* The southern stock market today April 27 saw another surge when the VN Index rose by 18.36 points to close at 923.89 points up 2.03% against the previous session with a total trade reaching 4,905,530 shares worth 581.7446 billion dong.
* The Thac Mo Hydropower Joint Stock Co will auction again 532,000 shares that no buyer showed up in the share auction held on March 29, said the head of EVN’s equitisation and securities commission, Dang Phan Tuong.
* Dai Viet Securities Co (DVSC) recently signed a one-year contract with Bao Minh Insurance Co to buy the insurance product for the broker’s entirely securities activities. The securities insurance was signed under a form of reinsurance product by Bao Minh and the US Chubb insurer based in Singapore.
* A Singaporean advertisement firm, Nosea was chosen to be a strategic partner of Vietnam’s Young Advertisement Joint Stock Co In addition, the Young Advertisement Joint Stock Co agreed the plan to raise its chartered capital from the current four billion dong to 26 billion dong by issuing an extra one million shares at 10,000 dong par. Of which 450,000 shares will be sold to Nosea, another 250,000 shares will be offered to existing
* HCM City based construction firm Coteccons will raise its chartered capital from 59.5 billion dongto at least 80 billion dong by the end of the year following a decision made by shareholders at a recent meeting. The company will auction 54,196 shares at the HCM City Securities Trading Centre on May 14, with the reserve price fixed at 1.4 million dong per share.
* Vietnam Shipbuilding Industry Group (Vinashin) will develop a shipbuilding industry complex in the Mekong Delta province of Hau Giang, Lao Dong reports. The project includes what will be the delta’s largest shipyard. The province has allocated an initial 14 hectares of land in the Song Hau Industrial Park for Vinashin to start work on the 60-hectare shipyard on April 30, the country’s Reunification Day.
* Ca Mau 1 power station in the Mekong Delta province of the same name began on Tuesday to provide the national grid with electricity turned out by its second 750MW generator. When in full operation, the station will be able to supply some 10 billion kWh a year.
* Domestic seafood processor Incomfish will issue 11 million shares with a face value of 10,000 dong per share to raise its registered capital to 228 billion dong.
* Vietnam’s Saigon Shipbuilding Industry Co(SSIC) and Denmark’s Erria will launch a 2,900-dwt container ship tomorrow. Erria, the owner of the ship, will name it Erria Vietnam to signify the relationship between the two countries.
* Silicom Vietnam, in coordination with Taiwanese firms KYE and AOC, has introduced new products in Hanoi, including LCD monitors, solar powered keyboards, blue tooth earphones and laser mouse.
* The Petrochemical Joint Stock Co reported that it is holding 15 to 22%, 25 to 30% and 30 to 35% of the respective markets for lubricant oil, bitumen and chemicals.
* Hong Kong Airlines will launch air service between Hong Kong and Hanoi today with seven weekly flights using Boeing 737-800 aircraft. Its flights will depart from Hong Kong at 5:55 p.m. and 8:55 a.m. from Hanoi. It takes an hour and 45 minutes to fly between the two destinations.
* Phuc Son Cement Co has obtained approval in principle from the Dung Quat Economic Zone Authority for building a US$17 million station for grinding clinker and producing pre-stressed concrete piles in the zone’s Saigon-Dung Quat Industrial Park. The facility will cover 10 hectares.
* Ben Kien Shipbuilding Industry Co has launched the 8,700 dwt Arikun vessel and will deliver this cargo ship to owner Kanematsu of Japan.
* Viet Tien Garment and Textile Corp in conjunction with East Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (EAB) yesterday kicked off construction on a complex of nine workshops, two of which will produce equipments for garment sector and manufacture automatic teller machines for banking sector in the Tan Tao Industrial Zone, Dong Nai southern province.
* GP-Bank reported that last year the bank provided loans totalling 544.366 billion dong to domestic economic institutions and individuals invested 362.311 billion dong in securities and put up 27.214 billion dong in joint ventures and companies.
* Ocean Commercial Joint Stock Bank or Ocean Bank released its financial report for 2006 with a total outstanding loans reaching 105.419 billion dong and total assets of 161.699 billion dong.
* The Southern Commercial Joint Stock Bank has received an award for its outstanding international payment service named Global Financial Institutions and Trade Services Group from New York-based Wachovia Bank, N.A.
* Informal stock market: The Vietstock website yesterday April 26 reported that the price of Saigon Bank 115,000 dong, Military Bank 105,000 dong, SCB 73,000 dong, EAB 147,000 dong, Vinh Cuu Stone Joint Stock Co 29,000 dong, Hoang Anh Gia Lai 104,000 dong, Nam A Bank 75,000 dong, Southern Hydropower Co 27,000 dong, Electronic Dist 10 JSC 140,000 dong, Health Import Export JSC 41,000 dong, VPBank 70,000 dong, VASS 79,000 dong, Vidipha 120,000 dong, Mekophar 155,000 dong, Southern Rubber JSC 132,000 dong, Viet A Bank 70,000 dong, Vietnam Maritime Bank 120,000 dong, Can Gio Pharmaceutical JSC 42,000 dong, Tay Ninh Rubber JSC 132,000 dong, Dong Phu Rubber JSC 119,000 dong, Mai Linh JSC 35,000 dong, Dien Quang Lighting JSC 165,000 dong, Saigon Electric Wire and Cable JSC 65,000 dong, HCM City Securities JSC 135,000 dong, Techcombank 135,000 dong, Hoa Phat group 98,000 dong, Nam Viet Seafood JSC 145,000 dong, Kido Cream JSC 100,000 dong, Saigon Tourist 58,000 dong, PetroVietnam Tourist Service 81,000 dong, Thac Mo Hydropower JSC 60,000 dong, Southern Container JSC 48,000 dong, PVTrans 81,000 dong, Trieu An Hospital 43,000 dong, Seafood Co 35,000 dong, Vinh Hao Mineral Water JSC 31,000 dong, Tan Hoa Plastics 51,000 dong, Saigon Sea Transportation JSC 41,000 dong, NJC 42,000 dong, Nha Be Garment JSC 35,000 dong, Tan Mai Paper JSC 38,000 dong and Petrolimex Transportation JSC at 95,000 dong per share.
Source: Dau Tu Chung Khoan, HASTC, SSC, VSE, VCBS, Vietstock.