* Thuan Thao Joint Stock Co (coded GTT) has recently announced the resolution of its annual general meeting (AGM) 2012 that took place on April 28 whereby GTT’s shareholders approved a plan to issue 21.497 million shares priced at par (10,000 dong per share) to outside investors who have financial capacity and capital contribution ability to the company quickly.
* Kinh Bac Urban Development Joint Stock Corp (coded KBC) has recently approved for issuing additional 20 million shares within 2012.
* Hoa Binh Construction and Real Estate Trading Joint Stock Co (coded HBC) has released the resolution approved in the annual general meeting (AGM).
* Dai Thien Loc Joint Stock Co (coded DTL) has lately approved the proposal about paying 2011 dividend in cash, at an applied rate of 20 percent, much lower than the previous plan of 30-40 percent.
* HCM City Technical Infrastructure Investment Joint Stock Co (coded CII) has announced to close the shareholders list on May 9 for paying 2011 dividend in cash.
* The HNX-listed PVI Holdings (coded PVI) has lately registered for buying in over 2.7 million shares as fund shares.
* Sacombank Securities Co has offloaded over one million shares of SPM Company (SPM), or a 7.5 percent stake.
* Binh Duong Mineral and Construction Co (KSB) has announced May 11 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 second round dividend in cash at 17 percent.
* PetroVietnam Oil Corporation has registered to buy over 646,000 shares of Materials – Petroleum Co. (COM) within one month from May 3.
* Gemadept Corporation (GMD) has gained approval to trade 9.4 million more shares on the southern bourse while Hoang Quan Consulting-Trading- Service Real Estate Corporation (HQC) will float an additional 20 million shares on the bourse on May 8.
* Tan Cang Logistics and Stevedoring Co (TCL) obtained 123.7 billion dong in revenues and 12 billion dong in after-tax profits in the first quarter of 2012.
* PetroVietnam general Services Corporation (PET) has announced May 8 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 cash dividend for shareholders at 18 percent.
* Tan Viet Securities Co has closed its Ly Thuong Kiet transaction office in HCM City’s Tan Binh District.
* Vietnam Bank for Social Policies sold 1 trillion dong worth of three-year government-backed bonds and 700 billion dong worth of five-year bonds through an auction last Friday. The winning interest coupons were 11.2 percent and 11.25 percent per annum respectively.
* The leaders of Dong Hai Ben Tre Joint Stock Co (coded DHC) announced lately that the company would not pay 2011 dividend but to spend the capital sources for business activities in 2012.
* Anh Duong Vietnam Joint Stock Co (Vinasun – coded VNS) has held the annual general meeting (AGM) to seek approval for 2012 business plan. In details, the company has set target to reach whole year revenue of over 2.589 trillion dong and after tax profit of 123.87 billion dong, increasing by 14 percent in revenue against the previous year but down 7 percent in profit.
* Thanh Do Construction Investment and Development Joint Stock Co officially introduced the Empire project, a complex of high-class resort and apartment buildings in Da Nang City on April 29, 2012.
* Viettel Global Investment Joint Stock Co (Viettel Global) is now the single local firm investing in telecommunication networks overseas.
* PetroVietnam Construction Joint Stock Corp (coded PVX) has lately released the Q1 financial reports with total net revenue of 279 billion dong, down 61 percent against the same period last year. Thanks to drop of 63 percent in principal sales price, the company’s consolidated profit saw a year-on-year slump of 22 percent to 25.7 billion dong.
* The Idico Petroleum Trading Construction Investment Joint Stock Co (coded PXL) has reported gaining Q1 net revenue of 51 billion dong, declining by 15 percent against the same period last year, and consolidated profit of 2.3 billion dong, down 10 percent.
* The southern bourse-listed Phuong Nam Culture Joint Stock Co (coded PNC) has set target to reach whole year revenue of 416 billion dong, pre-tax profit of over 8 billion dong and dividend of 5 percent in 2012.
* Tan Dai Hung Plastic Joint Stock Co (coded TPC) has lately made report explaining about the sharp increase in the company’s Q1 profit of 33.9 billion dong, in comparison with the same period last year at over 226 million dong.
* Do Thanh Technology Joint Stock Co (coded DTT) announced to hold the annual general meeting (AGM) on April 27. In the meeting, the shareholders approved the 2012 targeted year plan.
* general Statistical Office (GSO) has reported that revenue from post and telecommunications in the first four months of this year was estimated at 45.8 trillion dong, rising 13.7 percent over the same period last year.
* FPT Software has signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Japan-based Hitachi on deploying management software for universities in Vietnam. Under the cooperation, FPT Software will localise content as well as deploy the management software Uniprove/As developed by Hitachi for Vietnamese universities under the form of Software as a Service.
* US-based network security Fortinethas picked Viet Net and EGUARDIAN as its new partners in Vietnam. Fortinet will start recruiting local sales managers for the first time in Vietnam in the next few months in an effort to expand its presence.
* Hoa Binh Construction &. Real Estate Corporation (HBC) has set high growth targets for this year with 3.9 trillion dong in revenue and 170 billion dong in after-tax profit and a respective rise of 27.7 percent and 13 percent from last year, even though the property market is predicted to struggle again this year. HBC has won seven bids worth nearly 1 trillion dong this year.
* Fiditourist Tan Dinh Travel Joint Stock Co (Fiditour) obtained 469 billion dong with a rise of 109 percent and a 22 percent cash dividend. The firm targets to earn 11.2-11.4 billion dong in after-tax profit and a cash dividend of 22-24 percent.
* Vietnam Wind Energy Co has been approved to develop a 2MW wind power project on Cham Islet in the central province of Quang Nam.
* Nguyen Kim Joint Stock Commercial Co has opened six Nguyen Kim shopping centres in Can Tho City and Tien Giang, Kien Giang, An Giang, Binh Phuoc and Dak Lak provinces with an investment of 30-50 billion dong per centre.
* Saigon Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SHB) has recently released its document for the coming annual general meeting (AGM) 2012 whereby the bank will submit its merger plan for the shareholders’ approval.
* Euromoney magazine has honored Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam as the Best Local Trade Finance House 2012 in Vietnam.
* Southeast Asia Commercial Bank has been named the main agent of Western Union in Vietnam.
* Vietnam Bank for Industry and Trade has been allowed to stop operation of its Chau Thanh branch in Long An Province.