* The VN Index today April 17 continued to fall by 17.28 points to close at 965.72 points down 1.76% against the previous session with a total market trade of 5,416,150 shares worth 605.660 billion dong.
* The HASTC Index yesterday April 15 was pushed down to 366.18 points, a fall of 25.91 points against the previous session with a total trade of 1.22 million shares changing hands to a total value of 164.84 billion dong.
* The Thanh Cong Textile and Garment Joint Stock Co recently reported that during the last six months of 2006, it reached 535 billion dong in total revenue, 19.2 billion dong in pre-tax profit and a dividend of 12.2%. The company agreed to issue new shares via auction on the HCM City STC to raise more 600 billion dong for projects on building Silico Industrial Zone and investing in textile and garment sector.
* Yesterday the SSC signed the Official Letter No 167/UBCK-QLPH approving in principle the IPO plan of Nam Viet Joint Stock Co.
* Southern brewer Tribeco announced its Taiwanese strategic partner named Uni-President with total annual revenue reaching US$12 billion and total assets of US$2.3 billion.
* The HCM City STC announced that Vipco Joint Stock Co will issue an extra 7,020,000 ordinary shares worth 70.2 billion dong via the bourse as of April 19 according to the Decision No 21/QD-TTGDCK dated April 11.
* Listed firm FPT will pay a dividend to existing shareholders at a ratio 2:1 meaning that each shareholder who is holding one old FPT coded share will receive one new share before June 30.
* There were 822 investors including 13 institutions and 809 individuals registering to join the share auction of Ninh Binh Thermo Power Co with the total share buy orders reaching 11,577,200 shares.
* Citibank will order to buy shares of East Asia Commercial Bank at a price that will be no less than that foreign institutions spent to purchase shares of Vietnamese banks by May, the EAB general director Tran Phuong Binh said at the shareholder’s meeting held on April 15.
* Dong Nai based Dai A Rural Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Dai A Bank) last week passed the roadmap to raise its chartered capital to one trillion dong this year, 1.7 trillion dong in 2008, 2.5 trillion dong in 2009 and up to three trillion dong by 2010.
* Informal stock market: The Vietstock website yesterday April 16 reported that the price of Southern Bank reached 74,000 dong per share, Saigon Bank 115,000 dong, Military Bank 110,000 dong, Vietnam Eximbank 115,000 dong, SCB 78,000 dong, EAB 149,000 dong, Vinh Cuu Stone Joint Stock Co 29,000 dong. Habubank 103,000 dong, Hoang Anh Gia Lai 107,000 dong, Nam A Bank 75,000 dong, HCM City HDB 108,000 dong, Southern Hydropower Co 27,000 dong, Electronic Dist 10 JSC 140,000 dong, Health Import Export JSC 41,000 dong, An Binh Bank 73,000 dong, OCB 107,000 dong, PNJ 140,000 dong, VPBank 125,000 dong, VASS 79,000 dong, Vidipha 120,000 dong, Mekophar 155,000 dong, Southern Rubber JSC 132,000 dong, Viet A Bank 71,000 dong, Vietnam Maritime Bank 120,000 dong, VIB Bank 105,000 dong, Can Gio Pharmaceutical JSC 42,000 dong, Tay Ninh Rubber JSC 132,000 dong, Dong Phu Rubber JSC 119,000 dong, Mai Linh JSC 37,000 dong, Dien Quang Lighting JSC 165,000 dong, Saigon Electric Wire and Cable JSC 66,000 dong, SHB 56,000 dong, HCM City Securities JSC 135,000 dong, Techcombank 135,000 dong, Hoa Phat group 98,000 dong, Nam Viet Seafood JSC 145,000 dong, Kido Cream JSC 100,000 dong, Saigon Tourist 58,000 dong, PetroVietnam Tourist Service 81,000 dong, Thac Mo Hydropower JSC 60,000 dong, Southern Container JSC 48,000 dong, PVTrans 83,000 dong, Trieu An Hospital 45,000 dong, Thong Nhat Rubber Co 70,000 dong, Vinh Hao Mineral Water JSC 33,000 dong, Tan Hoa Plastics 51,000 dong, Saigon Sea Transportation JSC 41,000 dong, NJC 42,000 dong, Nha Be Garment JSC 35,000 dong, Tan Mai Paper JSC 38,000 dong and Petrolimex Transportation JSC at 95,000 dong per share.