* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) recently announced that it received documents from Mekong Fisheries Joint Stock Co (Mekongfish) to list 8.1 million ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par on the southern bourse under the consultancy of Saigon Securities Co (coded SSI).
* Hanoi Securities Trading Centre (HaSTC) on July 30 approved in principle the Kinh Bac Urban Development Joint Stock Co (coded KBC) to list 43.361 million more shares worth 433.61 billion dong in the total on the northern bourse.
* Hanoi Securities Trading Centre announced that August 14 is the deadline of Viglacera Dong Anh Joint Stock Co to close a list of shareholders to seek the approval to issue more shares for first phase 2007 dividend payment in order to hike the chartered capital from 7.5 billion dong to 10.05 billion dong.
* Underground Work Construction Joint Stock Co (coded CTN) announced it registered to buy back 74,400 CTN fund shares between August 8 and September 8 to stabilise its share price in the market. The trading is carried out under the matching order or negotiation method.
* According to the second quarter’s fiscal report audited by Ernst&Young Vietnam Co, Saigon Securities Inc (SSI) posted 250.863 billion dong in net revenue from securities business and investment activities, a 101.935 billion dong loss in net profit from securities business activities and a 48.337 billion dong loss in net profit from associated companies, bringing the total loss (after-tax) in Q2 to 141.62 billion dong and 27.263 billion dong in the first half.
* Smart Media cut a deal with Vietnam Youth Union on Tuesday in Hanoi to organize a media program to offer vocational guidance and job promotion for the youth. Moreover, in collaboration with the media, the cooperation also holds communication events and sets up information channel to youth on career.
* Vietnam Railway Corp has decided to increase Thong Nhat train ticket up by between 1 % and 15% from August 10, said Nguyen Huu Bang, general director of the corporation.
* HCM City Urban Environment Co has got nod from the central city of Da Nang’s authorities to build an incinerator in the local cemetery Hoa Son late this year. The project worth 20 billion dong is scheduled for completion nine months later.
* Nam Cuong Group has got approval from the Government to develop four urban development projects in the northern province of HaTay.
* PetroVietnam Power Corp on Tuesday decided to develop a 18.6MW geothermal power project in the central province of Quang Ngai in cooperation with ORMAT Group.
* Dutch Lady Vietnam has decided to raise product prices by 6% to 10% on all sterilized milk and yoghurt products branded Dutch Lady and Fristi due to the recent increase in material prices.
* Dai Duong Group signed an agreement with the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry yesterday to hold the national small and medium enterprises week 2008 or SME Week in November 2008. The event is aimed to provide a forum for authorities and businesspeople to meet and exchange experience, and suggest strategies in support of developing SMEs.
* After the “2008 Best Bank in Vietnam” award, the Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank) was recently presented another prize named “2008 Best Cash Management Bank in Vietnam” by Asiamoney magazine, the leading banking and financial magazine in the Asia-Pacific.
* In order to help Vietnamese enterprises overcome hardships in this high inflation institution, especially exporters and importers, from the start of this month, the Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank) is to officially apply the dong lending rates of 19.8% per year for long-term customers, falling by 1.2% per year in comparison with the state’s ceiling level of 21% per year.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HaSTC.