* The sharp increase on the HCM City Securities Trading Centre on May 28 triggered a strong falling session yesterday as the VN Index took U-turn to plummet 4.87 points to 1093.77 down 0.44% from the previous session with a total market trade of 6,584,360 shares worth 850.503 billion dong.
* The HASTC Index on May 28 dipped 3.53 points to close at 343.14 despite of an increase in price of most of the shares. The market had a total trade of 1.87 million shares worth 201.4 billion dong, down 1.2% in volume and 9.6% in value from last Friday.
* Hanoi’s Bien Viet Securities Joint Stock Co (CBV) officially made its debut last Friday. At the opening ceremony, the company also launched the Corporate and Businesses of Vietnam Index, or CBV Index, relating to 50 out of 200 Vietnamese listed companies.
* PetroVietnam Fertilizer and Chemicals Co (PVFCCo) under Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) will be asked to refund over one trillion dong to the State budget or half of its profits gained in the period 2004-2006. The finance ministry judged that the profits mainly come from the subsidised price of gas supplied to the company
* Binh Duong’s Thuan An Wood Processing Joint Stock Co will be listed on the HCM City Securities Trading Centre will issue additional over 8.4 million shares to raise its chartered capital from 84 billion dong to 104 billion dong.
* Southern Rubber Industry (Casumina) has commissioned a 12.4-billion dong production line producing tubeless tires for scooters and inner tubes made of butyl rubber. Since the start of the year Casumina has earned 65.5 billion dong from exporting tubes and tires of all kinds to Taiwan, Australia and the U.S,
* Tribeco will issue an extra 654,836 shares at 10,000 dong par to existing shareholders at a ratio of one new share for ten shares held.
* Dong Nai Construction Plastics JSC passed the plan to issue two million shares to raise an additional 20 billion dong in its chartered capital. Shares will be issued to existing shareholders at a ratio of one new share for two old shares held with a price of 17,000 dong per share. Strategic shareholders will buy these shares at 40,000 dong per share and employees can buy shares at 20,000 dong per share.
* Between May 16 and 17, Citigroup Global Market Co., Ltd purchased 59,610 TS4 coded shares of Seafood JSC No 4 and sold 33,000 TS4 coded shares on May 18. Therefore, Citigroup Global Market Co., Ltd now holds 474,770 shares or 15.83% of the seafood processor’s chartered capital.
* Listed firm Rang Dong Light Source and Vacuum Flask Joint Stock Co announced that it would pay a dividend of 18% for 2007, which is broken in to two phases, firstly on September 2 and the second on April 28 next year. In addition, the company plans to issue bonus shares to employees at a selling price of 17,200 dong per share.
* An extra 1,071,700 BBC coded shares of Bien Hoa Confectionery JSC will be put into transaction on the HCM City STC from May 31.
* An additional 500,000 UNI coded shares of Vien Lien Joint Stock Co will be put into transaction on the HCM City STC from June 1.
* The SSC approved Khanh Hoa Electricity JSC to pay dividend in shares and issue bonus shares.
* The State Securities Commission recently approved the HCM City Securities Joint Stock Co (HSC) with a chartered capital of 100 billion dong to sell 10 million ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par to the public during 90 days as of receiving the approval. In which, 5.4 million shares will be sold to existing shareholders and the remainder will be offered to large investors.
* The HCM City STC announced that it would put an extra 647,727 BHS coded shares worth over 6.477 billion dong of Bien Hoa Sugar Joint Stock Co into transaction as of June 1.
* Vietnam sold out 700 billion dong in G-bonds to three winners at a winning capon rate of 7.05% per annum during the tender held on May 28 via the northern stock market, equal to the ceiling rate and higher 0.05% from 7.00% at the previous auction held the month earlier, the Hanoi STC reported.
* Vietcombank (VCB) and Indovina Bank (IVB) inked a deal on connecting the two banks’ electronic payment systems to facilitate domestic and foreign cardholders as clients of the two sides.
* The Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam (Vietcombank) has got approval from the State Bank Governor to issue long term valuable papers worth seven trillion dong.
Source: Thoi Bao Kinh te Vietnam, Tin Nhanh Chung Khoan, VCBS, Vietstock, SSC, HASTC.