* Phuc Hung Holdings Construction Joint Stock Co (Phuc Hung Holdings-coded PHC), formerly Phuchung Investment Construction and Import-Export Joint Stock Company (Phuc Hung Constrexim), has recently announced that its majority shareholder namely Saigon-Hanoi Securities Joint Stock Co (SHS) has registered to buy 500,000 PHC-coded shares to restructure SHS’s investment portfolio.
* The southern bourse-listed Tan Cang Logistics & Stevedoring Joint Stock Co (coded TCL) has announced to gain about 35.6 billion dong from issuing additional shares.
* The Ba Ria-Vung Tau province-based Phu My Water Supplying Joint Stock Co (Phu My Wasuco) announced to advance first round dividend in share for the current shareholders and to allocate bonus shares at the rate of 36 percent.
* Nam Viet Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Navibank – coded NVB) has recently released the resolution approved in the shareholders meeting about registering for listing additional 44.9 million shares on the stock market.
* Hochiminh Stock Exchange (STC) has announced about the registration deadline to close the shareholders list for paying 2010 dividend – the second round in cash of Hoa Binh Construction and Real Estate Trading Joint Stock Co (coded HBC).
* Ntaco Joint Stock Co (coded ATA) released the resolution of the extraordinary shareholders meeting in 2011, in which the dividend rate in cash was lowered from 25 percent to 5 percent.
* The northern bourse-listed Bien Hoa Package Joint Stock Co (coded SVI) has lately submitted application profile for issuing additional 2,047,500 shares for allocating to existing shareholders under ratio of 35 percent.
* Can Don Hydropower Co (SJD) has announced October 17 as the ex-dividend date to pay 2010 dividend in cash for shareholders at 15 percent.
* PetroVietnam general Services Corporation (PET) has bought back over 507,000 PET shares as treasury shares.
* ACB Securities Co. has closed four transaction offices in HCM City.
* Vietnam Azalea Fund Limited has acquired over 835,000 shares of Investment and Trading of Real Estate Co (ITC) to raise its ownership from 15.3 percent to 16.6 percent.
* Viet Thang Feed Co. (VTF) has announced October 19 as the ex-dividend date to advance 2011 first round dividend in cash for shareholders at 15 percent.
* Beta Securities Co will offload nearly 2.3 million shares of Vinacafe Bien Hoa Co (VCF) from October 7 -11.
* Lam Thao Fertilisers and Chemicals Joint Stock Co has applied to trade around 54 million shares on the Hanoi Stock Exchange while Vietnam Investment Construction and Trading Joint Stock Corporation is seeking approval to float 26.3 million shares on the bourse. Meanwhile, FBA International Group Joint Stock Company has withdrawn its listing application from the exchange to make some revisions.
* The State Treasury offered three and five-year government bonds with a total value of 2 trillion dong via an auction on the northern exchange on October 6.
* Vinaconex Advanced Compound Joint Stock Co (coded VCS) has recently collected shareholders’ opinions for adjusting the 2011 year plan.
* Hau Giang Pharmaceutical Joint Stock Co (coded DHG) has been selected as one of the 10 Vietnamese enterprises to be included in the Top 200 Best Medium and Small Enterprises in Asia by Forbes, a famous business magazine.
* Da Nang City People’s Committee has approved general plan for building the Da Nang Diamond Tower, a trade centre and high-class apartment project coming up at No 58 Bach Dang St, Da Nang city.
* The management board of Dat Xanh Construction and Services Joint Stock Co (STC-listed DXG) has recently approved for making investment and contributing capital in new member company.
* In the first nine months, the northern bourse-listed Art Design and Communication Joint Stock Co (coded ADC) reported gaining profit of 2.7 billion dong, fulfilling 90 percent of the year plan.
* Phuoc Hoa Rubber Joint Stock Co (coded PHR) released the business results in the first nine months of this year with total profit of 632 billion dong, fulfilling 102.6 percent of the targeted year plan.
* The STC-listed Binh Chanh Investment and Construction Joint Stock Co (coded BCI) announced to spend 308.9 billion dong raised from the previous share issuance.
* Dong Phu Rubber Joint Stock Co (DPR) has recently announced the business results in the first nine months of this year with total output value of over 1.3 trillion dong, exceeding 1 percent of the year’s plan.
* Vu Cong Hung, general director of Licogi 16 Joint Stock Co (STC-listed LCG) announced to fulfill 60-70 percent of the year plan.
* Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) has signed a deal with Shell of the Netherlands to cooperate in surveying oil fields at Malay- Tho Chu Basin off the south-western coast. Besides, Shell will give technical training to PetroVietnam employees.
* South Korea-based Suntech Co, in cooperation with Science and Technique Centre, has launched Qponbox touch-screen equipment which provides advertising information for users. Qponbox also offers air ticket bookings and mobile phone payment services.
* Vietnam Housing and Urban Development Group on Sunday started work on a 350 billion dong urban area in Ha Tinh Province. The project will provide accommodation for 2,200 residents.
* Motorrock Co Ltd has opened a branch in Ben Tre Province, providing maintenance services for sports bikes. The firm is planning to open five more branches in other provinces towards the end of the year.
* Quang Ngai Agricultural Products and Foodstuff Co on Sunday kicked off the construction of a new three-floor market in Quang Ngai Province’s Quang Ngai City. The 100 billion dong project is due for completion in January 2013.
* Techno-Agricultural Supplying Co (TSC) inaugurated a subsidiary, TSC Agriculture Chemistry Joint Stock Co, in Long An Province on October 6.
* Cuu Long Fish Co (ACL) has decided to dissolve its affiliate An Giang Cuu Long Seafood Import and Export Joint Stock Company.
* The State Bank of Vietnam (SBV)’s governor on October 5 issued a decision approving Southern Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Southern Bank) to increase its chartered capital to over 3.212 trillion dong.
* Pham Huy Hung, chair of Vietnam Commercial Joint Stock Bank of Industry and Trade (VietinBank-CTG)’s director board, confirmed that his bank has the lowest bad debt ratio in Vietnam’s banking system.
* Hong Leong Vietnam Bank has gained approval to open a branch in Binh Duong Province.