* The Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre (HaSTC) recently approved in principle for Song Da Development and Investment Joint Stock Co (coded SIC) to list 2.8 million additional shares on the northern bourse.
* 2,705,481 extra shares of Hang Xanh Auto Service Joint Stoc Co (coded HAX) is officially traded today January 25 on the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC).
*PetroVietnam Drilling and Well Services Joint Stock Co (PV Drilling), a subsidiary of PetroVietnam reported gaining 2.7 trillion dong in revenue and 560.81 billion dong from after tax profit in 2007.
* Hoa Binh Rubber Joint Stock Co (coded HRC) recently posted over 92.4 billion dong in revenue and over 42.6 billion dong from after tax profit in the fourth quarter of 2007.
* The Vegetable Oil Packing Joint Stock Co (coded VPK) recently announced gaining 46.4 billion dong in revenue and over 2.3 billion dong from after tax profit in the fourth quarter of 2007.
* Cavico Vietnam Joint Stock Co (coded MCV) recently posted over 61 billion dong in revenue and over 3.3 billion dong from after tax profit in the fourth quarter of 2007.
* Petrolimex general Export Import Joint Stock Co (coded PIT) recently posted over 426 billion dong in revenue and over 3.8 billion dong from after tax profit in the fourth quarter of 2007.
* Chuong Duong Beverages Co (coded SCD) recently posted over 80.4 billion dong in revenue and pver 8.3 billion dong from after tax profit in the fourth quarter of 2007.
* Saigon Corp yesterday signed a deal worth more than US$400,000 with Microsoft Vietnam to get technical support and software copyright to develop its IT infrastructure, operation management and information exchange on the platform of Microsoft technologies. Through this IT investment, Saigon Corp shows a commitment to making a continued quality improvement in its products and services.
* Bao Viet Bank is slated for debut in the second quarter of this year. The bank, 40% owned by Bao Viet Holdings, held its first shareholders meeting on Monday.
* FPT Software earned export revenue of more than US$30 million last year, including US$16 million worth of shipments to Japan. Its pre-tax profit doubled to over US$10 million.
* Vietnam Steel Corp plans to build a one million tonne a year steel mill in the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho. The city government is considering allocating 50 hectares of land for the firm to develop the project.
* Hanoi Post and Hanoi Telecom, both of Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) made debut on Wednesday in Hanoi after being spun off from Hanoi Post and Telecom.
* Between January 25 and February 1, Phu My Nitrogenous Fertiliser Joint Stock Co’s founding shareholder Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (Bidv) will sell five million DPM coded shares under the direct negotiation method, the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) announced yesterday. Currently, Bidv holds 19 million shares or 5% in the company.
* The State Bank of Vietnam’s Hanoi Branch yesterday reported that the city’s banks mobilised 350.834 trillion dong in total deposits from institutions and residents in 2007, rising 39.7% year-on-year. Commercial joint stock banks led in terms of capital mobilisation with the growth rate of 112% as compared with 2006 due to the network expansion and competitive interest rates. Foreign banks ranked the second thanks to a sharp increase in overseas investments.
* Asian Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ACB) reported gaining the earnings per share (EPS) of 6,465 dong with the corresponding dividend of 55% in 2007. By the end of last year, ACB group posted 87 trillion dong in total assets, 31.6 trillion dong in total outstanding loans, 75.3 trillion dong in total deposits and 2.132 trillion dong in pre-tax profit.
* Saigon Thuong Tin Bank Finance Leasing Co (Sacombank Leasing) recently announced that up to the end of 2007, it signed 174 contracts with the total value of 373 billion dong and outstanding loans at 289 billion dong.
* Vietnam Technological and Commercial Bank or Techcombank recently signed a high grade health insurance programme named Techcombank Care with the insurance brokerage AON Vietnam. Apart from the ruled health insurance scheme under the state’s regulation, with Techcombank Care, the bank’s employees will receive another insurance product for accident, disease and death.
* An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank (ABBank) reported completing the application of the most modern version T24 of Temenos firm’s Core Banking solution. ABBank launched the T24 programme over the whole network from January 14.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HASTC.