* The Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) recently announced that the registration deadline for Alphanam Joint Stock Co (coded ALP) to close the list of shareholders and pay bonus shares of 30% is on April 10. The transaction date is scheduled on May 16. The company also plans to hold the annual shareholders’ meeting on May 10 in the Opera House in Hanoi.
* Construction Joint Stock Co No 2 (coded VC2) recently announced that it would buy back 500,000 VC2-coded shares to make fund shares from April 25 to July 25 according to the market price. The capital source to buy these shares is from the Development and Investment Fund and non-distributed after tax profit.
* HCM City based Masan Industry and Trading Joint Stock Co, a member of Masan Group, reported that last year it twice raised chartered capital from 85 billion dong to 138.395 billion dong through issuing 1.5 million shares at 260,000 dong per share to corporate investors. In the end of 2007, the company’s capital surplus was over 410 billion dong.
* The Vietnam National Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) yesterday April 3 announced that in the first quarter of this year, it made a revenue of 69.39 trillion dong or 146.2% of the first quarter’s plan and 37.07% of the year’s target, increasing 71.34% against the same period of last year and accounting for 20% of the country’s GDP.
* Vietnam National Petroleum Corp (Petrolimex) recently reported that the project to set up Vietnam Petroleum Group was submitted to the government office and the finance ministry for seeking opinion. According to the project, Vietnam Petroleum Group will operate as a holding company based on restructuring Petrolimex. As estimated, the chartered capital at the time of operation transformation will be seven trillion dong.
* Cable maker Viet Han Investment and Production Joint Stock Co recently reported its revenue growth reached 70.7% while the profit increased by 36% to 86 billion dong in 2007.
* STC listed firm Hau Giang Pharmaceuticals Joint Stock Co recently released its 2007 fiscal report with total asset of 942.209 billion dong. Last year the company gained over 1.285 trillion dong in revenue from sales and service provision, 668.502 billion dong in the combined profit from sales and service provision, 5.789 billion dong in revenue from financial activities, and 127.858 billion dong in net profit from business and 453.674 million dong other profits.
* IDG Ventures Vietnam Investment Fund (IDGVV) yesterday April 3 announced its investment in Education Service and Investment Joint Stock Co (Hocmai.vn). Under it, IDGVV will officially be Hocmai.vn’s strategic investor in the process of developing and supplying advanced education services.
* Binh Thanh Import Export Trading and Production Joint Stock Co or Gilimex reported that in 2007, it gained 187.984 billion dong in total assets while its revenue from sales and service provision attained 449.895 billion dong and revenue from financial activities was 28.431 billion dong.
* Oriental Bank (OCB) recently reduced the deposit interest rates in both dong and US dollar whereby the dong payment and demand deposit interest rates will get monthly interest rate of 0.4%, two, three and six months 0.875% and seven, eight, nine 13, 18 and 24 months 0.92%. The interest rate in US dollar will be ranged between 0.59% and 6% a year for different terms.
* Mekong Delta Housing Development Bank (MHB) recently officially connected its card system with Bannknet system, marking the sixth bank joining this system. Up to date, the Banknet system includes Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (Agribank), Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (Bidv), Industrial and Commercial Joint Stock Bank of Vietnam (Incombank-ICB), Saigon Commercial Bank (SGB) and An Binh Bank.
* Eastern Asia Bank (EAB) recently inaugurated Binh Thuan branch, bringing its total network to 131 transaction offices and branches nationwide to the end of March. The Binh Thuan branch will carry out more ATMs system in the region to meet the demand of the local people in the time being.
* Western Bank recently cooperated with Hung Vuong University and Serenco Co to introduce the professional training cooperation programme of finance and banking. Subjects will be selected so as to suit real situations and students can practise via Western Bank’s online system.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HASTC.