* The HCM City STC today April 24 saw another reduction on the stock market when the VN Index lost 26.65 points to close at 905.53 down 2.75% against the previous session with a total trade of 4,826,870 shares worth 480.893 billion dong.
* The HASTC Index yesterday also lost 44.12 points relatively to close at 321.44 points down 12.07% compared with April 22.
* Vietnam Mobile Telecom Services Co (VMS) announced that the company has started an international tender to select a foreign consultant for its equitisation plan that will be carried out this year. The deadline to issue bidding documents is before 9am May 16, 2007.
* The Thanh Cong Garment and Textile Joint Stock Co (TMC) ‘s the first annual shareholders’ meeting passed the plan to list shares on the stock market to hike its chartered capital to 300 billion dong by July. As estimated, TMC will pay a dividend for 2007 in cash and shares this year. To gain this target, the company must reach a total revenue of 1.29 billion dong, of which turnover from exports must hit US$50.52 million.
* The Cotec Construction Joint Stock Co (Coteccons)) will auction 54,196 state shares at 10,000 dong par, equal to 9.11% of its 59.5 billion dong chartered capital on the HCM City STC from May 14. The shares have an initial price of 1.4 million dong per share, higher 14 times over par, recording the highest initial price level so far.
* Listed firm Taya Vietnam Electric Cable and Wire Joint Stock Co on April 23 reported that the company earned about 290.756 billion dong in total revenue during the first quarter of 2007, making a loss of 32.17 billion dong compared with that of 2006 due to an increase in prices of materials to serve electric wire and cable production sector.
* The Hoa Binh Real Estate Construction and Trading Joint Stock Corp (HBC) has announced that it will raise its chartered capital from nearly 56.4 billion dong to one 100 billion dong by issuing 4,360,010 shares. In which, 558,409 shares will be used to pay a dividend of 10% for 2006, another 465,341 bonus shares will be offered to existing shareholders at a ratio 2:1 meaning that each shareholder who holds two old shares will receive a bonus share. 1,116,818 shares will be sold to existing shareholders at a price of 20,000 dong each and the remainder will be auctioned in the public.
* The Hanaka Group Joint Stock Corp reported that its chartered capital has been raised to 500 billion dong thanks to the first share issue held between February 14 and 26. By May, the second phase share issue of the company will take place in a bid to reach a 1.1 trillion dong capital and list shares on the stock market this year.
* Listed firm HCM City Infrastructure Investment Joint Stock Co (CII) yesterday announced that it bought a 39% stake in the 200 billion chartered capital of Dong Tam BOO Water Joint Stock Co.
* The Investment Commerce Fisheries Corp (Incomfish) announced that this year it targets to reach 397 billion dong in revenue, a year-on-year rise of 40% and 18.86 billion dong in pre-tax profit, up 67.8% from 2006.
* During the first quarter of 2007, the Rang Dong Light Source and Vacuum Flask Joint Stock Co (RAL) earned US$4.259 million from exports to Middle East, Latin America and Australia, equal to the figure of the whole last year.
* Vinh Phu Textile Co with a chartered capital of 55 billion dong will auction 2,844,050 ordinary shares at 2pm April 25 via the northern floor. There were 19 individual investors registering to join the share auction with the total share buy orders reaching 104, 500 shares.
* Listed firm An Giang Fisheries Import Export JSC reported that last year it earned 1.196 trillion dong in total revenue, 50.67 billion dong in pre-tax profit, 46.615 billion dong in after-tax profit and EPS of 600 dong.
* Saigon Securities Inc (SSI) last year posted total revenue of 378.508 billion dong, 302.69 billion dong in pre-tax profit, 2442 billion dong in after-tax profit and EPS of 4,841 dong.
* EAB Securities Co released its audited financial report for 2006 with the total revenue reaching 42.566 billion dong, total pre-tax profit of 24 billion dong and total after-tax profit of 21.838 billion dong.
* HCM City announces that SAFOCO Foodstuff Joint Stock Co (Safoco) will pay a dividend of 17% for SAF coded shares to shareholders on May 7. Vietnam Securities Depository— HCM City Branch will temporarily suspend the depository activities for SAF on April 13, 16 and 17, 2007.
* Binh Dinh Minerals Co (BIMICO) announced that it will pay a 10% dividend for 2006 to shareholders on May 24. The registration deadline to receive the dividend is May 8. HCM City Securities Trading Centre will halt the custody services of BMC coded shares between May 7 and 9.
* The HCM City Securities Depository Centre announced that the date to pay coupon rates for bonds coded TP4A1506, TP4A1005 and CP1_0402 is April 27 instead of April 26 as announced previously because April 26 is a holiday in line with Vietnam’s labour law.
Source: Dau Tu Chung Khoan, HASTC, SSC, VSE, VCBS, Vietstock