The STC today June 8 witnessed a slight fall when the VN Index decreased by 2.66 points to 1057.36 down 0.25% against the previous session with a total matching order trade of 8,368,700 shares worth 722.379 billion dong. The HaSTC Index yesterday fell by 0.06 points to 328,75 with a total market trade of 1,532,700 shares worth 172.562 billion dong.
* Korean joint venture 36-Mediawill-Golden Bridge has offered to pay annual land rent of l.88 million dong per square metre to get involved in a project to convert Hanoi’s Horn-Due Vien Market into a commercial centre. The company has also pledged to contribute some 32 billion dong to the capital city’s budget.
* Viet LaoJoint Venture Co (Vilaco) in the central province of Ha Tinh has commenced work on a US$3.5 million gypsum powder factory in Khammounane province in Laos. After 10 months of construction the factory will be up and running with an annual output capacity of 60,000 tonnes for export to Vietnam, China and Thailand.
* Binh Dinh Footwear Joint Stock Co with chartered capital of 5.5 billion dong will auction all the 644,100 shares owned by the state at a reserve price of 10,300 dong per share against the face value of 10,000 dong at the Securities Trading Centre on June 25.
* Tay Ninh Rubber Joint Stock Co whose registered capital is 300 billion dong has applied to list 30 million shares on the Securities Trading Centre.
* Czech based Biophys Co will invest some US$105 million to build a 600-bed hospital on 7.5 hectares in An Giang province’s Long Xuyen city in the Mekong Delta.
* Vietnam Chemical Corp (Vinachem) will let eight units under its umbrella go public in 2007-2010. This year, fertiliser producer Van Dien, fertiliser and chemical maker Lam Thao, Binh Dien Fertiliser, Southern Fertiliser and Southern Basic Chemicals will undergo equitisation next year.
* Song Da 5 Joint Stock Co passed the plan to offer an extra 7.8 million shares, of which 3.9 million shares to existing shareholders at a ratio 1:1.77 with an estimated price of 10,000 dong per share and the remainder will be offered to the public with aim to raise its chartered capital.
* Listed firm PetroVietnam Drilling and Well Service Joint Stock Co announced that it would issue an extra 42.14 million shares. In which, 31.28 million shares will be issued to existing shareholders at a ratio of 46 shares for 100 old shares held, another 1.34 million shares will be retailed to institutional investors and the remainder will be paid for a 12.6% dividend on July 11.
* Goldsun Joint Stock Co reported that after its chartered capital was raised from 20 billion dong to 40.89 billion dong on May 22, it is eyeing a 50 billion dong capital by offering more shares within this year. An extra volume of shares will be retailed to its two unnamed strategic partners who will be chosen among 10 partners.
* Southern Rubber Joint Stock Co (Casumina) today signed a contract worth US$17 million with Indian JK Tyre Group to produce and supply about 180,000 lorry rubber tyre units
* Sao Viet Securities Joint Stock Co announced that it would raise more 15 billion dong in its chartered capital this year, said the deputy general director Nguyen Anh Tuan.
* Hapaco reported earning 24 billion dong in revenue and 3.8 billion dong in profit last month. The company targets a 25 billion dong revenue in June, 2007.
* Newly established firm Dai Viet Securities Joint Stock Co (DVSC) said it would join the club for brokers with over 100 billion dong profit within this year after it reported earning 32 billion dong in after-tax profit during the first quarter of 2007.
* Saigon Maritime Joint Stock Co signed a US$6 million contract to buy a 20,000 dwt ship on Jun 5.
* The VF1 fund issued 500 billion dong in new fund certificates at a price of 33,164 dong each in order to raise its chartered capital to one trillion dong. Some sources said that investors registered to buy 64.3% of total number of these issued units, in which Dragon Capital acquired 100 billion dong and Sacombank registered to pick up a volume of fund certificates worth 80 billion dong.
* Hanoi House Building Commercial Joint Stock Bank (Habubank) announced that from the start of June, the US dollar deposit interest rate of Habubank increased by average 0.05-0.5% per annum, making the first deposit rate increase of the bank in 2007 with an aim to enhance the mobilisation of capital from US dollar savings of residents.
* The US Open Solutions Inc’s product distributor in Vietnam, Thien Nam Co will supply the complete banking solution (TCBS-Version 2007) to Asia Commercial Bank under the recent deal signed yesterday June 7 in HCM City.
* The State Bank of Vietnam governor issued Decision No 1199/QD-NHNN dated June 5, 2007 approving the Can Tho city’s Western Rural Commercial Joint Stock Bank to change its name to Western Commercial Joint Stock Bank or Western Bank.
* The State Bank of Vietnam’s Hanoi branch reported that to the start of June, total deposits raised by Hanoi based banks reached nearly 286 billion dong, an increase of 18% from the end of last month.
Informal stock market: the Vietstock website today June 8 reported that the price of Vietnam Eximbank was 93,000 dong, Saigon Transport JSC 51,000 dong per share, VIB Bank at 102,000 dong per share, Investment and Development JSC No 8 at 32,000 dong, Thuan An Wood Processing 62,000 dong, Vinh Cuu Stone 22,000 dong, Cream Kido 85,000 dong, Southern Container JSC 45,000 dong, Habubank 76,000 dong, HDB 49,000 dong, Que Huong Hotel 99,000 dong, Thanh Cong Garment and Textile 46,000 dong, Saigonbank 90,000 dong, MB 90,000 dong, Nam A Bank 54,000 dong, Thac Mo Hydropower JSC 60,000 dong, Hoang Anh Gia Lai 92,000 dong, Southern Hydropower JSC 22,000 dong, Electronics Dist 10 at 107,000 dong, Medical Export and Import 31,000 dong, PNJ 120,000 dong, VASS 55,000 dong, Vidipha 82,000 dong, Mekophar 138,000 dong, Casumina 99,000 dong, Viet A Bank 59,000 dong, MHB 75,000 dong, Can Gio Pharmaceutical 32,000 dong, EAB 112,000 dong, Tay Ninh Rubber 112,000 dong, Dong Phu Rubber 105,000 dong, Mai Linh 40,000 dong, Dien Quang Lamp 233,000 dong, Saigon Cable 48,000 dong, HCM City Securities Co 122,000 dong, Techcombank 120,000 dong, Hoa Phat 83,000 dong, Nam Viet Seafood 125,000 dong, Saigon Tourist 55,000 dong, Thong Nhat Rubber 65,000 dong, Trieu An 41,000 dong, Vinh Hao Mineral Water 29,000 dong, Tan Hoa Plastics 45,000 dong, Saigon Sea Transport 36,000 dong, NJC 25,000 dong, Nha Be Garment 30,000 dong, Tan Mai Paper 35,000 dong, Petrolimex Transport 70,000 dong, PetroVietnam Nitrogenous Fertiliser and Chemical 72,000 dong, Cadivi 53,000 dong, Anh Duong Vietnam 74,000 dong, Gia Dinh Bank 76,000 dong, Sam Phu Plastic 37,000 dong and Southern Liquefied Gas JSC 57,000 dong per share.