* Vietnam National Coal and Minerals Industries Group (Vinacomin) on May 29 said that the group will issue local currency dominated bonds in 2012 with a total volume of maximum three trillion dong under the consultancy of Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank of Industry and Trade (VietinBank-CTG).
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) has lately announced about the dividend payment schedule of Additives and Petroleum Products Joint Stock Co (coded APP).
* Tan Phu Plastic Joint Stock Co (coded TPP) has set June 29 as the ex-dividend session and July 3 as registration deadline to close the shareholders list for paying dividend in 2010 and 2011.
* Hop Nhat Vietnam Group (HNC) aimed to obtain whole year revenue of 400 billion dong in 2012, increasing by 30 percent against the previous year, of which revenue gained from express delivery services would count for 360 billion dong. The company expected to pay 2012 dividend at 25 percent.
* Hanwa Co Ltd has acquired over 1.4 million shares of SMC Investment Trading Co (SMC) to secure a 5 percent stake in the latter.
* Lilama 10 Company (LIO) has announced June 12 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 second round dividend in cash for shareholders at 7 percent.
* Hoang Anh Gia Lai Co (HAG) will float an additional 70 million shares on the southern bourse on June 4.
* MB Securities Company has bought over 504,000 shares of International Development & Investment Corporation to raise its ownership from 9.7 percent to 11 percent.
* Manulife Progressive Fund (MAFPF 1) has announced its net asset value per unit by May 24 at 6,810 dong, dropping by 176 dong against the previous week.
* Ben Thanh Corporation has registered to buy 500,000 shares of Khanh Hoi Import Export Co within two months from May 31.
* Hanoi Housing Investment and Development Corporation has offloaded over 289,000 shares ofHoa Binh Securities Co (HBS) to reduce its ownership from 4.6 percent to 3.7 percent.
* Steel consumption in May reached about 360,000 tonnes, down 60,000 tonnes from the previous month. Steel price also declined by 100,000-150,000 dong per tonne, the local newswire VnExpress reported, citing Pham Chi Cuong, chair of Vietnam Steel Association (VSA) as saying.
* Presently, an apartment ranging around 200 m2 at Xi Riverview Palace high-class apartment area at No 190 Nguyen Van Huong, Thao Dien ward, district 2, HCM City has rental charge of over 62 million dong per month. In district 1, the rental charges for over 100 m2 apartment in condominium projects such as Sailing Tower, Avalon and The Lancaster are also at above 50 million dong/month.
* Khanh Hoa Power Joint Stock Co (STC-listed KHP) has transferred successfully 1,626,750 shares worth 16.268 billion dong or 5.4 percent stake in EVN Land Nha Trang Joint Stock Co.
* Asia Mineral Joint Stock Co (coded AMC) has released the results of the annual general meeting (AGM) held on May 25, 2012.
* The northern bourse-listed Dai Chau Group Joint Stock Co (coded DCS) has recently released the Q1 financial reports with after tax profit of 154 million dong, down 97 percent against the same period last year.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM) held on May 25, the shareholders of Mien Dong Joint Stock Co (coded MDG) approved the 2012 targeted year plan with net profit of over 6.6 billion dong. This year, the company plans to spend 47 billion dong on investment projects.
* The Electronics Communication Technology Investment Development Joint Stock Co (ELCOM – coded ELC) announced to hold the annual general meeting (AGM) in mid-June, in which the company would seek approval for 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 650 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 158 billion dong and dividend rate at 18 percent in cash.
* Tan Binh Import Export Joint Stock Co (Tanimex – coded TIX) has lately released the financial report for the first six months of 2011-2012 fiscal year that would end on September 30.
* Mai The Loan, director of Mai Son Cement Joint Stock Co has lately announced that the company HAS officially put into operation the Mai Son cement plant. At present, the company would concentrate on producing three types of cement: PCB40, PCB30 and PC40. The plant has produced over 70,000 tonnes of PCB30 cement with high quality.
* Nguyen Quoc Dinh, vice general director of Imexpharm Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded IMP) has revealed that in the first six months of 2012, the company expects to reach accumulative profit of over 57 billion dong, out of the whole year profit plan of 115 billion dong.
* Tran Van Sy, chair of management board in Tan Ky Real Estate Investment and Trading Joint Stock Co (coded TKC) announced that due to difficulty in real estate markets, the company has decided to halt the construction works on The Splendor Thu Duc project so as to look for partners to transfer the project.
* FIDI Event Organisation Centre – FIDI Events, under Fiditour Co has lately kicked off construction works on the complex of trade centre, hotel, and offices for lease named VP Plaza situated at No 96 Tran Phu St, Loc Tho Ward, Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa province.
* Doosan Vietnam Ltd Co (Doosan Vina) on May 25 exported over 4,000 tonnes of high-tech devices to Canada and Israel.
* In the first four months of this year, Vietnam imported nearly 850,000 tonnes of raw plastic for production, rising 4.4 percent over the same period last year, with an import value of $1.409 billion, Vietnam Plastic Association (VPA) reported.
* PetroVietnam Joint Stock Financial Corp (PVFC) planned to reduce the holdings in some member companies under PetroVietnam Group so as to restructure the investment portfolio.
* The first bidding package of the EPC contract for building the amon nitrate plant valued at $147.4 million (or 985.446 billion dong) has been signed between Mining Chemical Industrial Corp and constructors of Uhde-TTCL Group.
* In the first three months of 2012, Ocean Group Joint Stock Co (coded OGC) reported gaining after tax profit of 38.6 billion dong, declining by 19.4 billion dong or 33 percent against the same period last year.
* After keeping prices for a long time, many investors in Hanoi were forced to lower prices to continue projects, the local newswire VnMedia said.
* Dong Nai Paint Company (SDN) targets to obtain 92 billion dong in revenues and 5.5 billion dong in pre-tax profits in 2012.
* Licogi 13 Company (LIG) obtained 238.5 billion dong in revenues and 2 billion dong in after-tax profits in the first quarter of this year.
* SYM Vietnam has launched the Attila Series 2012 consisting of Attila Elisabeth EFI 2012 and Attila Passing 2012 scooters, with many improvements such as high fuel efficiency and large cylinder capacity.
* Dien Bien Rubber Co has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Laos Ministry of Planning and Investment to study the feasibility of planting rubber in an area of 1,000 hectares in Laos’ northern province of Udomsay.
* Kim Oanh Real Estate Joint Stock Co has started to sell land lots of the College Town II commercial town and the My Phuoc urban area in Binh Duong Province for 1.3-2.4 million dong per square metre.
* Trai Viet Co (Vietfarm) has exported a container of 120,000 chicken eggs to Hong Kong after a successful trial shipment two weeks before. The firm has also received a request to export 6-8 containers of chicken eggs every month from its Hong Kong partner.
* Immediately after the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) fixed the maximum deposit interest rate in dong for institutions and individuals at credit institutions, starting from May 28, the Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (Bidv) adjusted the lending interest rates.
* The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV)’s governor on May 29, 2012 decided to assign Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank of Industry and Trade (VietinBank-CTG) to serve a project to build road in northern mountainous provinces financed by Asian Development Bank (ADB).
* Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam has applied lending rate ceiling of 13 percent per annum on short-term loans for qualified customers and businesses in priority sectors of agriculture, supporting industries, and export among others.