* Thu Duc Housing Development Joint Stock Co (TDH) announced it would pay the 10% dividend in shares for the second phase of 2007 and advance a dividend in cash for the first phase of 2008 on October 13. The ex-interest date is September 4. The registration deadline is September 8.
* Additionally issued 2,808,116 BMP coded shares of Binh Minh Plastic Joint Stock Co will be officially traded on Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange on August 28, 2008.
* Hoa An (STC listed DHA) purchased 58,600 fund shares against the previously registered 100,000 shares. The current number of fund shares of DHA is 58,733.
* HCM City Stock Exchange will organise an auction for 1,072,003 shares of Pymepharco JSC with the initial price of 45,000 dong per share. The company has a chartered capital of 85 billion dong.
* Saigon Tay Bac Urban Area Development JSC reported its chartered capital has been risen to 300 billion dong and changed its share par value at 10,000 dong per share.
* Tan Binh Production, Trading, Service Import Export and Investment JSC (Tanimex) will pay a 8% dividend for the first phase of 2008. The list of shareholders, which was closed on August 23, will be used for the payment.
* Nam Long Investment JSC will increase the chartered capital from the current 200 billion dong to 271.666 billion dong.
* 1.55 million shares of Irrigation Construction Corp No 4 will be auctioned via the STC on September 19 with the starting price of 10,500 dong per share. The company has a chartered capital of 100 billion dong.
* Foreign investor Wareham Group Ltd sold out 880,000 SAM coded shares of Cable and Telecom Materials Joint Stock Co from July 15 to August 19, reducing its holding in the local firm from 10.51% down to 9.17% or 5,996,542 shares.
* Listed firm Rang Dong Light Source & Vacuum Flask Joint Stock Co reported its investor Vietnam Securities Investment Fund (VF1) sold out 121,520 RAL coded shares on August 12, 2008. Now VF1 holds 948,349 shares equalling to 8.24% stake in the lamp maker against the previous 1,069,869 shares or 9.6% before the transaction.
* Hanoi Securities Trading Centre (HASTC) on August 22 approved Vinaconex Corp to list 149,985,150 VCG coded shares on the floor under the consultancy of Kim Long Securities Co.
* HCM City Infrastructure Investment Joint Stock Co (coded CII) targets to gain nearly 123 billion dong of pre-tax profit in the third quarter of this year, fulfilling 76.69% of the year’s plan. Its revenue in the third quarter is expected to be over 96 billion dong, bringing the figure of Jan-Sep to 229 billion dong.
* Bac Ninh provincial People’s Committee recently approved the detailed project of Que Vo III industrial zone and service complex of Dabaco Vietnam Joint Stock Co Under it, the complex has total designed area of 598 hectares with total investment capital of 2.209 trillion dong, including 530-hectare industrial zone and 68 hectares of service and urban area complex.
* Listed firm Thien Nam Trading Import Export Joint Stock Co (coded TNA) released the business results of July 2008 with the revenue of 78.61 billion dong, 3.25 billion dong pre-tax profit, bringing the total figures of Jan-July to 550.09 billion dong and 12.6 billion dong.
* During the first seven months of 2008, Vegetable Port Joint Stock Co (coded VGP) posted the total revenue of 89.1204 billion dong, down 45% year-on-year, and 16.126 billion dong in pre-tax profit, increasing 63% against the previous year.
* Vinaconex Xuan Mai Concrete and Construction Joint Stock Co (coded XMC) was licensed to invest 647 billion dong in the CT2 housing, office and service complex building project in Ha Dong City. The estimated implementation duration is three-years, broken into two phases: from the first quarter to last quarter of 2009 and from last quarter of 2009 to fourth quarter of 2011.
* After eight months under construction, on August 22 Canon Vietnam Ltd Co officially inaugurated and started the laser beam printer manufacturing plant phase II, marking the largest facility of Canon in the world with the capacity of 14.4 million products a year.
* Templeton Asset Management Ltd, a fund management firm under Franklin Templeton recently opened an arm in HCM City whereby it will focus on developing studies on newly emerging markets as well promoting financial projects in Vietnam.
* Lao Airlines plans to launch new routes from the southern city of Savannakhet to Vietnam and Thailand in October this year, Laos news agency (KPL) reported.
* The Vietnam Chemicals Corp on August 22 launched a drive to speed up construction of the Hai Phong DAP Fertiliser Plant. Awards worth totalling one billion dong will be presented to those contractors that have successfully managed to fulfil their assigned work soon.
* Two conferences, Banking Vietnam and Security World 2008, will take place at the New World Hotel in HCM City from December 1st to 3rd, the organisers have announced. The ninth annual Banking Vietnam conference and exhibition will provide the banking sector an opportunity to gain access to latest information technology, said the organisers, which are the Department for Banking Information Technology of the State Bank of Vietnam and the International Data Group (IDG) Vietnam.
* Saigonbank targets to reach 272 billion dong in pre-tax profit in 2008 including the already gained 125 billion dong of the first six months.
* Vietnam’s Export Import Commercial Bank, 15% owned by Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc, said on Friday it has raised its capital base for the second time this year by issuing shares to its foreign investors. The HCM City-based unlisted Eximbank, Vietnam’s eighth-largest lender, has raised its registered capital by 14% to 4.25 trillion dong (US$258 million) by issuing 12.9 million new shares to four foreign shareholders.