The Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange today August 21 continued the impetus on the stock market as the VN Index climbed by 5.70 points or 0.64% to close at 895.72 (after 11 am) with a total matching order trade of 6,056,140 shares worth 515.102 billion dong. Conversely, the HaSTC Index today lost 0.03 points or nearly 0.012% to close at 248.8 with a total market trade of 732,600 shares worth about 73.413 billion dong.
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) on August 20 approved the Song Da 909 Joint Stock Co with a chartered capital of five billion dong to offer one million ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par, of which 758,352 shares will be sold to existing shareholders and 236,985 shares will be paid dividend.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange recently approved Hau Giang Pharmaceutically Joint Stock Co to list two million DHG coded ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par worth 20 billion dong. The official transaction date is scheduled on August 23.
* Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre (HaSTC) recently approved PetroVietnam Engineering Service Joint Stock Co (coded PVS) to list 100 million shares on the northern floor.
* Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre (HaSTC) recently approved Song Da 6.06 (coded SSS) to list 2.5 million shares via the northern floor.
* Thu Duc Export and Import Commerce Joint Stock Co (coded TMC-STC) reported 87.78 billion dong in revenue and 0.98 billion dong from after tax profit in July.
* Hai Phong Securities Joint Stock Co (coded HPC-HaSTC) reported that it earned over 24 billion dong in revenue and 17.5 billion dong from after tax profit in the second quarter of the year.
* Power Co 3 (PC 3), which is active in 12 cities and provinces in the country’s central region, has announced to turn its subsidiary Hydropower Plants Management Board into a shareholder-owned concern.
* The Seafood Investment and Commerce Joint Stock Co (coded ICF-HaSTC) reported 88 billion dong in revenue and 5.5 billion dong from after tax profit in the second quarter of 2007.
* The HCM City Metal Joint Stock Co (coded HMC-STC) reported 301.09 billion dong in revenue and 2.93 billion dong from after tax profit in July.
* Vitaly Joint Stock Co (coded VTA-STC)’s shareholders meeting passed the report of business plan in the last six months of the year with estimated revenue of 158 billion dong and 5.7 billion dong from profit.
* Uni-President Ltd C, a big shareholder of Saigon Beverage Co (coded TRI-STC) holding 1,928,000 TRI-coded shares will buy more 272,000 TRI-coded shares from August 27 to September 27.
* Two million additional shares of the Hau Giang Pharmaceutical Co (coded DHG-STC) will be officially traded on August 23 on the southern floor.
* Thang Long Cement Co has installed a furnace capable of producing 6,000 tonnes of clinker a day at its plant of the same name in the northern province of Quang Ninh. Thang Long cement plant expects to launch its first Dragon products early next year, Dau Tu reports.
* EVN Telecom has launched a promotion in celebration of its two-millionth mobile subscriber and of Vietnam’s National Day, September 2. An Innova G2.0 car worth dong 480 million (US$30,000) will go to the first prizewinner.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tien Phong, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Sai Gon Giai Phong, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HASTC.