.
* Sao Viet Securities Co (SVS) incurred a loss of 11.5 billion dong in the first quarter of201l.
* Dai Chau Co (DCS) has decided to pay 2010 stock dividend for shareholders at 12 percent.
* Bac Kan Mineral Co (BKC) has registered to buy back 400,000 BKC shares as treasury shares between May 16 and August 5.
* Vietnam Brewery Ltd Co (VBL) has recently announced that it would invest $68.1 million to raise the capacity of its plant in HCM City.
* Phat Dat Real Estate Joint Stock Co (PDR) has recently announced the compound fiscal report in the first quarter of this year with revenue of over 2.6 billion dong, compound profit at 1.2 billion dong, falling 98 percent year-on-year.
* Hoa Sen Group Joint Stock Co (coded HSG) has recently posted the six-month financial reports for the fiscal year of 2010-2011 with after tax profit of 52 billion dong, increasing by 181 percent against the previously released results due to additional profit from Hoa Sen Phu My Corrugated Steel one-member Co Ltd
* The UPCoM-listed An Giang Centrifugal Concrete Joint Stock Co (coded ACE) has approved the plan of spending 23 billion dong for purchasing the new concrete pile manufacturing plant in Binh Hoa Industrial Park, An Giang province.
* In the upcoming 2011 AGM, Can Tho Cement and Mineral Joint Stock Co (coded CCM) planned to seek approval among the shareholders for selecting the partner in making investment in its subsidiary of Can Tho-Hau Giang Cement one-member Co Ltd so as to push up the implementation progress of Can Tho-Hau Giang cement plant project.
* Viet Thang Feed Joint Stock Co (coded VTF) would hold the annual general meeting on May 21, 2011 for seeking approval in the 2011 business plan with targeted after tax profit of 70.38 billion dong.
* Nguyen Minh Thang, chair of management board in Lam Dong Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (LDP) announced that in order to raise the liquidity for the company’s shares, the company will pay dividend in shares in accordance with the profit allocation proposal that has been passed in the latest AGM.
* In the press conference held on May 16, 2011, Steve Born, marketing manager in Avalon Waterways, one of the US river cruise travel agents, stated that his company plams to start operation the new tourism route of Mekong River in its list of destinations. The travel agent has seen a rise in popularity in that region recently.
* Giai Phong Auto Joint Stock Co (coded GGG) plans to hold the 2011 annual general meeting on May 27, in which the company will seek approval among the shareholders for raising chartered capital from over 91 billion dong to 180 billion dong, via paying dividend in shares, allocating bonus shares and offering additional shares to existing shareholders and strategic partners.
* The northern bourse-listed Ben Tre Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded DBT) and Hoc Mon Trading Joint Stock Co (coded HTC) have lately released the Q1 business results with sharp increasing after tax profit in comparison with the same period last year.
* Vinpearl Joint Stock Co (coded VPL) has recently released the financial reports after the first three months of this year. Accordingly, the company reported gaining total revenue from sales and services of 212.67 billion dong, up 67 percent year-on-year. The financial activities contributed 125.3 billion dong of revenue, up 19 percent against the same period last year and other revenue of over 900 million dong.
* Tokai will build a factory on a site of 200 hectares with a total investment of $18-20 million in the central coastal city of Da Nang.
* Saigon Post and Telecommunication Service Joint Stock Corp (SPT) and SK Telecom, partner in the business cooperation contract with S-fone mobile network, has recently announced finalising the joint venture dossier and submitting to the HCM City Department of Planning and Investment.
* Thang Long Cement Joint Stock Co has exported 33,000 tonnes of cement to Africa, the second shipment of the company to the market this year. The enterprise also has plans to export cement to Singapore, Brunei and the Middle East this year.
* Saigon Railway Station from May 25 will increase ticket prices for air-conditioned seats and beds by 7 percent. The station will cut 20 percent of ticket prices for passengers aged over 65 years old from May 25 to August 15.
* Hoa Phat Group in the first four months of this year sold nearly 243,000 tonnes of steel, up 138 percent against 2010, and for the first time took the lead nationwide with a 14.2 percent market share. The group is speeding up the second phase of the iron and steel complex in Hai Duong Province.
* Central Power Corp has completed building Le Thanh- Duc Co transformer substation with the capacity of 7,500 KVA to supply electricity for Ratanakiri Province in Cambodia. The project has the invested capital of 7 billion dong.
* Viettel telecom group has met Argentine Secretary of Communications Carlos Lisandro Salas and some enterprises to expand broadband telecom in the country. Viettel in March were approved to do business in Peru and will continue to study other markets in Latin America.
* Phuoc Hoa Rubber Co (PHR) obtained 191.8 billion dong in after-tax profit in the first quarter of 2011, up 145.6 percent year-an-year.
* Masan Group Corp (MSN) has decided to establish a representative office in Singapore.
* Vinavico Investment Construction and Mining Co (CTM) gained 1.3 billion dong in after-tax profit in the first quarter of this year, up 14 percent against 2010.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) has recently announced to organise the second share auction for HCM City Housing Development Commercial Joint Stock Bank (HDBank) at 9:00 am June 17, 2011 via the southern bourse.
* Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB) on May 12 announced finalising the conversion of bonds into shares whereby SHB’s chartered capital has been raised from over 3.497 trillion dong to 4.816 trillion dong
* Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank of Trade and Industry (Vietinbank – coded CTG) will organise the annual general meeting on May 31 in Sofitel Plaza Hotel, Hanoi. The bank’s management board plans to submit the 2011 business plans with targeted total asset value of 441 trillion dong, increasing by 20 percent year-on-year, pre-tax profit of 5.1 trillion dong, up 11 percent against 2010 and pay dividend at 16 percent.
* Vietnam Maritime Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Maritime Bank-MSB) has recently applied dossier to offer 200 million shares for the existing shareholders at the ratio of 5:2.
* Lien Viet Commercial Bank has launched Viet Wallet card to give banking services for mobile subscribers.