* Hanoi Stock Exchange reported that Sam Cuong Material Electric and Telecom Corporation (SMT) today listed 2.5 million shares on the northern bourse.
* The Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX) announced officially the first listing and trading date of 2.5 million shares issued by Sam Cuong Material Electric and Telecom Corporation on July 30 at preference price of 10,000 dong per share.
* The Hochiminh Stock Exchange agreed first listing and trading date of Quoc Cuong-Gia Lai JSC (coded QCG) with over 60 million shares at the reference price of 42,500 dong per share (+-20%) on August 9.
* Bac Kan Mineral Corp (BKC) has announced August 9 as the ex- dividend date to pay 2009 dividend in cash for shareholders at 8%.
* T&T Group Co has offloaded 2.5 million shares of Transport Engineering Construction & Business In- vestment Co 584 (NTB) to decrease its ownership from 11.1 % to 4.1 %.
* PetroVietnam Finance Corp. has registered to sell over 2.2 million shares of Vietnam Golf Tourism Co
(VNG) within two months starting July 29 via matching or put-through.
* Quoc Cuong Gia Lai Co (QCG) has got permission to trade over 60 million shares on the Hochiminh Stock Exchange.
* Dong Nai Civil Industrial Construction Co No.1 has sought approval to trade around 1.5 million shares on the northern bourse.
* Hanoi Stock Exchange also announced that Phat Dat Real Estate Development JSC (PDR) today put 130.2 million PDR shares in transactions on its northern floor.
* Petrovietnam Construction Joint Stock Corp (PVX) reported that in first 6 months of the year, it reached consolidated revenue of 3.82 trillion dong and pretax profit of 577 billion dong, up 824% over the same period in 2009, and net profit of 442 billion dong, up 685% over the same period.
* Asia Commercial Bank (ACB) reported earning Jan-Jun net profit of over 1.255 trillion dong, up 33.32% over the same period in 2009. In Q2 alone, the HNX-listed bank reached 849.72 billion dong, up 41.18%.
* Nam Long Investment JSC (NLG) announced Mekong Capital managed-Vietnam Azela Fund (VAF) has become the third strategic shareholder of the company (after ASPL, a Malaysian fund and Nam Viet) with total $9.1 million on July 29.
* Ha Nam Import Export Mineral JSC (coded MIH) announced Q2 and H1 business result with 7.14 billion dong of after tax profit in the second quarter against 3.7 billion dong in the same period of last year, raising 92.66% year-on-year, and up 48.54% quarter-on-quarter.
* Hoa Phat Group JSC (HPG) recoded 5.959 trillion dong of revenue and earned 631 billion dong of after tax profit in first six months, meeting nearly 50% of the year plan, reported Hoa Phat.
* Hoa Phat Group JSC (HPG) in Q2 2010 achieved 3.402 trillion dong of revenue, 33% on Q1 2010 and 348 billion dong of after-tax profit 23% on Q1 2010. In Jan-Jun period, HPG gained 5.959 trillion dong of revenue and earned 631 billion dong of after-tax profit, reaching nearly 50% of the yearly plan. In the second quarter this year, HPG held number third in holding market share of steel construction.
* Song Da Urban Development JSC (Sudico) announced its consolidated financial reports in the second quarter and six months in 2010 with after-tax profit reaching 215.3 billion dong and 253.72 billion dong respectively.
* PetroVietnam General Services JSC (PET) earned 11.79 billion dong of net profit in the first 6 months of this year.
* Petrovietnam Fertilizer and Chemical JSC (coded DPM) announced gaining 1.018 trillion dong of pre-tax profit, meeting over one percent against year plan.
* Construction JSC No.15 (V15) reached 18.24 billion dong net profit in Jan-Jun, up 742% over the same period last year and completing 70.6% of its profit plan for 2010.
* Lu Gia Electrical Engineering JSC (LCG) reported that in the second quarter this year it reached 10.68 billion dong after-tax profit, up 27% over the same period in 2009, bringing the Jan-Jun profit to 21 billion dong, up 128% year-on-year.
* BBC – Bibica JSC (BBC) announced business results with a loss of 2.8 billion in the second quarter, pulling the Jan-Jun after tax profit to 5.35 billion dong, down 25.7% year-on-year and completing 12.5% of its 2010 plan.
* PetroVietnam Southern Gas JSC (coded PSG) announced Q2 business result of only parent company with sales and service supplying revenue of 847.2 billion dong, up 140 percent year-on-year, pre-tax profit of 17.3 billion dong, increasing 96.03 percent year-on-year, after tax profit of 15.965 billion dong, up 124.54 percent against the same period of last year.
