* Saigon Securities Inc (SSI) has announced its consolidated fiscal statement in the first quarter of 2012 with a year-on-year decline of 29 percent in total revenue, to reach 164 billion dong.
* ABC International Group Joint Stock Co has lately registered for trading 2.206 million shares of Meca Vneco Electricity Investment and Construction Joint Stock Co (STC-listed VES).
* Vietnam Investment Construction and Trading Joint Stock Corp – Constrexim Holdings (coded CTX) would officially list 25,453,800 shares on Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) for the first time with reference price of 10,500 dong per share on May 24, 2012.
* The northern bourse-listed Construction and Infrastructure Development Joint Stock Co (coded CID) has registered for purchasing back 60,000 shares as fund shares.
* The Water Supply Sewerage Construction and Investment Joint Stock Co (coded VSI) announced to close the shareholders list on May 31 for paying 2011 dividend.
* Phu Nhuan Jewellery Co (PNJ) has announced May 29 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 third round dividend in cash for shareholders at 5 percent.
* Manulife Progressive Fund (MAFPF1) has announced its net asset value per unit by May 19 at 6,986 dong, falling by 531 dong against the previous week.
* An Phat Plastic and Green Environment Co (AAA) has decided to divest 50 billion dong from My San-Tay Bac Joint Stock Co.
* Cement Trading Co (TMX) has announced May 29 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 dividend in cash for shareholders at 10 percent.
* Funderburk Lighthouse Limited has registered to buy two million shares of PVI Holdings Co (PVI) from today to July 20.
* Ocean Hospitality & Service Company (OCH) has decided to transfer its entire 51.4 percent stake, or over 5.1 million shares, in Tan Viet Joint Stock Company.
* Vietnam Construction Company No 2 (VC2) will float an additional four million shares on the northern bourse on May 28 while Low Current – Telecom Company (LTC) will also trade 706,000 more shares on the bourse on the same day.
* In the transport planning for the capital city till 2030, Hanoi will give priorities on developing elevated railways and bus system.
* Minh Phu Seafood Group Joint Stock Co (coded MPC) has lately announced to reach accumulative export volume of 8,759 tonnes of shrimp in the first four months of 2012, bringing in total export turnover of $107.1 million, up 28.13 percent in volume and 313.63 percent in value in comparison with the same period last year.
* Gemadept Joint Stock Co (coded GMD) has released the Q1 financial reports with net revenue of 614 billion dong, after tax profit of over 39 billion dong, increasing by 26 percent and 5 percent respectively year-on-year.
* PetroVietnam Construction Joint Stock Corp (coded PVX) and the contractors of Sojitz (Japan) and Daelim (South Korea) yesterday signed the EPC contract (engineering, procedure and construction) valued at $826 million for Thai Binh 2 thermo power plan project.
* In the upcoming annual general meeting (AGM) held on May 30, the management board of Giai Phong Automobile Joint Stock Co (coded GGG) would seek approval among the shareholders for the 2012 business plan. In details, the company would expect to reach whole year revenue of 120 billion dong and pre-tax profit of 6 billion dong, mainly from trading cars.
* The PetroVietnam Northern Gas Joint Stock Co (coded PVG) announced to hold the annual general meeting (AGM) on May 24, 2012.
* Vingroup Group Joint Stock Co (coded VIC) released the Q1 financial reports with net revenue of 1.882 trillion dong, about four times higher than the same period last year.
* HCM City People’s Committee has recently approved a project to build 1,570 apartments for two resettlement areas covering 38.4 hectares in Binh Khanh ward, according to the local newswire VnExpress.
* Van Phat Hung Corporation (VPH) obtained 28.3 billion dong in revenue and 2.5 billion dong in after-tax profit in the first quarter of this year.
* An Thai Rice Co has developed a plant squeezing husk into small lumps which are used as burning fuel and will be exported to Asian and European markets. The plant has a production output of 3,000 tonnes of husk lumps per month and the capacity will be raised to 5,000 tonnes later this year. The exporting price of the product is l,500 dong per kilogram.
* Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PVN) will have to export bio-ethanol of the Dung Quat plant to ensure output for the plant. The group has invested $270 million to develop three ethanol plants in Binh Phuoc, Phu Tho and Quang Ngai provinces with an annual ca ad of 300 000 cubic meters. The domestic consumption of E5 petrol is estimated to be around 100,000 cubic meters per year, which is one-third of the total capacity of the bio-ethanol plants.
* Central Hydropower Joint Stock Company yesterday connected A Luoi Hydropower Plant, the largest hydropower project in Thua Thien Hue Province, to the national power grid. The 170- MW plant worth 3.234 trillion dong can generate around 686.5 million kWh per year.
* Saigon Nhat Phuong Co has held a topping-out ceremony for the President Palace office building. Having a total area of 11,500 square meters, President Palace is constructed under the LEED (Leadership in
Energy and Environmental Design) standards for green buildings.
* Central Power Corporation (EVN CPC) has reported to invest in 29 projects with a total investment of over 1.661 trillion dong to develop the power network in the Central Highlands province of Dak Lak. Specifically, the firm will upgrade and build 1,940.9 kilometres of medium-voltage power lines, 1,630.6 kilometres of low-voltage power lines and several substations.
* Bien Hoa Sugar Joint Stock Co (coded BHS) has recently reported the transaction result of its majority shareholder namely Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank-STB).
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) has lately announced that the Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (Bidv) has become the public company since May 14, 2012.
* In the first quarter of 2012, PetroVietnam Insurance Joint Stock Corp (coded PVI) reported gaining net revenue of over 1.48 trillion dong, surging 21 percent over the same period last year and its consolidated profit was more than 337 billion dong, up four billion dong on year.
* Asia Commercial Bank has expanded the total number of websites accepting payments by ACB domestic cards to 42. The lender has also improved services for customers transferring money to China, South Korea and Taiwan.