* Vietnam Investment Securities Joint Stock Co (coded IVS) has lately held the conference to introduce the new software for iPad and iPhone users. The software called “IVF Pro”, has been designed and developed by the company’s Information Technology Centre.
* Duc Long Gia Lai Group Joint Stock Co (coded DLG) has lately reported the results of selling convertible bonds to the existing shareholders. Accordingly, the company has already sold 2.13 million convertible bonds for shareholders at offering price of 100,000 dong per bond.
* Cavico Vietnam Mining and Construction Joint Stock Co (coded MCV) has been forced to delist shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC), starting from May 11, 2012.
* The southern bourse-listed Sao Ta Food Joint Stock Co (coded FMC) has lately announced to set May 16 as the ex-dividend session to close the shareholders list for dividend payment purpose.
* The STC-listed Tay Nguyen Electricity Investment Joint Stock Co (coded TIC) announced to purchase in large volume of treasury shares.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced to hold the tender session on May 10, 2012 for bidding the government-guaranteed bonds valued at 1 trillion dong to be issued by the Bank for Social Policies.
* Da Nang Rubber Joint Stock Co (coded DRC) announced to close the shareholders list for paying 2011 dividend in shares and allocating bonus shares.
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) – HCM City branch announced that PetroVietnam Fertiliser and Chemical Joint Stock Corp (coded DPM) would spend 950 billion dong for dividend payment.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) has officially announced to put the shares of Marine Supply and Engineering Services Joint Stock Co (coded MAC) into the watch list, starting from May 7, 2012.
* Yen Bai Agricultural and Forestry Foodstuff Joint Stock Co (HNX-listed CAP) announced to close the shareholders list on May 15, 2012 for paying 2011 dividend in cash.
* Hoa Binh Construction and Real Estate Trading Joint Stock Co (coded HBC) has lately reported the results of purchasing fund shares that occurred recently.
* PetroVietnam Gas Corp is going to list on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange on May 21 under the trading code of GAS. It will trade 1.895 billion shares on the bourse with the reference price at 36,000 dong each.
* Everpia Vietnam Corp (EVE) has announced May 11 as the ex-dividend day for shareholders to receive 2011 dividend of 15 percent in cash and 20 percent in shares. The company expects to issue nearly 4.6 million shares to pay dividend this time.
* SSI Horizon Fund has increased its ownership in Bibica Corp (BBC) from 6.66 percent to 8 percent.
* The board of directors of Dong Phu Rubber Co (DPR) has decided to pay 2011 second-round dividend in cash at 15 percent in May.
* Nam Bay Bay Investment Joint Stock Co (coded NBB) would seek investment from the outside partners for carrying out the real estate projects sited in HCM City and the mineral-mining projects in Quang Ngai province.
* AZ Real Estate Joint Stock Co (AZ Land) announced that the company has restarted the construction works on some projects.
* The southern bourse-listed Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Joint Stock Co (coded REE) has lately released the Q1 reviewed financial reports with after tax profit of 255.6 billion dong, or 2.8 times higher than the same period last year.
* Vietnam Construction and Export-Import Joint Stock Corp (HNX-listed VCG) has made Q1 financial reports with accumulative loss of 885 billion dong due to super high financial costs.
* The management board of Vietnam National general Import-Export Joint Stock Co (coded TH1) has lately approved the Q2 business plan with targeted import-export turnover of $25 million, equivalent to 78 percent of the previous quarter.
* FPT Online Services Joint Stock Co (FPTOnline) set targets to reach whole year revenue of 1.8 trillion dong and pre-tax profit of 315 billion dong, equivalent to EPS of 18,358 dong.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM), the shareholders of Na Loi Hydropower Joint Stock Co (coded NLC) have passed the 2012 targeted year plan with after tax profit of 9.6 billion dong, equalling to 75 percent of the previous year.
* Ha Tien 1 Cement Joint Stock Co (coded HT1) released gaining no profit in Q1 of 2012, because of high lending costs.
* The Southern Container Joint Stock Co (coded VSG) announced to hold the annual general meeting (AGM) on May 10, 2012. In the meeting, the shareholders would approve the 2012 targeted business plan with expected revenue of 82.7 billion dong and profit of negative 59 billion dong.
* Vietnam has signed contracts to export over 4.5 million tonnes of rice, rising 300,000 tonnes over the figure of more than 4.2 million tonnes not long ago, according to the local newswire Thoi Bao Kinh Te Saigon (Saigon Economic Times).
* Viglacera Corporation last Saturday started work on the second phase of a housing project and opened a sport and service centre for workers in Tien Son Industrial Park, Bac Ninh Province. Covering 23,5 square meters and having investment of 300 billion dong, the housing project will provide accommodation for 6,000 workers after its completion in 2014.
* Doosan Heavy Industries Vietnam (Doosan Vinal has started installing a sea water purification system worth over $1 million on Be Island, inQuang Ngai Province’s Ly Son District, Tuoi Tre reports. The project, capable to turn 200 cubic meters of seawater into freshwater per day, will be completed in August and provide clean water for over 500 locals.
* Kien Giang Construction and Investment Consulting Corporation has begun construction of an urban area project in Phan Thi Rang Street in Rach Gia City, Kien Giang Province, with investment of 147 billion dong.
* Vinasun Corp (VNS) at its general meeting on April 27 reported to attain 2.344 trillion dong in revenue and 178 billion dong in pre-tax profits in 2011, increasing 21 percent and decreasing 26 percent year-on-year respectively. The company sets 2012 revenue target of 2.59 trillion and pre-tax profits of 165 billion dong.
* Hoang Quan Real Estate Co (HQC) has announced to have finished divesting capital from all of its six subsidiaries.
* Hoa Sen Group (HSG) has dissolved two branches, one in Binh Phuoc Province and one in HCM City, with the purpose to restructure the company’s operation.
* Danang vicem Building Materials Co (DXV) in 2011 obtained 620 billion dong in revenue and 10.15 billion dong in pre-tax profit, matching its business plan for the year. The company targets to attain 706 billion dong in revenue and 7.6 billion dong in pre- tax profit this year. In addition, the 2012 dividend ratio is expected at 5 percent, lower than the 6.5 percent ratio last year.
* Bao Viet Holdings Corp (BVH) in the first quarter this year obtained 366.4 billion dong in after tax profit, increasing 72 percent from the same period last year because it re-booked provisions for financial investments last year.
* Gold deposit interest rate has been resumed on the interest rate benchmark of Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank-STB) after being suspended for over one year, according to the local newswire VnEconomy.
* The branch of Vietnam Bank for Industry and Trade (VietinBank) in Bac Lieu Province has begun construction of nearly 60 rural bridges for communes in the coastal district of Dong Hai worth over 9 billion dong.