* The southern floor today march 27 saw another record reduction on the stock market when the VN Index slipped to 1034.24 points down 37.92 points or 3.54% against the previous session with a total market trade of 6,490,310 shares worth 819.087 billion dong.
* The northern floor saw a record reduction when the HASTC Index slipped to 397.16 points down 32.94 points compared with the previous session with a total market trade of 1.62 million shares to a total value of 227 billion dong.
* Listed firm the Song Da Urban and Industrial Zone Investment and Development Joint Stock Co (Sudico) reported gaining 351.5 billion dong in revenue, 142.28 billion dong in profit and a dividend of 20% last year. The company announced it will issue 20 million more shares to existing shareholders at the price of 20,000 dong per share to raise its chartered capital from the current 200 billion dong to 400 billion dong by the second quarter of this year.
* Securities brokerage SSI is seeking the agency’s approval to issue an extra 30 million shares while the Hai Phong Securities Co (Haseco) is also asking to issue 15 million more shares to the public.
* Recently Phu Nhuan Jewellery Joint Stock Co (PNJ) announced that it would raise its chartered capital to 700 billion dong by the end of 2007 in order to buy shares from strategic partners. Under it, the PNJ will issue 1.8 million new shares including 1.2 million shares worth 120 billion dong offered to existing shareholders at a ratio of one share for one share and 400,000 shares will be auctioned on the OTC market.
* The Bien Hoa Sugar Joint Stock Co has announced that it will pay a dividend of 20%, of which 16% will be in cash and 4% in shares to shareholders. Last year the company posted a pre-tax profit of 51 billion dong, which is expected to reach over 52.5 billion dong in 2007.
* The Binh Thanh Import Export JSC (Gilimex) agreed to raise its chartered capital from 45.5 billion dong to 105 billion dong by paying a 10% dividend in shares at a ratio 10:11 meaning that each shareholder who owns 10 old shares will have the right to buy 11 new shares at 32,000 dong each, and issuing 227,500 shares to employees at the same price. Last year the company reported earning 22.5 billion dong in after-tax profit and 415 billion dong in revenue.
* An IDICO subsidiary, the Urban and Housing Investment and Development JSC will raise its chartered capital from 20 billion dong to 80 billion dong by paying a 2006 dividend of 30% in shares to shareholders and issue more shares to existing shareholders at a ratio of 10:27 with a price of 13,000 dong per share. Last year the company posted revenue of 396 billion dong and a profit of 16 billion dong, a year on year rise of 45%.
* Listed firm Pinaco has released its audited financial report of 2006 with a total revenue of more than 674 billion dong, an after-tax profit reaching nearly 28.2 billion dong, a ratio of profit on equity at 28% and a dividend of 15%. Also, the company plans to issue 1,737,000 shares at 10,000 dong par to raise its chartered capital to 120 billion dong for the first tranche and another pay a 2007 dividend in shares to shareholders to reach a 145 billion dong in chartered capital by the first quarter of 2008.
* In 2006, Nam Viet JSC reportedly earned 175.8 billion dong in revenue, 21 billion dong in pre-tax profit and EPS of 7,430 dong.
* The large brewery Habeco reported that last year it gained 2.461 trillion dong in revenue, rising 25.4% from 2005, 341.8 billion dong in profit. These figures are expected to reach 3.035 trillion dong in revenue and 334.3 billion dong in profit.
* Cat Loi JSC will issue 1,680,000 ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par to pay a 20% dividend to shareholders on May 2. The registration deadline to receive the dividend is April 9.
* The Hanoi STC announced that the Petrolimex Machinery Joint Stock Co will auction 937,200 shares at 10,000 dong with an initial price of 25,200 dong per share at 2pm on April 2.
* Power Engineering Consulting Co 1 will make its initial public offering by auctioning 2,202,700 shares equivalent to 22.03% of its chartered capital with the starting price of 11,000 dong per share on April 6.
* Petrolimex Import Export JSC (PITCO) with a chartered capital of 60 billion dong will auction 735,000 shares at 10,000 dong par to the public with an initial price of 22,000 dong per share. Also, the company will sell 1.5 million shares to existing shareholders with a preferential price of 13,000 dong each.
* The Saigon A2 Securities Investment Fund on March 16 made its debut with a chartered capital of 500 billion dong.
* Vietnam Industrial Commercial Bank (Vietincombank) has announced that it will make IPO by the fourth quarter of 2007.
* Viet A Bank will raise its chartered capital from 500 billion dong to 1.25 trillion dong within this year. During the first two months of 2007, the bank posted a pre-tax profit of 38.9 billion dong, equal to a half of that of the whole year 2006.
* VIB Bank agreed to raise its chartered capital from one trillion dong to 1.5 trillion dong by the second quarter of 2007 and up to 2.5 trillion dong by the end of this year. The bank targets reaching total assets of 25 trillion dong and a pre-tax profit of 350 billion dong in 2007.
* Informal stock market: The Vietstock website today March 27 reported that the price of Southern Bank is 87,000 dong per share, Saigon Bank three million dong, Military Bank at 12.8 million dong per share, Vietnam Eximbank 13 million dong per share, SCB nine million dong, EAB 15 million dong, Vinh Cuu Stone JSC 30,000 dong per share, NAB 8.3 million dong, HCM City HDB 11.5 million dong, Southern Hydropower Co 30,000 dong, Electronics District 10 Co 1.6 million dong, Medical Import Export Co 410,000 dong, An Binh Bank 8.5 million dong, OCB 12 million dong, bonds of ACB at 16.5 million dong, Thong Nhat Rubber Co 78,000 dong and Vinh Hao Mineral Water Co 380,000 dong per share.