* The Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre HaSTC on February 18 announced that the registration deadline for But Son Cement Joint Stock Co (coded BTS) to offer more shares to the existing shareholders is on February 22. Under it, BTS will offer more 4.5 million shares to the existing shareholders at the ration of one new share for 20 shares held at the price of 20,000 dong per share.
* Bourbon Tay Ninh Sugarcane Joint Stock Co on February 19 announced listing 44,824,172 SBT-coded shares at 10,000 dong par on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) with the total list value of over 448 billion dong. The official transaction date is scheduled on February 25.
* Dai Viet Securities Co (DVSC) recently released its financial report in 2007 with 116 billion dong in revenue, 80.097 billion dong from after tax profit and EPS at 3,204 dong. According the report, up to the end of 2007, DVSC’s equity reached 469.5 billion dong, of which its chartered capital was 250 billion dong.
* PEB Steel has completed the last rafter beam of stage 1 of Doosan Vina project in Dung Quat Industrial Zone in central province of Quang Ngai. The pre-engineered steel building project, costing US$17 million, is considered the biggest pre-engineered steel buildings project ever awarded in Vietnam. The building will be the Korean-invested Doosan Vina’s factory for heavy-industry production.
* Dung Quat Shipbuilding Industry Corp will late this month start building the first of three oil tankers with a capacity of 105,000 tonnes each under an order worth US$60 million placed by Vietnam Transport Corporation.
* Vietnam’s Kova Paint has just commissioned a paint factory in the neighbouring country of Cambodia. Kova Cambodia Paint is a joint venture between Kova and a Singapore partner, and has a daily output of 60 tonnes of paint.
* From February 18, Southern Bank applied the new interest rate benchmark for dong deposits in HCM City whereby the interest rate of deposits with a term of three months was raised to 9.60% per annum, six months at 9.960% a year and 13 months at 10.56% per annum.
* Saigon Commercial Joint Stock Bank (SCB) recently announced that from February 18 it applied new interest rate benchmark for dong deposit in all terms with the increase level of by 0.06% per month. This is the continuous third adjustment of the bank within February. With the new interest rate benchmark, the three-