* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) – HCM City branch has lately released announcement about closing the shareholders list of Bao Minh Joint Stock Corp (coded BMI) for dividend payment purpose.
* The management board of Song Da Industrial and Trading Joint Stock Co (coded STP) has lately approved for paying 2011 dividend in cash to the existing shareholders, following the decision approved in the company’s annual general meeting (AGM).
* Mong Duong Coal – Vinacomin Joint Stock Co (coded MDC) announced to close the shareholders list on May 14, 2012 for paying 2011 dividend in cash for existing shareholders.
* In the recent annual general meeting (AGM), the shareholders of Saigon Coop Investment and Development Joint Stock Co (SaigonCoop) have approved for issuing additional 25,507,764 shares to the public.
* Construction Joint Stock Co No 47 (coded C47) announced to close the shareholders list on May 23, 2012 for paying second round dividend to existing shareholders.
* TNG Investment and Trading Joint Stock Co (coded TNG) has lately approved for issuing additional shares to hike chartered capital.
* The Hochiminh Stock Exchange has given warnings to four companies Khanh Hoi Import Export Co (KHA), HCM City Metal Corp (HMC), Hoang Long Group (HLG), and Tan Tao Industrial Investment Co. (ITA) for not reporting on big shareholders’ stocks transactions.
* Bao Viet Securities Investment Co. has registered to trade two million shares of Truong Thanh Furniture Corp (TIF) within two months from May 10.
* The northern bourse-listed PetroVietnam Drilling Mud Joint Stock Corp (coded PVC) has lately released the Q1 financial reports with the parent company’s after tax profit of over 17 billion dong, dropping by 48 percent against the same period last year, and lower than the profit of 21 billion dong applied for minority shareholders.
* In the annual general meeting (AGM), Song Da 11 Joint Stock Co (coded SJE) has approved 2012 business plan with total revenue of 436.4 billion dong, pre-tax profit of 22 billion dong, up 6 percent against the previous year, and pay dividend at 15 percent.
* The STC-listed International Food Joint Stock Co (coded IFS) has lately released the Q1 business reports with loss of 4 billion dong.
* Hang Xanh Automobile Services Joint Stock Co (coded HAX) held the annual general meeting (AGM) on May 8, 2012. In the meeting, the shareholders have approved the 2012 targeted year plan with total revenue of 995.5 billion dong, pre-tax profit and after tax profit of 18 billion dong and 13.5 billion dong respectively. The company plans to pay dividend at 10 percent.
* Savills Vietnam’s recently-released report on Hanoi’s real estate market in the first quarter of 2012 showed that the prices of villa and adjacent land declined further by 20 percent from the last quarter of 2011.
* The management board of industrial zones in Binh Duong province has lately announced to issue the investment licence for DNP Vietnam Group on May 11, 2012. In details, the group has got approval for building the packaging plant with the registered investment capital of $35 million.
* Hoang Trung Hai, Vietnam’s deputy prime minister has lately approved for the list of technical support for Hanoi urban railway route No 3 project with package value of $1.1 million, funded by Asian Development Bank (ADB).
* Ministry of transport has lately submitted the document to prime minister for seeking approval about adjusting the investment capital for Tan Vu-Lach Huyen expressway project up to 13.114 trillion dong.
* Vinaconex Xuan Mai Concrete and Construction Joint Stock Co (coded XMC) has released the reviewed financial report for Q1 of 2012.
* Phung Tuan Ha, general director of PetroVietnam general Services Joint Stock Co (coded PET) has lately released that in the first two quarters of 2012, the company estimated to reach profit of 120 billion dong. Most of the profit would come from selling and distributing mobile phones. At present, PET has been the sole distributor for well-known mobile phone manufacturers such as Nokia, Sony Ericson and LG.
* Tran Kim Lien, chair of management board cum general director of National Seed Joint Stock Co (coded NSC) has lately announced that one of the company’s key investment plan in 2012 was to work with Burma’s partners to make research for the new rice seed in Burma for the second round, after conducting the first round successfully previously.
* While rice farmers are hard to ensure the 30 percent profit as required by the government at the Decree No 109/2010/ND-CP, food companies are gaining high profit from rice trading activities.
* Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group as of end-2011 had total accumulative debts of nearly 15.5 trillion dong, or some $7S0 million, an increase of 5.2 trillion dong year-on-year. The group’s debt on assets ratio was 63 percent.
* Vietnam Insurance Corp has just launched a new product providing insurance coverage for private houses. Customers will be insured against all risks occurring to their houses and assets inside including fire and lightning bolts.
* Vietnam National Coal- Mineral Industries Corporation has just sent a petition to the government seeking approval for slashing the coal export tariff from the current 20 percent to 0 percent to help the corporation boost outbound sales, Vneconomy reports. In the first four months of this year the corporation was able to export only 3.9 million tonnes, or some one-fourth ofits annual target.
* Viglacera on Saturday started construction on the second phase of the dormitory complex for workers in Tien Son Industrial Park, and inaugurated a sports complex for workers in the industrial zone.
* Lam Son Sugar Company has just commissioned a small-scale thermo-power plant with a capacity of 12.5MW, using straw, rice husk and sugarcane bagasse as feedstock. The company will use one-fifth of the plant’s generated power, while the remaining will be sold to the State utility Electricity of Vietnam.
* Tetra Pak Vietnam has just introduced a new packaging product made from sugarcane by-products. Packages made of the environment-friendly material will be printed with the symbol of a green leaf.
* The airline Emirates announced a special fare starting from $905 for passengers flying with the airline from HCM City to Dubai and on to Europe as a promotion launched on the occasion of the air carrier starting direct service from HCM City to Dubai last Friday.
* Following Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank-STB), from May 8 Nam A Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Nam A Bank) also resumed its gold mobilisation activity after the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) issued Circular No. 12/2012/TT-NHNN, allowing credit institutions to continue issuing short-term gold certificates until November 25 this year.