Carnarvon said the decline in production was due to decreased production from the WBExt-1C well, as well as the shut-in of wells reaching the end of test periods.
It said the WBExt-1C well was producing stable oil at 3400 bpd with no water cut until Wednesday when water breakthrough resulted in a decline to 2300 bpd.
The L33-2 well was also producing about 2500 bpd before it was shut-in in anticipation of sidetracking to test the WBV-1 volcanic in the L33 concession. It added the sidetrack was expected to commence within the next few days.
However, Carnarvon said it expected near term production to increase from the testing of recently completed wells and from the completion of a number of exploration wells.
Carnarvon holds a 40% stake in the L33 concession, with Canada’s Pan Orient holding the remaining 60% interest.