There was an old lady who swallowed a fly… Then there was this young woman with a spider inside her.
The urban legend of being infested with spiders came horribly true for a woman admitted to China’s Changsha Central Hospital.
She had woken five days earlier after a hard round of home renovations with an itchy ear.
She didn’t know why.
The itch got worse. Much worse.
Eventually, she took herself to hospital to find out the cause.
She was diagnosed as having a case of arachnid – that wiggled and wiggled and tickled inside her.
Luckily, Dr Lie Sheng told local media, she had avoided making things worse by giving into the temptation of scratching her itch.
But the multi-eyed critter posed a brain-teaser for doctors.
How do you get it out without accidentally forcing it to back even further into her body, or worse – bite her.
Perhaps she’ll die.
The eight-legged hitchhiker was eventually evicted after a saline solution flooded her ear canal.
When given the good news, the patient burst into tears of gratitude, the doctor said.