* The HCM City STC today March 16 saw a rally on the stock market as the VN Index rose 36.96 points to close at 1109.76 up 3.45% compared with the previous session with a total market trade of more than 10.663 million shares worth 930.750 billion dong.
* The HASTC Index yesterday fell 10.44 points reaching 421.33 with a total market trade of over 2.2 million shares to a total value of 278 billion dong.
* The An Giang Seafood Import and Export Co agreed to pay a dividend of 20% in shares to its shareholders. 1,577,516 shares worth 15,775 billion dong are for dividend payments The company will also issue 534,906 shares to its employees.
* In 2006, the Dong Anh Electric, Engineering and Mechanics Co (EEMC) reportedly gained revenue of 391 billion dong, a year on year rise of 9.7%, 11.6 billion dong in after-tax profit, up 34.9% from 2005. The company plans to raise its chartered capital from 50 billion dong to 80 billion dong this year.
* The VinaCapital managing director has announced that VinaCapital will make an infrastructure investment fund in Vietnam with initial capital ranging from US$200 million to US$300 million by the end of April.
* The SSC granted Licence No 83/UBCK-GCNCB to the HCM City Transforwarding Warehousing Joint Stock Corporation ( Transimex Saigon) to auction 2,058,000 ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par via the southern bourse as of March 14.
* On March 14, the SSC received public company registration applications from Traphaco JSC with a chartered capital of 20 billion dong and Da Nang Books and School equipment JSC with a chartered capital of 14.156 billion dong.
* The Hanoi based Intimex Import Export Co with a chartered capital of 50 billion dong will auction 1,682,800 shares at 10,000 dong par with an initial price of 10,200 dong per share via the northern floor at 2pm April 12. The registration deadline to join the share auction is April 9.
* Telecoms provider, the Network Trading and Investment International limited Co (Nettra) has announced that its chartered capital has risen to 500 billion dong.
* The Vietnam Gas and Oil Group has announced that its subsidiary the PetroVietnam Insurance Joint Stock Corp made its debut with a chartered capital of 500 billion dong. The company targets to reach a chartered capital of 2 trillion dong by 2010.
* The Japanese Toyoda Gosei Hai Phong Co., Ltd yesterday was licensed to raise its investment capital in the Nomura Industrial Zone for the second time from US$22.24 million to US$52.24 million.
* Informal share market trades: the Vietstock website reported that today March 16, the price of Bao Long at 60,000 dong, Vinh Cuu Stone Joint Stock Co 30,000 dong, Habubank 130,000 dong, EAB 15.2 million dong, Southern Bank 93,000 dong, convertible bonds of Military Bank three million dong, Military Bank 12.8 million dong, Saigon Bank 3.25 million dong, SCB 4.8 million dong, SaigonShip 36,000 dong, Sam Phu 550,000 dong, SCC 680,000 dong, SHBank 72,000 dong, VIBank 115,000 dong, Viconship Saigon 400,000 dong, VPBank 140,000 dong and Yteco 400,000 dong.