The Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange today December 17 continued plunging on the stock market when the VN Index dropped another 10.94 points or 1.19% to close at 911.15 (after 11 am) with the total matching order trade of 13,671,680 shares worth nearly 1.3 trillion dong. Similarly, the Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre or HaSTC Index today continued plunging by losing another 6.4 points or 1.97% to close at 318.48 with a total market trade of 2,083,800 shares worth nearly 204,45 billion dong.
* The Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange recently approved for the Minh Phu Seafood Joint Stock Co (coded MPC) to list 70 million ordinary shares at 10,000 dong on par worth 700 billion dong via the southern bourse. MPC with a chartered capital of 700 billion dong specialises in processing and exporting seafood, importing materials, investing in infrastructure, construction and building civil and industrial works. The first trading date is anticipated on December 20.
* The Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange recently approved for the Vinh Hoan Joint Stock Co to list 30 million VHC-coded shares via the bourse.
* The Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre HaSTC recently approved in principle for the Cement Transport Materials Joint Stock Co (VTV) to list four additional shares via the northern bourse.
* The Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre HaSTC recently announced that it received applications from four companies to list shares via the bourse namely Bac Ninh Agricultural products Joint Stock Co (chartered capital of 70 billion dong), Cement Commerce Joint Stock Co (60 billion dong), Thanh Cong Joint Stock Co (55 billion dong) and Ha Tinh School Equipments and Books Joint Stock Co (10 billion dong).
* The Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre HaSTC recently approved for the Luong Tai Works Construction Joint Stock Co to list 5.55 millions shares via the bourse with the code via the bourse with the code of LUT.
* The Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre HaSTC recently approved in principle for the Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ACB) to list 9.995.344 additional shares via the bourse.
* The Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre HaSTC recently approved in principle for the Song Da Joint Stock Co No 5 (SD5) to list 3.894 million shares via the bourse.
* Saigon Hotel Joint Stock Co (SGH) recently announced that during the first nine months of the year it posted 16.589 billion dong in revenue and 3.08 billion dong from after tax profit. EPS was at 1,745 dong per share.
* The Vietnam Milk Joint Stock Co (VNM) recently reported that in Jan-Nov it gained 6.217 trillion dong in revenue or 83.7% of the year’s target and 923 billion dong in profit, accounting for 102.8% of the 2007’s plan.
* The operations of Vietsopetro under a joint venture between Vietnam and Russia will be extended until after 2010 as provided for in a decision signed by prime minister Nguyen Tan Dung, Lao Dong reports.
* Vietnam Airlines has agreed to sponsor air tickets for events of the Australian Chamber of Commerce (AusCham) in the next 12 months. Andrew Currie, chair of AusCham in HCM City, told the Daily that the air tickets would be used for those who help AusCham raise funds at charity events.
* Savi-Furniture Joint Stock Co under HCM City-based Savimex, has opened a new furniture production line in a bid to increase output for local market. The new planking manufacturing line at Savimex’s Savi-Furniture factory at 234 Truong Son Street, Thu Duc District is capitalized at some six billion dong. Products of the new factory will be supplied for hi-end apartments.
* FPT Mobile inaugurated its branch and Samsung & Motorola maintenance centre in Ninh Kieu District in Can Tho City last week to expand its business to the Mekong Delta region. The company plans to open more authorized maintenance service centres in Thanh Hoa, Vinh anh Nha Trang next year.
* Australia-invested GHD Vietnam Ltd Co and Dong Tam BOO Co last week signed a deal to invest one trillion dong for building a water plant in Binh Duc Commune, Chau Thanh District Tien Giang Province with total capacity of 90,000 cubic meters.
* Vietnam Bank for Social Policies (VBSP) reported that it has disbursed the total credit target of 7.4 trillion dong for the whole year.
This year the bank was assigned to carry out many key credit programmes such as lending two trillion dong for pupils and students, lending for poor households and disadvantaged areas.
* The Asian Development Bank (ADB) will provide Vietnam its ever largest aid worth US$1.1 billion for building a 244 kilometres long modern highway linking from Hanoi to Lao Cai province.
According to ADB, passenger road transport takes two days from Kunming of China to Hanoi. As for heavy trucks, the transport time is three days. When the new highway is complete, in 2012 as expected, the cross-border transport between the two countries will take less than one day.
* From this week, Eximbank Vietnam will increase gold saving interest rates for all terms to bring more benefits to depositors. The interest rate plus is 0.1-0.5% per annum as compared with previous rates for god savings with a term of 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36 and 60 months.
* The Industrial and Commercial Bank of Vietnam (Incombank) has signed an agreement to provide loans for Vietnam National Petroleum Corp (Petrolimex) to import oil and gasoline for supply to the local market. Incombank will also invest in projects of Petrolimex.
* Maritime Bank has opened its new branch at 420-422 Cong Hoa Street in HCM City’s Tan Binh District, bringing the total number to four branches and one transaction office in this city. The new facility is licensed for deposit mobilisation, foreign exchange payment and card services among others.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HASTC.