* TMT Automotive JSC (TMT) reported in the first 6 months it reached the consolidated after tax profit of more than 29.27 billion dong, achieving 24.4% of the annual plan.
*Kinh Do Northern Food Processing JSC (NKD) earned 12.49 billion dong of pretax profit in first half this year, completing more than 10% of its 2010 plan of 120 billion dong.
* The country’s export turnover in Jan-July was estimated at $38.27 billion, an increase of 17.5 percent against the same period of last year, in which the July export turnover only reached $5.8 billion dong, up 20.7 percent year-on-year.
* Vietnam Securities Investment Fund (VFMVFl) has announced its net asset value (NAV) per unit by July 22 was 24,054 dong, decreasing by 304 dong from the previous week. Prudential Balanced Fund (PRUBFl) has announced its NAV per unit by July 22 was 8,713 dong, decreasing by 104 dong against the week earlier. Vietnam Blue-Chips Fund (VFM- VF4) has announced its NAV per unit by July 22 was 10,505 dong, decreasing by 218 dong against the previous week.
* Trang An Securities Co (TAS) expects to reach over 10 billion dong in after-tax profit in the half of 2010. The broker will increase its chartered capital to 300 billion dong this year.
* Vietnam Dairy Products Co (VNM) obtained 7.2 trillion dong in revenue and two trillion dong in pre- tax profit in the first half of this year, or 50% and 65.4% of the 2010 targets respectively.
* Minh Phu Seafood JSC (coded MPC) reported to gain 130.69 billion dong in first six months of this year, decreasing 13.5 percent year-on-year.
* Construction and Materials Trading JSC (coded CNT) announced business results with a sharp increase of 10.11 billion dong of after tax profit in Q2 and 13.94 billion dong of after tax profit in first six months.
* Binh Duong Trade and Development Joint Stock Company (coded TDC) earned 42.27 billion dong of net profit in first six months, increasing over 87 percent year-on-year.
* Hochiminh City Infrastructure Investment JSC – CII announced Q2 and H1 financial report of parent company CII. The parent company gained 83.2 billion dong of revenue, drop of seven percent year-on-year; however, the firm earned 350.8 billion dong of net profit from business operation, up 184.97 percent against the same period of last year.
* Asia Commercial Bank (ACB) reported that it earned net profit of over 1.255 trillion dong in H1, up 33 percent year-on-year, according to Hanoi Stock Exchange (HNX)’s report on its website.
* Ca Mountain Pass Investment JSC has suggested Phu Yen and Khanh Hoa provincial authorities speed up preparation for the Ca Mountain Pass tunnel project to start in October.The investor has set aside $500 million for the 5.7 krn project on National Highway 1A.
* Hochiminh City-based Saigontourist Travel Service Co, this Sunday will discount $l 0 on all outbound tours purchased at any of its branches across the country. The promotion program celebrates the company’s 35th anniversary. Saigontourist next month will have more specials for local travelers who buy domestic tours and use accommodation services of father company Saigontourist Holding Company.
* Starwood Hotels & Resorts has launched its “Better Tomorrows” campaign for guests to book stays of two or more nights to get 50% off the second night or more at over 30 hotels and resorts managed by the group in Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam and Indonesia. Guests can book rooms via www.starwaadpramas.camlbettertamarrawssea until October 25 for stays from August 15 till October 31.
* Hanoi Trade Corporation, or Hapro, has broken ground for a commercial center and general service complex in Hanoi’s Ba Dinh District. The 98 billion dong nine-storey project will cover over 1,600 square meters.
* European Plastic Window Joint Stock Co. (Eurowindow) has signed a 30 billion dong contract to supply windows and doors for 139 villas at the Sunshine Hill Villas project in Phan Thiet City.
* The Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group, or PetroVietnam, has reached agreement with BP and Azerbaijan’s SOCAR for crude oil supply for the Dung Quat Refinery. Under the deal, SOCAR will provide 65,000 cubic meters of crude oil to Dung Quat from mid-August and BP will supply another 65,000 cubic meters in late August.
* Saigon-Hanoi Joint Stock Bank, listed on Hanoi Stock Exchange reported that in Q2 of 2010, it reached 120.93 billion dong of net profit, decreasing 6.45 percent compared with 129.26 billion dong in the second quarter of 2009.
* Viet A Commercial Bank has opened new branches in Quang Ngai and Binh Dinh provinces, taking to 67 the total number of its banking units in Vietnam.
* Southeast Asia Commercial Bank has inaugurated a new transaction office in Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province.
* Dai A Commercial Bank has got approval from the central bank to increase its chartered capital to 3.1 trillion dong.