* In the annual general meeting (AGM) held on April 25, 2012, the shareholders of Viet Hai Sea Transport and Real Estate Trading Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed ASP) have approved for delisting shares on Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) and moving floor to UPCoM, the market for unlisted public companies.
* The southern bourse-listed Tan Dai Hung Plastic Joint Stock Co (coded TPC) has lately announced to close the shareholders list on May 11, 2012 for paying 2011 dividend in cash.
* PetroVietnam Fertiliser and Chemical Joint Stock Corp (coded DPM) held the annual general meeting (AGM) on April 27, 2012. In the meeting, the shareholders have approved for purchasing 51 percent of the total stake in Ca Mau Fertiliser Joint Stock Co, the 2012 business plan and raising the 2011 dividend from 15 percent to 35 percent in cash.
* Ha Tu Coal – Vinacomin Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed THT) has lately announced that the company would close the shareholders list on May 9, 2012 for paying 2011 dividend in cash and allocating bonus shares to the existing shareholders.
* The northern bourse-listed Post and Telecommunication Equipment Joint Stock Co (coded POT) has lately released the announcement about adjusting the dividend payment date.
* Binh Duong Mineral and Construction Joint Stock Co (coded KSB) set May 15 as the registration deadline to pay 2011 dividend – the second round in cash.
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) has lately released the registration deadline to close the shareholders list of Hanoi Construction Joint Stock Co No 5 (coded CH5).
* PetroVietnam Securities Joint Stock Co (coded PSI) has approved the 2012 business plan with total revenue of 180.4 billion dong and pre-tax profit of 7.3 billion dong in the latest annual general meeting (AGM) held on April 27, 2012.
* Quoc Cuong Gia Lai Joint Stock Co (coded QCG) has approved the 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 885 billion dong and pre-tax profit of 126 billion dong, up 387 percent against the previous year.
* Lam Thao Fertiliser and Chemical Joint Stock Co (coded LAS) held the annual general meeting (AGM) lately. In the meeting, the company approved the 2011 business reports and worked out the 2012 year plan.
* Thieu Nien Tien Phong Plastic Joint Stock Co (coded NTP) held the annual general meeting (AGM) on April 26, 2012. In the meeting, the company has sought approval from the shareholders for the 2011 business results and worked out 2012 targeted year plan.
* Pham Thanh Quang, general director of Debt and Asset Trading Co (DATC) announced that his company has suggested the solutions for Binh An Seafood Joint Stock Co (Bianfishco) to deal with the company’s debt problems and resume production.
* Syrena Vietnam Investment Development Joint Stock Co announced to offer 150 apartments in Green Bay – 17T2 apartment block in the third offerings held on April 29, 2012, of which 60 apartments overlooked Ha Long Bay. On this occasion, the investors have also decided to offer 30 billion dong gifts for the customers who registered for purchasing the apartments on April 29.
* Chan May-Lang Co Economic Zone Management Board has lately released the detailed plan (under ratio of 1/2,000) for the Chan May new urban area to be situated in Phu Loc Dist, Thua Thien Hue province.
* FPT Da Nang Urban Development Joint Stock Co has lately introduced to market the FPT Smart Nano Flat with initial offering price of 343 million dong.
* The general Statistical Office showed that in Jan-April period, Vietnam has about 3.5 million new telephone subscribers, increasing by 20 percent against the same period last year. Of which, there were 102,000 fixed telephone subscribers, equivalent to 38.1 percent and 3.5 million mobile subscribers, up 20.8 percent year-on-year.
* The Seafood Joint Stock Co No 1 (Seajoco) has released the 2012 year plan with targeted pre-tax profit of 20 billion dong, in comparison with last year’s profit of 14.27 billion dong. The company aims to obtain total export turnover of $11 million, with export volume of 2,000 tonnes.
* Dong Phu Rubber Joint Stock Co (coded DPR) held the annual general meeting on April 27, 2012 announcing to pay 2011 dividend at 50 percent rate, instead of 40 percent as stated by the management board.
* The leaders of Tuong An Vegetable Oil Joint Stock Co (coded TAC) officially denied the rumour that Masan Group would acquire TAC in the near future in the latest annual general meeting (AGM).
* Vietnam Food Association (VFA) has said that Vietnam’s rice export price in last week surged thanks to gradually decreasing supply when the harvest is ending and Thailand continues its programme of purchasing rice for storage.
* Hoa Phat Group Joint Stock Co (coded HPG) has recently reported its consolidated business results in the first quarter of this year with net revenue of 4.086 trillion dong, down 14 percent from the same period last year.
* Binh Dinh Book and School Equipment Joint Stock Co (coded BDB) has released the Q1 business reports with total revenue of 2.28 billion dong and pre-tax profit of negative 51 million dong.
* PetroVietnam Nghe An Construction Joint Stock Corp (coded PVA) has lately held the annual general meeting (AGM). In the meeting, the company approved for 2012 targeted year plan with total revenue of 848 billion dong, after tax profit of 42.1 billion dong, increasing by 140 percent and 991 percent respectively against that of 2011.
* In the annual shareholders meeting held on April 26, 2012, the management board of the Investment and Trading of Real Estate Joint Stock Co (coded ITC) has approved the 2012 targeted year plan with total after tax profit of 34.6 billion dong.
* Vietnam National Reinsurance Joint Stock Corp (Vinare-coded VNR) on April 27 organised its annual general meeting (2012) to pass this year business plan with premium of 1.6 trillion dong, up 12.7 percent from 2011.
* HCM City Building Commercial Joint Stock Bank (HDBank-coded HBB)’s bad debts ratio as of February 29, 2012 was at 32 percent basing on the special assessment according to the biggest potential risk level. According to Vietnam’s standards, the ratio was over 16 percent. The figures were given at the bank’s annual general meeting (AGM) 2012 on April 28.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM) held on April 27, 2012, HCM City Building Commercial Joint Stock Bank (HDBank) approved the 2011 business results and 2012 year plan. The bank’s shareholders have also passed the proposal of raising chartered capital within this year.