The Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange today August 17 continue falling on the stock market when the VN Index fell by 12.33 points or 1.36% close at 887.93 (after 11 am) with a total matching order trade of 4,301,340 shares worth 421,728 billion dong. Similarly, the HaSTC Index today dropped 2.95 points or nearly 1.17% to close at 249.4 with a total market trade of 778,900 shares worth about 75.759 billion dong.
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) recently approved Song Da 909 Joint Stock Co (coded S99-HaSTC) to sell shares to the public.
* Binh Duong based Nui Nho Stone Joint Stock Co announced that it would pay a dividend of 18.35% in cash to its shareholders on August 20.
* Pha Lai Thermo Power Joint Stock Co will buy back one million PPC-coded shares from August 30.
* The Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange on August 13 approved the listing and official trading date of 684,115 FPT coded shares with a total value of over 6.841 billion dong being offered to Hanoi based telecom provider’s employees.
* Da Nang Plastic Joint Stock Co (coded DPC) reported 11.4 billion dong in revenue and 311 million dong from after tax profit in the first quarter of 2007 and the figure reached 15.2 billion dong in revenue and 666 million dong from after tax profit in the second quarter.
* PetroVietnam Finance Co (PVFC) under PetroVietnam Group has inaugurated a new branch named Thang Long in Hanoi’s My Dinh Town. The branch is active in arranging capital and credits for enterprises under the group, and in particular providing PetroVietnam’s employees with consumer and housing instalment loans. PVFC currently has chartered capital of three trillion dong (US$187.5 million) and total assets of 33.6 trillion dong (US$2.1 billion), and obtained revenue of 1.89 trillion dong in the past seven months.
* STC listed firm Tay Ninh Rubber Joint Stock Co (TRC) released its business results in April-June with a profit reaching only 14.27 billion dong, a reduction of 31 billion dong over the first quarter, the transaction of TRC coded shares has become brisker.
* Ben Tre Cane and Sugar Joint Stock Co is monthly exporting some 300 tonnes of animal feed made from bagasse to Japan, and selling tens of thousand of wet bagasse to local fertilizer producers. In the 2006-07 sugarcane crop the company crushed more than 370,000 tonnes of sugarcane, and sold 28,000 tonnes of sugar and earned a profit of 10 billion dong.
* But Son Cement Packing Joint Stock Co (coded BBS-HaSTC) recently reported its performance with 24.3 billion dong in revenue and 1.7 billion dong from after taxprofit in the second quarter of 2007.
* Son La Rubber Joint Stock Co (Solaruco) with initial investment capital of 200 billion dong (US$12.5 million) has just been established as a subsidiary of Vietnam Rubber Group (VRG) and will develop rubber farms in the northwest region of Vietnam. VRG, which holds half of Solaruco’s capital, has up to now developed 220,000 hectares of rubber trees nationwide.
* 235,940,136 STB-coded additional shares of Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Bank (Sacombank) will be officially traded on August 21.
* 19.25 million TNC-coded shares of Thong Nhat Rubber Joint Stock Co will be officially listed and traded via Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange on August 22.
* The State Bank of Vietnam to date has withdrawn 82% of the money amount it spent on buying US$7 billion in the first five months, the central bank’s deputy governor Nguyen Dong Tien reported in a recent meeting.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tien Phong, Tuoi Tre, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HASTC.