* The southern bourse-listed Bourbon Tay Ninh Sugar and Sugarcane Joint Stock Co (coded SBT) announced that November 11 would be the ex-dividend session for purposes of advancing first round dividend for its existing shareholders and holding the extraordinary shareholders meeting.
* Vietnam Securities Depository Centre (VSD) has lately announced that Vinafreight International Freight Forwarders Joint Stock Co (coded VNF) would advance first round dividend in cash.
* The two northern bourse-listed companies of Vinaconex Trading and Manpower Joint Stock Co (coded VCM) and Construction Joint Stock Co No 9 (VC9) announced to close the shareholders list for paying first round dividend.
* Thai Hoa Vietnam Group Joint Stock Co (coded THV) announced to issue about 2.75 million shares for paying dividend to the existing shareholders on October 18, 2011.
* Bien Hoa Sugar Joint Stock Co (coded BHS) announced to close the shareholders list for advancing first round dividend and allocating bonus shares. The registration deadline would be November 11, 2011.
* Thanh Ha Production and Export-Import Joint Stock Co will officially list shares onUPCoM for the first time on November 10, 2011 under the share code of HFX.
* PetroVietnam Urban Development Joint Stock Co (PVC Mekong) announced to issue additional 40 million shares so as to hike chartered capital from 100 billion dong to 500 billion dong.
* The management board of Hau Giang Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (DHG) announced to advance first round dividend in 2011 and seek approval among shareholders in documents.
* Binh Trieu Bridge & Road Investment and Construction Joint Stock Co. has bought over 771,000 shares of HCM City Infrastructure Investment Co (CII) to spur its holding from 8.2 percent to 9.2 percent.
* Orient Securities Co. has closed a branch in Can Tho City while Thang Long Securities Co. has closed Lang Ha transaction office in Hanoi.
* Orchid Fund Private Limited has registered to buy over 6.3 million shares of FPT Corporation (FPT) to raise its ownership from 6.9 percent to 9.9 percent.
* Vietnam Bank for Social Policies will offer three and five-year government bonds with the combined value of 1 trillion dong via an auction on the Hanoi Stock Exchange on November 4.
* Vinacomin-Machinery Joint Stock Company has withdrawn listing application from the northern bourse.
* PetroVietnam Hanoi Construction Joint Stock Co (PVC-HN) has lately announced to reach accumulative net revenue of 547.4 billion dong in the first nine months of 2011, a year-on-year increase of 66.89 percent. The company’s Jan-Sep pre-tax profit was posted at 21.4 billion dong, after tax profit of 16 billion dong, up 19.4 percent against the same period last year.
* Southern bourse-listed PetroVietnam general Services Joint Stock Corp (PET) has recently announced its consolidated fiscal report for Q3 with after tax profit of 74.6 billion dong, lifting the total figure in Jan-Sep to 239.8 billion dong, exceeding 45 percent of the year’s target.
* PetroVietnam Finance Joint Stock Corp (PVF) has recently announced its consolidated fiscal report for Q3 with a loss of over 26 billion dong from net interest income while in last Q3 it gained over 118 billion dong from this sector.
* In Q3, Binh Duong Trade and Development Joint Stock Co (TDC) reported gaining revenue from merchandises and services at 288 billion dong, lifting the cumulative figure in Jan-Sep to nearly 1.05 trillion dong.
* Nguyen Quoc Dinh, vice general director of Imexpharm Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded IMP) announced that in 2011, the company expected to reach whole year pre-tax profit of 105 billion dong, surpassing the targeted year plan by 5 percent.
* The southern bourse-listed Investment Commerce Fisheries Joint Stock Co (coded ICF) has released the Q3 financial reports with net revenue of 77.44 billion dong, after tax profit of 61 million dong, declining by 9.65 percent and 98.8 percent respectively against the same period last year.
* In the first nine months of this year, Vietnam Dairy Products Joint Stock Co (Vinamilk-VNM) exported its products to foreign countries and fetched over 1.832 trillion dong revenue, up over 530 billion dong from the same period last year and its profit was over 374 billion dong.
* HCM City-based Lotus Rice Co has signed contracts to export 1,000 tonnes 01 fragrant rice to Singapore and Hong Kong monthly at a price of $710 per tonne. After the rice festival held in Soc Trang Province last month, the firm has also signed MOUs with partners from Senegal and Ivory Coast to export rice to these countries.
* Japan’s Hitachi Ltd is planning to find new partners in Vietnam and is aiming to expand its operation. Accordingly, Hitachi will meet local telecom firms on November 10 to seek cooperation opportunities.
* South Korea-based IGS Capital has been given approval to invest in the northern province of Bac Ninh. Accordingly, IGS Capital will build facilities for its operation in an area of 200 hectares in Yen Phong II Industrial Park.
* The Laos-Vietnam Insurance Joint Venture Co has signed a contract to provide insurance programmes for two Airbus A320 planes of Lao Airlines with a total payout value of $850 million.
* Huong Canh Co has been given the go-ahead from the Hanoi City authority to develop a project of growing, processing and consuming clean vegetables in Gia Lam District.
* Louis Vuitton Vietnam has won a lawsuit against L.T.H, a shopkeeper selling fake Louis Vuitton products at Saigon Square shopping centre in District 1, following a court ruling in HCM City last week. The defendant of the suit has been required to completely stop violations against Louis Vuitton brand name, publicly apologise the firm and pay a compensation of 68 million dong for damages.
* Dien Quang Company (DQC) has revised down this year’s revenue target from 699 billion dong to 500 billion dong. Meanwhile, it still maintains targets of pre-tax profit at 55.5 billion dong and dividend payment at 15 percent as earlier projected.
* Pomina Steel Co (POM) obtained over 8.9 trillion dong in revenue as of the end of September, a 12.9 percent year-on-year increase.
* Dai A (Great Asia) Commercial Joint Stock Bank (DaiABank) has recently said that it will spare 85 billion dong to lend at 13.68 percent per year and borrowers can access bank loan at all transaction sites of the bank nationwide.
* A.M. Best Co, a prestigious credit rating organisation recently released the financial strength ratings for PetroVietnam Insurance Corp (PVI) on November 1, 2011 after the insurance firm restructured its organisation.
* Petrolimex Group Commerical Joint Stock Bank (PGBank) has lately released the business results for the first nine months of 2011 with accumulative pre-tax profit of 461 billion dong, equivalent to 206 percent against the same period last year.
* The northern bourse-listed Saigon-Hanoi Commercial Joint Stock Bank (coded SHB) has lately released the financial reports with pre-tax profit of 707 billion dong, fulfilling 67.4 percent of the targeted year plan.
* Military Commercial Bank (MBB) began trading 730 million shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange yesterday. The lender obtained over 1.7 trillion in pre-tax profit in the January-September period, or 61 percent of this year’s target.
* The central bank has appointed Vietnam Bank for Industry and Trade as the service bank for Phuoc Hoa irrigation project financed by the Asian Development Bank.