* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) –listed Khanh Hoi Import-Export Joint Stock Co (coded KHA) would close the shareholder list on November 24 to pay 10% dividend in cash for the second phase of 2008 (shareholder holding one share will receive 1,000 dong), according to the Securities Depository Centre.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) –listed Vietnam Milk Joint Stock Co (Vinamilk-coded VNM) recently announced that November 26 would be the ex-interest date and November 28 would be the registration deadline for the company to close the list of shareholder to pay 19% dividend in cash for the second phase of 2008 (shareholder holding one share will receive 1,900 dong).
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) on November 7 announced receiving application from the Vietnam Transport and Chartering Joint Stock Co (Vitranschart) to list 40 million ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par on the southern bourse under the consultancy of Ban Viet Securities Co.
* Hanoi Securities Trading Centre (HaSTC) recently announced that on November 14 it would hold a tender for 500 billion dong of G-bonds issued by the Vietnam Development Bank (VDB) for the first tranche of November 2008.
* Vinaconex Joint Stock Co (coded VC6) recently announced that it finished purchasing 60,800 its shares to make fund shares from August 4 to October 31, bringing the company’s total current fund shares to 200,000 units.
* Hanoi Securities Trading Centre (HaSTC) recently agreed to the proposal of Post and Telecommunication Investment and Construction Joint Stock Co (coded PTC) to officially abolish listing shares on the northern bourse from November 20 and move to list on Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC).
* Extra 22,903,096 REE coded shares of Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Joint Stock Co will be traded on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange from November 14, bringing the total of REE”s listed shares to nearly 81 million.
* Quanh Ninh School Equipments and Books Joint Stock Co recently released its Q3 fiscal report with 17.113 billion dong in net revenue and 1.282 billion dong in after tax profit, bringing the total figures during the first nine-months of the year to 37.083 billion dong and 2.596 billion dong, respectively with the EPS of 2,237 dong.
* Vietnam National Shipping Lines has cooperated with State Capital Investment Corp and Lilama Corp in building a port in Khanh Hoa Province and another in Hai Phong City. The three sides also joined hands to build a factory producing container covers.
* HCM City infrastructure Investment Joint Stock Co has submitted to the city government a build-operate-transfer (BOT) project to upgrade the old Binh Trieu Bridge. Work on the project is expected to begin next month.
* TNG Investment and Trading Joint Stock Co has plans to build Phu Binh garment factory in Kha Son Industrial Park in the northern province of Thai Nguyen. The 100 billion dong factory will produce garments for customers in the US, the EU and Japan.
* Vietnam Urban and Industrial Zones Development Investment Corp last week signed a credit contract worth nearly US$50 million with the French bank BNP Paribas to import equipment for Dak Mi 4 hydropower station. The project is financed by many local banks at nearly 2.3 trillion dong.
* Bach Dang Construction Corp, a unit of the Ministry of Construction, has been expelled from the Nhieu Loc-Thi Nghe canal basin environment rehabilitation project in HCM City. The company has been slow in finishing packages 12A and 13A as well as has been committing other violations.
* A seminar held recently in Hanoi by Vietnam Railway Department under the Ministry of Transportation in collaboration with a joint venture between the Vietnam’s Transport Investment and Construction Consultant Joint Stock Co (TRICC) and Korea-based Dongrim-Hyewonkaci passed a project to build Hanoi’s urban railway No 5 linking West Lake south-Ngoc Khanh –Lang-Hoa Lac with a total investment of US$1.2 billion.
* Thien Su Vietnam Ltd Co (TIENS), 100% invested by China-based TIENS Thien Tan Group, on November 9 started work on building TIENS factory with a total investment capital of US$1.5 million on area of 30,000 square metres in Dai An Industrial Zone in the northern province of Hai Duong.
* Quan Trieu Cement Joint Stock Co-VVMI under Vinacomin’s Viet Bac Mine Industry Co on November 9 started construction of Quan Trieu cement plant with an estimated capacity of 2,000 tonnes of clinker a day (818,400 tonnes of cement a year) and a total investment of 1.322 trillion dong, in An Khanh Commune, Dai Tu District in the northern province of Thai Nguyen.
* On November 10, State Bank of Vietnam’s deputy governor Nguyen Toan Thang and Prof Ian Chubb—chair and master of Australia National University (ANU) signed a Memorandum of Understanding on banking training and research programme in Hanoi.
* The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV), the World Bank (WB) in Vietnam and the Ministry of Transportation of Vietnam on November 10 officially signed a credit contract worth US$170 million in Hanoi for the project to develop transportation in the Northern Delta of Vietnam
* Sacombank yesterday reduced the deposit rates by 3% a year whereby the deposit rate of the one-month term was down to 12.12% pa, two-months at 13.12% pa, three-months at 14.16% pa, down 0.96% pa against late last month, six-months at 13.14% pa, 12 months at 12.12% pa, and over 18 months carrying the rate of 9.96% pa.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HaSTC.