* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) on November 21 announced that it received documents from the State Securities Commission (SSC) allowing Can Tho Techno-Agricultural Supplying Joint Stock Co (coded TSC) to offer 7,887,085 ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par to the public under the consultancy of the Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank)’s Securities Ltd Co.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) recently announced that December 3 would be the ex-interest date and December 5 would be the registration deadline for Petrovietnam Drilling and Well Services Joint Stock Corp (PV Drilling-coded PVD) to advance 25% dividend in cash (shareholder holding one share will receive 2,500 dong). The payment date is on December 22
* Hanoi Securities Trading Centre (HaSTC) on November 24 approved An Giang Coffee Joint Stock Co (coded AGC) to list 8.3 million ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par on the northern bourse.
* December 4 would be the ex-interest date to receive 15% dividend in shares for the year 2007 of Hapaco Joint Stock Co (coded HAP) (shareholder holding 100 shares will receive 15 new shares). Hapaco with a chartered capital of 147.78 billion dong including 155,470 fund shares plans to issue 2,193,600 shares to pay dividend. These shares will be traded from December 25.
* PetroVietnam Finance Joint Stock Corp (coded PVF) registered to buy two million DPM shares and two million PVD coded shares from November 26, 2008 to January 24, 2009 in order to restructure its investment portfolio, reported Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC).
* Son Ha International Joint Stock Co recently announced that for the year 2008 it targets revenue of 1.5 trillion dong, exceeding 66.6% of this year’s plan of 900 billion dong.
* PetroVietnam Drilling and Well Services Joint Stock Corp (PV Drilling) recently reported impressive business results during the first ten months of the year with 2.947 trillion dong in net revenue, up 40% against the previous year and 833 billion dong in after tax profit, a year-on-year increase of 78%. In October alone, the company reached 316 billion dong in revenue and 81.5 billion dong in after tax profit.
* Beta Securities Joint Stock Co (BSI) on November 24 in conjunction with Nam A Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Nam A Bank) officially launched fixed time-limit repurchase service (repo) of unlisted shares to all demanders.
* Nam Long Investment Joint Stock Co, on November 21 in HCM City, officially organised an anniversary for completing 16 years and announced two foreign strategic shareholders namely Aseana Properties Limited (ASPL) managed by Malaysia-based Ireka Development Management Sdn Bhd and Nam Viet Co, a legal entity in international financial investment under the US-based Goldman Sachs Group.
* Saigon Co.op will put extra four supermarkets into operation within December 2008 in HCM City, Ben Tre and Dak Lak with total investment capital of 150 billion dong, bringing its network to 33 supermarkets, announced the deputy general director Tran Thi Kim Quyen.
* Vietnam Railway Corp will be developed into a diversified holding company according to a national railway development strategy until 2020 and probably 2050 which has been approved by the prime minister.
* TGC Container, a subsidiary of Vietnam Shipbuilding Industry Group (Vinashin), will export the first shipment of 250 40 High Cube containers as part of a contract signed with United Arab Shipping Co to supply 5,000 TEUs. Those containers have been approved by ZENITH Inspection Ltd
* Infrastructure Development and Construction Corp broke ground for the 1000-MW Mong Duong I Thermoelectric Plant last week. The 253 billion dong station will be ready after 18 months of construction.
* Khang Thong Construction-Trade-Service Joint Stock Co has received an investment certificate from the Nhon Hoi Economic Zone to build a duty-free zone and an industrial zone at a total cost of four trillion dong in the zone.
* The country’s leading power equipment manufacturer, has delivered 414 transformers to Cambodia Power Co This is part of a contract worth US$1 million signed between the two companies to supply transformers for developing an electricity grid in Cambodia’s rural areas.
* Tay Nguyen Coffee Export Import Joint Stock Co on November 24 announced that it in collaboration with the Vietnam Development Bank (VDB) officially signed a credit contract worth 800 billion dong to support for coffee export in the phase of 2008-2009.
* Saigon Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SCB)’s board of directors recently passed a plan to advance 6% dividend in cash for the first phase of 2008 (shareholder holding one share will receive 600 dong). The bank would close the shareholder list on November 25. The payment date is from December 10.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HaSTC.