* The State Securities Commission (SSC) recently approved Dinh Vu Steel Joint Stock Co to offer 112,705,484 ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par to the existing shareholders to hike chartered capital.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) recently announced that 500 million shares of PetroVietnam Finance Corp (PVFC) with the code PVF will be officially traded on the stock market from November 3 with the initial price of 30,000 dong per share. However, at a talk between PVFC and investors held in HCM City on October 29, PVFC’s representative said that though PVFC will list 500 million shares the real volume of shares to be traded will be only 12%, equalling to 60 million shares.
* STC-listed Vietnam-Italy Steel Joint Stock Co (coded VIS) recently reported Q3 business results with 352.210 billion dong in net revenue from sales and services, and 43.29 billion dong in after tax profit, bringing the total figures for the first nine months of the year to over 1.451 trillion dong and 82.435 billion dong, respectively.
* November 11 would be the registration deadline for FPT Technology Investment and Development Joint Stock Co (coded FPT) to close the shareholder list to offer 47,080,308 bonus shares to the existing shareholders at the ratio of 2:1 (shareholder holding two shares will receive one bonus share), according to Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC).
* November 26 would be the registration deadline for HaSTC-listed Hai Ha Confectionery Joint Stock Co (coded HHC) to close the shareholder list to pay 12% dividend in cash (shareholder holding one share will receive 1,200 dong), according to the Securities Depository Centre.
* The Securities Depository Centre recently announced that November 20 would be the registration deadline for My Chau Packaging and Printing Joint Stock Co (coded MCP) to close the shareholder list and to pay 10% dividend in cash for the first phase of 2008 (shareholder holding one share will receive 1,000 dong).
* Hanoi Securities Trading Centre (HaSTC) recently announced that 194,240 extra ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par worth over 1.94 billion dong of Quang Nam Mineral Industry Joint Stock Co (coded MIC) will be officially traded on the northern bourse from November 7.
* On October 30, Quang Ngai Peoples’ Committee approved Dakdrinh 2 hydropower project, a project of the Central Hydropower Joint Stock Co (CHP). According to the survey, the hydropower project will be constructed on Dakdrinh River, Son Bao commune, Son Ha Dist. The 380 billion dong project will be of 12 MW capacity and the three plant units will generate 61.2 million kWh annually.
* HCM City Power Co has opened the 1l0-kV Da Kao transformer station. The station will transform electricity supplied by 220-kV Tao Dan station to provide more power to HCM City’s Districts 1, 3 and Binh Thanh.
* Nguyen Alliance Commercial Real Estate Co (NAC) has won the prize for a real estate trading portal at www.VietLease.com in the second US$20 million challenge contest organised by Mekong Investment. NAC provides full services in the commercial real estate sector, including brokerage and transaction management, asset management and value-added advisory and commercial mortgage brokering for real estate projects.
* Saigon Petrolimex Gas supplier has lowered the retail price of cooking gas by 13,000 dong and 14,000 dong per 12-kilogram and 13-kilogram container respectively. Elf Gas prices remain unchanged though the international gas price has fallen below US$500 per tonne.
* Prudential Vietnam has been approved by the State Bank of Vietnam to open its Hanoi branch at Vrnaplast Tai Tam Building at 39A, Ngo Quyen Street, Hoan Kiem District.
* Phuc Lam Medical Joint Stock Co and Spain’s Constructor Sanjose’ Group will build an international polyclinic with 500 beds and 28 medical wards at a total cost of US$80 million. The first stage of the 140,000-square-metre project in Van Giang District of Hung Yen Province will start by 2009.
* CMC InfoSec, a member of HCM City’s CMC Corp, has introduced two antivirus versions, the CMC internet Security for enterprises, priced at 200,000 dong per copy, and the CMC Antivirus for individual users that can be downloaded free at wwwcmcinfosec.com.
* The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) governor yesterday, October 30, issued Dispatch No 9699/NHNN-QLNH for guiding the operation of foreign exchange agents. The Dispatch aims to carry out regulations on foreign exchange agents in a Decision No 21/2008/QD-NHNN dated on July 11, 2008 by SBV’s governor.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HaSTC.