* The HCM City STC today March 20 saw a reduction on the stock market when the VN Index fell 16.09 points to close at 117.25 down 1.42% against the previous session with a total market trade of 10,598,200 shares worth 940.431 billion dong.
* The HASTC Index reached 459.36 points up 10.97points compared with March 18 with a total transaction value of over 530 billion dong.
* Some sources said the State Securities Commission required the PetroVietnam Machinery Joint Stock Co (PMS) to modify its share issue roadmap for the second and third phases according to the SSC’s regulations on information announcement therefore the company share auction that might be held on March 19 was cancelled.
* The chair of Tan Tao Industrial Zone Joint Stock Co, Dang Thi Hoang Yen has announced that she will offer to buy one million ITA coded shares as of April 29 and the offer period is slated for three months. She already holds 8.4 million ITA shares and Yen plans to increase her holding to 9.4 million shares.
* Listed firm the Saigon Cable and Telecom Materials Joint Stock Co (Sacom) yesterday March 19 released its audited financial report for 2006 with a total revenue of 1.656 trillion dong, twice from 2005, a pre-tax profit reaching 220.18 billion dong and EPS of 5,443 dong, a year on year rise of 1,033 dong.
* On March 19, the SSC granted a license approving Hoa Binh Rubber Joint Stock Co with a chartered capital of 96 billion dong to issue more 7,660,976 more shares at 10,000 dong par to pay a dividend to shareholders whereby its chartered capital will be increased to nearly 172.6 billion dong.
* The SSC March 16 reported receiving share auction applications from the Pan Pacific Joint Stock Corp and Bentre Aquaproduct Import and Export Joint Stock Co. Under it, the HCM City based Pan Pacific JSC with a chartered capital of 32 billion dong will sell 1.6 million shares via public auction. And Aquatex Ben Tre with a chartered capital of 33 billion dong will auction 660,000 shares through the southern stock floor.
* During the first two months of 2007, Sacombank reportedly posted a revenue of over 28.582 trillion dong including 2.419 trillion dong in equity. The bank’s current chartered capital hit 2.089 trillion dong while its total deposits and loans reached 24.915 trillion dong, a rise of nearly 3.136 trillion dong or 15.6% compared with the start of this year. Sacombank will raise its chartered capital from the current 2.089 trillion dong to 4.400 trillion dong instead of 3.54 trillion dong as announced previously.
* The southern bourse has announced that the HCM City Metallic Joint Stock Co has the go ahead from shareholders to issue more ordinary shares to raise chartered capital. The registration deadline to buy shares is March 30. The HCM City Securities Depository Centre will temporarily stop deposits for HMC coded shares on March 29, 30 and April 2.
* Informal stock market: The Vietstock website today Marcch reported that the price of Souther Bank is 90,000 dong per share, Military Bank at 12.8 million dong per share, Vietnam Eximbank 14 million dong per share, SaigonBank 3.25 million dong, SCB 84 million dong, EAB 15.2 million dong and Vinh Cuu Stone JSC 30,000 dong per share.