* The Securities Depository Centre recently announced that November 3 would be the registration deadline for STC-listed Binh Dinh Mineral Joint Stock Co (coded BMC) to close the shareholders’ list to pay 10% dividend in cash for the second phase of 2008 (shareholder holding one shares will receive 1,000 dong). As planned, the payment date is scheduled on November 18.
* PetroVietnam Finance Corp reported selling off 217,570 DPM coded shares of Phu My Nitrogenous Fertiliser Joint Stock Corp from August 20 of October 18, 2008, reducing PVFC’s holding in DPM down to 6,235,790 shares.
* Vinaconex 6 Joint Stock Co 9coded VC6) reported earning 80.21 billion dong in revenue and 2.936 billion dong in after-tax profit in Q3 of 2008, bringing the figures of Jan-Sep to 237.457 billion dong and 7.43 billion dong.
* Viglacera Dong Anh Joint Stock Co (HASTC listed DAC) reached 10.6 billion dong revenue and 2.3 billion dong in after-tax profit in the third quarter of 2008. Thus, the company’s revenue was raised to 29.84 billion dong, after-tax profit at 5.712 billion dong and EPS of 7,617 dong in Jan-Sep.
* During the third quarter of 2008, Vietnam-Italy Steel Joint Stock Co earned 46 billion dong in after-tax profit, 351.5 billion dong in revenue, which were lifted to nearly 1.457 trillion dong and 182 billion dong in the first nine months.
* HaSTC-listed Song Da Trade and Industry Joint Stock Co (coded STP) reported nearly 29 billion dong in revenue from sales and services and 4.39 billion dong in after tax profit in Q3, bringing the total figures during the first nine months of the year to 87.26 billion dong and 7.909 billion dong, respectively with the EPS of 2,192 dong.
* HaSTC-listed Bao Viet Securities Joint Stock Co (coded BVS) recently released its Q3 business results with 60.652 billion dong in total revenue and 23.876 billion dong in after tax profit. Therefore, the total figures during the first nine months of the year were 158.121 billion dong in revenue, a loss of 300.242 billion dong and the EPS of -6,672 dong.
* prime minister Nguyen Tan Dung has approved to grant the business license to Mekong Aviation Joint Stock Co with the chartered capital of 200 billion dong. Thanks to this, Mekong Aviation is the third licensed private carrier in Vietnam, along with Vietjet Airlines and Indochina Airlines.
* HaSTC-listed Trade and Transport Service Joint Stock Co (coded TJC) recently announced the Q3′s fiscal report with 52.656 billion dong in net revenue from sales and service provision and 5.68 billion dong in after tax profit, bringing the total figures during the first nine months of the year to 144.042 billion dong and 12.065 billion dong respectively and EPS of 4,022 dong.
* Song Da 6.04 Joint Stock Co (coded S64) has reported the business result in Q3 with 24.15 billion dong in net revenue from sales and service provision and nearly 1.4 billion dong in pre tax profit, bringing the total figures in Jan-Sep to 46.81 billion dong and 3.508 billion dong respectively.
* Vinashin Petroleum Investment and Transportation Joint Stock Co (coded VSP) -a subsidiary of Vietnam Shipbuilding Industry Group, has released the financial report in Q3 with 447.398 billion dong in net revenue, up 153.76% from last year and 149.245 billion dong in after tax profit, bringing the total figures in Jan-Sep to nearly 1.139 trillion dong and 353.005 billion dong respectively and EPS of 25,580 dong.
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) on October 22 issued a Decision No 40/UBCK-GP granting establishment and operation license to Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Techcombank)’s Fund Management Co, Ltd (Techcom Capital).
* PetroVietnam Fertiliser and Chemicals Co will lower the retail price of its Phu My fertiliser from 9,200 dong to 8,000 dong a kilo until October 30.The company has supplied about one million tonnes of fertiliser in 2008.
Hanoi-based Sao Kim Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co is the first pharmaceutical company in Vietnam to receive the World Health Organisation’s Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certificate in recognition of its pharmaceutical materials management.
* The U.S-based standards and product safety testing organisation, Underwriters Laboratories (UL), signed a memorandum with The Quality Assurance and Testing Centre 3 on October 20. Under the memorandum, the two parties will recognise each other’s test results or evaluations, thus avoiding double testing, as a basis for providing certification required by a manufacturer.
* Civil Engineering Construction Corp No.6, the contractor of Rach La and Loi Giang bridges on Can Gio District’s Rung Sac Route, has been asked by the city’s Department of Transport to accelerate work on the two bridges for completion by the end of this month as pledged.
* Da Lat City-based Pho Nui Co has inaugurated Pho Nui Travel Agency with the official website at www.phonuidalat.com offering both domestic and international tours.The company will hold a free Halloween festival for visitors and locals in Da Lat on October 31.
* The build-operate-transfer Phu My Bridge Joint Stock Co has been approved by Phu Yen Province’s Department of Transport to build a tunnel through Ca Pass linking the central provinces of Phu Yen and Khanh Hoa. The eleven-kilometre passage worth over 8.8 trillion dong will include a 5.5-kilometre tunnel through Ca Hill.
* From October 21, Lien Viet Commercial Joint Stock Bank (LienvietBank) officially lowered the lending rate to 17% per year applied to customers specialising in agriculture field and exporters. In addition, the bank also reduced the deposit rate from October 22.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HaSTC.