* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) recently announced that it received membership register applications from two securities brokers namely Bao Minh Securities Joint Stock Co and Viet Thanh Securities Joint Stock Co.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) reported receiving registration application from Ha Nam Mineral Joint Stock Corp to list 11.69 million shares.
* Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC)-listed My Chau Packaging and Printing Joint Stock Co (coded MCP) recently announced that June 13 would be the registration deadline for the company to close the shareholders list to pay 7% dividend in shares for the second phase of 2007.
* Hanoi Securities Trading Centre (HaSTC) recently received membership registration application from A Au Securities Joint Stock Co The securities broker located at No 137 Le Quang Dinh in HCM City’s Binh Thanh Dist with a chartered capital of 35 billion dong will be licensed to operate in securities sector like securities brokerage and securities investment consultancy.
* Dai Chau Joint Stock Co (coded DCS) recently passed the plan to scale up its chartered capital to 27.248 billion dong via offering more shares.
* FPT Technology Investment Development Joint Stock Co (coded FPT) on May 29 passed the plan to set up its subsidiary named FPT Information System Financing Service Ltd Co (FPT-IS-Bank Ltd) with a chartered capital of 75 billion dong.
* Hanoi Fund Management Co (HFM) will manage Vietnam Equity Holding (VEH)-one of two investment funds run by Anpha Capital Group (ACG) in Vietnam. That was the main content in a strategic cooperation agreement signed at the end of last month by these two institutions. The second fund run by ACG is Vietnam Property Holding (VPH).
* AIA Vietnam Insurance Ltd Co and Standard Chartered Bank recently signed a contract to distribute the “An Nghiep Bao Tin” insurance product of AIA Vietnam. Under it, Standard Chartered Bank will offer this insurance product to customers and they will be ensured 24/24 worldwide.
* On May 30, Saigon Commercial Bank (SCB) announced that dong deposits carry the very high interest rate of 16% per annum while the highest US dollar deposit rate was raised to 8% per annum, gold deposit at 6.5% pa and euro deposit at 6.2% per annum.
* From today June 3, Saigon Thuong Tin Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Sacombank) is to continue issuing book entry bills of exchange in dong, US dollar and euro with a high interest rate for 2008.
* The Vietnam Bank for Private Enterprise (VPBank) recently continued increasing dong deposit rates from May 31. In comparison with the previous interest rate benchmark on May 22, VPBank raised dong deposit rate by 0.1% to 0.6% per year for all terms.
* Up to May 27, Maritime Bank posted 131.3 billion dong in pre-tax profit, growing by 54.7% against the same period of 2007, nearly 10 trillion dong in total deposits, up 23.6% over the year early. The bank’s network has nearly 50 branches and transaction offices nationwide.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HaSTC.