* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) recently announced that 11,449,900 ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par of Phong Phu Corp will be officially traded on the southern bourse from November 11 with the initial price of 12,500 dong per share. The company now has a chartered capital of 500 billion dong.
* Hanoi Securities Trading Centre (HaSTC) recently announced approving the Ha Tay Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co to list 4,122,602 ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par on the northern bourse with the share code of DHT on December 12.
* Vietnam Commercial and Industrial Bank (Vietinbank)’s Securities Co (VietinbankSC) recently announced that within December it would make Initial Public Offering (IPO) via Hanoi Securities Trading Centre (HaSTC). As planned, VietinbankSC would retain 72.2% stake of state and offer 27.8% remaining capital, equalling to 244.8 billion dong to the public. Of which, 13% or 117 billion dong will be sold to the strategic partners, 0.9% or 815 million dong will be offered to the employees and 13.9%, equalling to 133 billion dong will be sold to other shareholders.
* HCM City-located Petroleum Technical Service Joint Stock Co (PTSC) under the Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) recently announced that it would offer 75 million ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par to the public. The registration deadline is on November 20. Of which, it would offer 70 million shares to the existing shareholder priced at 10,000 dong per share and five million shares will be allocated to the employees priced at 10,000 dong per share.
* general director of the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC), Tran Dac Sinh recently signed a decision approving Hoang Anh Gia Lai Joint Stock Co (HAGL) to list nearly 190 million shares worth 1.9 trillion dong on par on the southern bourse.
* About 13.6 million LCG shares of Licogi 16 Joint Stock Co will be traded for the first time via STC on November 18, 2008 with the comparative price of 60,000 dong per share and the trading amplitude of +/-20%.
* Nam Viet Joint Stock Co’s (coded ANV) shareholders’ meeting recently passed a plan to pay 18% dividend in cash for the year 2008 (shareholder holding one share will revenue 1,800 dong per share). The payment date is scheduled for December 26.
* During the first nine-months of the year, Tay Ninh Trade and Tourism Joint Stock Co earned 57.65 billion dong in revenue, 5.28 billion dong in after tax profit and the EPS of nearly 1,155 dong.
* Hapaco Joint Stock Co (coded HAP) recently reported its October’s business results with 35.685 billion dong in revenue, up 14.42% or 4.496 billion dong as against last month and 4.785 billion dong in profit, down 11.45% or 619 million dong from previous month, bringing the total corresponding figures during the first ten months of the year to 391.258 billion dong, up 74.4% yoy and achieving 122.3% of the year’s target and 51.706 billion dong, falling 8.8% from last year and accounting for 64.6% of the year’s plan.
* Thanh Hoa Beer Joint Stock Co (coded THB) recently announced business results for the first nine-months of the year with 305.248 billion dong in net revenue from sales and services, up 19.54% or 49.9 billion dong from last year, and 15.197 billion dong in after tax profit, down 59.1% or 21.96 billion dong as against previous year with the EPS of 1,330 dong.
* The Vietnam Machinery Installation Corp (Lilama), Vietnam Shipping Lines Corp (Vinalines) and State Capital Investment Corp (SCIC) recently signed a triple comprehensive cooperation contract to jointly study and cooperate in the field of investment, construction and exploitation of Van Phong international port in Khanh Hoa province, Hai Phong international port and establish Shipping Joint Stock Co and Container Cover Production Factory Construction and Investment Joint Stock Co to take full advantages of each partner and meet the customers’ demands.
* Southeast Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SeABank) today, November 10, will officially put into operation a new transaction site at 272 Le Hong Phong in Nha Trang City in the central coastal province of Khanh Hoa. Earlier on October 30, SeABank inaugurated SeABank Ho Guom at 89 Dinh Tien Hoang in Hanoi’s Hoan Kiem Dist.
* From today November 10, Agribank will lower the lending rate for production households from 15.5% down to 14.4% per annum, for small businesses in fields of production and export down to 15% pa, the bank’s general director Nguyen The Binh.
* Vietnam Bank for Industry and Trade (Vietinbank) on November 8 signed a four-year credit contract worth 1.2 trillion dong or US$72 million with the Vietnam National Coal-Mineral Industries Group-Vinacomin to carry out the Vietnam’s biggest alumin project in the central highland province of Lam Dong.
* In order to help students have opportunities to access and use banking and financial services, from November 3 to 8, Dai A Commercial Joint Stock Bank issued free ATM cards to students at Lac Hong University in the southern province of Dong Nai.
* Vietnam Bank for Industry and Trade (Vietinbank) on November 10 in collaboration with Vietnam Payment Solution Joint Stock Co—VNPay are to debut “VnMart E-wallet” product. With this service, all E-Partner Card owners of Vietinbank can register to use VnMart E-wallet for their shopping and spending.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HaSTC.