* The Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) recently announced that it would organise an auction for 1,683,940 shares at 10,000 dong par of Industrial Urban Development Joint Stock Co No 2 on March 14 at the initial price of 30,000 dong per share via the southern bourse.
* The Hanoi Securities Trading Centre (HaSTC) announced that it would officially put one million NGC coded shares of Ngo Quyen Export Seafood Processing Joint Stock Co into official transactions from March 6, 2008. The company has a chartered capital of 10 billion dong, 80% of which held by external shareholders and the remaining 20% held by the state.
* The Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre HaSTC recently approved in principle for the Vietnam National Reinsurance Joint Stock Co (coded VNR) to list 32,918,440 additional shares on the northern bourse.
* The Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre HaSTC recently approved in principle for the Song Da 6 Joint Stock Co (coded SD6) to list 1,521,500 extra shares on the northern bourse.
* The Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre HaSTC recently approved in principle for the Song Da 6.04 Joint Stock Co (coded S64) to list 1.3 million extra shares on the northern floor.
* Bibica Joint Stock Co was recently licensed to offer 9.28 million ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par, in which 4.65 million shares will be offered to strategic shareholders and another 4.63 million shares for existing shareholders.
* Vietnam Post and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) recently announced that it plans to spend some US$1 billion on developing the New Generation Network (NGN) within this year or the beginning of next year.
* STC listed firm Chau Thoi Concrete Corp No 620 reported that in 2007, it earned 689.934 billion dong in revenue, a yoy rise of over 48% and 37.45 billion dong in after-tax profit, up 19.31% against 2006.
* Song Da 909 Joint Stock Co (coded S99) recently posted gaining over 16.1 billion dong in revenue and over 5.6 billion dong from after tax profit in the fourth quarter of 2007.
* Oil and Gas Mechanics Joint Stock Co (coded PMS) recently posted gaining over 63.7 billion dong in revenue and over 1.7 billion dong from after tax profit in the fourth quarter of 2007.
* Song Da 10.1 Joint Stock Co (coded SNG) recently posted gaining over 44.6 billion dong in revenue and over 7.2 billion dong from after tax profit in the fourth quarter of 2007.
* Listed firm Vinamilk announced that it would organise the shareholders’ meeting on March 28 in Legend Hotel to pass the business plan set for 2008 with the revenue targeted at 8.2 trillion dong, a year-on-year rise of 20% or 1.352 trillion dong, and pre-tax profit of 1.326 trillion dong, growing by 37.2% or 359 billion dong against 2007.
* Vietnam German Steel Pipe Joint Stock Co on February reported that last year it gained 500 billion dong in revenue, 17 billion dong in profit with the market share of 11%.
* Mimosa Tourism and Trading Co has received the green light from the central province of Thua Thien-Hue to build a 50-classroom nursery school on six hectares in Hue City. 50 billion dong will be invested in the central region’s largest private school and it is expected to come on stream late this year.
* Vietnam Apatite Co has said it will need up to 1.2 trillion dong (US$75 million) to carry out its apatite extracting and processing project through 2010, but it is now able to manage total funding of 328 billion dong. The project is aimed at supplying 1.8 million tonnes of material a year for fertiliser production until 2010.
* PVInvest, a local real estate and financial investment firm, began Sunday developing a 12-story office building valued at 62.3 billion dong for Vietnam’s oil and gas giant PetroVietnam. The building in the northern province of Thanh Hoa will be located on a 1,600 square metre plot of land on Le Loi Boulevard.
* Eastern Asia Commercial Joint Stock Bank (EAB) yesterday February 25 officially applied new saving interest rate benchmark for dong and gold deposits. The new interest rate benchmark will be raised by 0.2% in comparison with the earlier benchmark. This is the third interest rate adjustment in the first quarter of this year. Accordingly, the one-month term saving interest rate of EAB is 0.95% per month, two-month term is 1%, three months at 1.03%, six months at 1.05%, nine months at 1.06% and one-year at 1.13% per month.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank-coded STB) yesterday February 25 announced that it and International Finance Corp (IFC) recently had jointly signed another contract to support extra 300 billion dong for carrying out the programme of house purchase lending with attractive interest rates and terms.
* Ocean Commercial Joint Stock Bank (OceanBank) yesterday February 25 officially launched the Corebanking software project whereby OceanBank will provide fully worked-out and suitable banking services via many distribution channels like ATM network, telephone banks and internet banks, expand the scope of the bank and deal with big transactions.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HASTC.