* The State Securities Commission (SSC) on January 31 granted license for Thu Duc Trading and Import Export Joint Stock Co (Timexco) with a chartered capital of over 35.545 billion dong will offer 1,445,493 ordinary shares at the face value of 10,000 dong par. Of which, one million shares will be offered to the existing shareholders and the remaining 445,493 shares will be allocated to the strategic partners. The allocation duration will be within 90 days as receiving the license. Bao Viet Securities Joint Stock Co will be the issuing consultant.
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) on January 31 granted license for Educational Book Joint Stock Co in Hanoi City (Haebco) with a chartered capital of nearly 25.549 billion dong will offer 2,554,871 ordinary shares at the face value of 10,000 dong per share to the public. The allocation duration will be within 90 days from receiving the license.
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) recently announced the list of auditing firms and auditors being allowed to carry out auditing for listed firms, issuers and securities business institutions for the third phase of 2008. Four auditing companies shortlisted are Earnst & Young Vietnam Ltd Co, Pricewaterhouse Coopers Vietnam, Auditing and Financial Consultancy Co., Ltd (ACA) and Grant Thornton Vietnam, bringing the total number to 20.
* The Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre (HaSTC) on January 30 approved for the Wall Street Securities Joint Stock Co to enter the northern bourse. The Wall Street Securities Joint Stock Co located at No 1 Le Phung Hieu in Hanoi’s Hoan Kiem district with a chartered capital of 168 billion dong will have full ranges of securities sector like securities brokerage, Securities self trading and securities investment consultancy.
* Being listed on the southern floor from January 28, 458,000 shares of Kim Long Securities Co (KLS) were changed hands at 53,500 dong per share. During following sessions, KLS recorded the large trading volume of 500,000 shares. Notably, the broker’s share price yesterday reached 61,100 dong per share, a rise of 14.2% from the offering price.
* Northern Liquefied Petroleum Gas Trading Joint-Stock Co has started building a 7,500-tonne LPG tanker in Dinh Vu Industrial Park in northern Hai Phong City. The project is estimated to cost 389 billion dong in investment capital.
* Truong Thanh Furniture Corp (TTFC) last year posted 622.510 billion dong in revenue, 52.2 billion dong in after-tax profit and EPS of 5,116 dong. The figures are expected to reach 1.332 trillion dong, 127 billion dong and 8,435 dong this year.
* Bac Ninh-based Tien Hung Co last week was awarded a license to open a branch in Dinh Vu Industrial Park in Hai Phong to process food, produce non-alcoholic drinks and trade in food products. Construction will start on the 235-billion dong new subsidiary in April for production one year later.
* Hue Brewery Ltd Co has inaugurated a new production facility in Phu Bai Industrial Park in the central Thua Thien-Hue Province, raising the company’s total output to 150 million litres per year.
* The Vietcombank Fund Management Co (VCBF) recently made the debut of the third member fund Vietcombank 3 (VPF3) operating as a closed fund with the capital scope of 455 billion dong (US$28.4 million). Currently, VPF3 invested over 50% of its chartered capital and plans to complete for the second quarter of 2008.
* Eximbank yesterday announced that it would start the progressive interest rates of savings in gold depending on account balance. The interest rate plus can be 0.55% against the ordinary level. Earlier, the bank also adjusted the dong and US dollar deposit rates. Accordingly, dong deposit rate increased by additional 0.007-0.045% a month for each term and the US dollar deposit rate plus was 0.2-0.75% per annum.
* Housing Development Bank (HDBank) has opened two new transaction offices in HCM City, raising the number of transaction locations to a total 22. It plans to scale up the network to 60 locations this year. Last year, the lender earned 169 billion dong in pre-tax profit.
* Vietnam Technological and Commercial Bank (Techcombank), Visa International and Vietnam Airlines have signed a deal, under which the bank will issue Visa cards for the air carrier’s customers.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HASTC.