* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) has said that it would organise a tender for six trillion dong worth of government-backed bonds issued by the State Treasury on May 11, including three trillion dong for 3-year tenor bond and another three trillion dong worth of 5-year tenor bond.
* Hung Vuong Joint Stock Co (coded HVG) has announced to close the shareholders list on May 21, 2012 for paying 2011 dividend- the second round in cash.
* The southern bourse-listed International Gas Product Shipping Joint Stock Co (coded GSP) has set May 14 as the ex-dividend session for paying 2011 dividend in cash.
* Hoang Anh Gia Lai Joint Stock Co (coded HAG) has reported the trading result of its majority shareholder namely Deutsche Bank Trust Company.
* Dana-Italy Steel Joint Stock Co (coded DNY) has recently announced the transaction result of its majority shareholder namely Saigon-Hanoi Securities Joint Stock Co (coded SHS).
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) has lately made report about granting new transaction codes for the foreign investors in April.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) has lately released the announcement No 450/2012/TB-SGDHCM for putting the shares of Vinaship Sea Transport Joint Stock Co (coded VNA) into the warning list, starting from May 3, 2012.
* Truong Thanh Furniture Group Joint Stock Co (coded TTF) has held the annual general meeting (AGM) for approving the 2011 business results with total revenue of 3.015 trillion dong and after tax profit of 11 billion dong, equivalent to earnings per share (EPS) of 297 dong. The company decided not to pay 2011 dividend to the existing shareholders.
* PetroVietnam Gas Corp (PVGas) planned to officially list 1.895 billion shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) under the share code of GAS on May 21, 2012. The reference price on the debut session was posted at 36,000 dong per share. With the registered listing volume, PVGas would become the largest capitalisation company in both bourses.
* Lotus-Mekong River Equity Fund has bought 200,000 shares of Son Ha International Corporation (SHI).
* Hoa Binh Construction & Real Estate Corporation (HBC) has bought back over 1.9 million shares as treasury shares.
* Sao Mai Construction Corporation (ASM) has signed a memorandum of understanding with a Chinese group to set up a food distribution company in China this year. The An Giang Province-based enterprise will hold a 51 percent stake in the joint venture.
* Thuan An Wood Processing Co (GTA) has announced May 11 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2011 dividend in cash for shareholders at 9 percent.
* Trang An Securities Co. has decided to spur its chartered capital to 300 billion dong.
* VIAC (No.1) Limited Partnership has acquired two million shares of Vinh Son-Song Hinh Hydropower Company (VSH) to spur its holding from 5.1 percent to 6.1 percent.
* Hydropower Company – Power No 3 (DRL) has announced May 10 as the ex-dividend date for shareholders to receive 2011 and 2012 dividend both in cash at 4.12 percent and 5.88 percent respectively.
* Vietnam Securities Investment Fund (VFMVF1) has announced its net asset value per unit by April 26 at 16,387 dong, rising by 420 dong from a week earlier.
* Tia Sang Battery Co (TSB) will float an additional 3.3 million shares on the northern bourse on May 10.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM), the shareholders of Cuong Thuan Idico Investment and Development Joint Stock Co (coded CTI) have approved the 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 458 billion dong, up 25 percent against the previous year. The company expects to gain net profit of 24 billion dong, triple against 2011 but lower than the previous year.
* Hamico Minerals Group (coded KHS) released the Q1 financial reports with loss of 420 million dong due to sharp decrease in revenue while high costs.
* Nam Viet Joint Stock Co (coded NAV) released the 2012 business plan that was approved by the company’s shareholders in the annual general meeting (AGM) held on April 28, 2012.
* Vietnam Ocean Shipping Joint Stock Co (coded VOS) has approved for selling the Ocean Star cargo carrier with loading capacity of 18,366 tonnes in 2012. At the same time, the company would concentrate on shipbuilding project for Nam Trieu Shipping Industrial Corp.
* Vietnam National Coal and Minerals Industries Group (Vinacomin) has recently submitted its proposal to relevant ministries to increase coal price for electricity plants step by step and bring the coal price close to the market price by the end of 2012 to cover its production costs, according to the local newspaper Thoi Bao Kinh Te Saigon (Saigon Economic Times).
* Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) and Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST) are now completing a draft plan to terminate A83 gasoline in circulation to submit to the prime minister, Vu Van Quyen, head of MoIT’s Domestic Market Department told local newspaper on late May 2.
* The EVN Southern Power Corp (EVNSPC) and Italy’s Preysmian Powerlink SRL Group yesterday officially signed the EPC contract (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) for the project of 110kV Ha Tien-Phu Quoc submarine cable network. The signing ceremony took place in HCM City.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM), the shareholders of PetroVietnam Financial Joint Stock Corp (STC-listed PVF) have approved for hiking chartered capital from 6 trillion dong to 9 trillion dong, via issuing 30 million convertible bonds. The bond issuance is supposed to be started in Q2 or Q3 of 2012.
* At the annual general meeting (AGM) 2012 held on May 2, Cotec Real Estate Development and Investment Joint Stock Co (coded CLG) reported gaining consolidated revenue of 255.8 billion dong and after tax profit at 28.6 billion dong, of which, the holding company posted 206 billion dong revenue and 23.5 billion dong after tax profit. CLG will pay 2011 dividend at 12 percent in cash.
* Hoang Long Group Joint Stock Co (coded HLG) has released the 2012 business plan with targeted revenue of 2.529 trillion dong, after tax profit of 88 billion dong and EPS of 1,990 dong.
* Go Dang Joint Stock Co (coded AGD) has lately released the parent company’s Q1 business reports with net revenue of over 222 billion dong, increasing by 28 percent against the same period last year and consolidated profit of 41 billion dong, up 5 percent.
* The management board of Gemadept Joint Stock Co (coded GMD) has planned to submit the plan of exploiting 7,000-8,000 hectares of land and planting 4,000-5,000 hectares of rubber trees in Cambodia in the upcoming annual general meeting (AGM) to be held on May 9, 2012.
* Vietnam Electricity Group (EVN) has successfully connected the fifth generator of Son La Hydropower Plant with a capacity of 400 MW to the national power grid. It can supply 50 million kWh a day. The sixth generator is scheduled for operation in August and the whole plant will be completed by the end of the year.
* Binh Minh Plastics Joint Stock Co has signed a contract with Vietnam Pyramid New Technology Corporation to apply the enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution using Oracle E-business Suite.
* Minh Phuong Real Estate Investment Co has been licensed to develop the MP Dinh Vu Industrial Park project worth nearly 993 billion dong and covering 231 hectares in the northern port city of Hai Phong. The firm has also pledged to complete basic infrastructure facilities in June next year and finish the whole project in 2014.
* Nha Trang Textile and Garment Joint Stock Co has put into operation a textile plant with an investment of 328 billion. Equipped with modern technology from Japan, Germany, Switzerland and China, the plant has an annual production output of 4,200 tonnes of polyester and yarn for domestic consumption and export.
* Petrolimex International Trading Co (PIT) obtained 520 billion dong in revenues and 211 million dong in pre-tax profits in the first quarter of 2012.
* PetroVietnatn Fertiliser and Chemicals Corporation (DPM) targets to gain 13.9 trillion dong in revenues and 1.7 trillion dong in after-tax profits this year.
* Nam Viet Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Navibank-NVB) has recently reported the consolidated business performance for the first quarter of 2012 with a strong net interest income growth year-on-year to reach 204.96 billion dong.
* In its press release on Vietnam’s market outlook on May 3, HSBC said that Vietnam’s economic growth has fallen stronger than expected and inflation has constantly calmed down. Therefore, the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) will continue to lower the interest rates in early Q3/2012.
* Orient Commercial Bank (OCB) has launched the free service of collecting electricity charges for 15 member companies of HCM City Power Co. Customers can pay electricity charges by cash at the bank’s transaction offices or make money transfers or payments through OCB Mobile.
* HCM City Development Bank targets to obtain 600 billion dong in profits in 2012, a 6 percent year-on-year increase, and pay dividend for shareholders at 12 percent.