* The southern stock market today May 4 saw another surge as the VN Index rose by 9.73 points to close at 947.19 points up 1.04% against the previous session with a total market trade of 3,064,550 shares worth 377.341 billion dong.
* The HASTC Index on May 3 continued drop losing 5.75 points to close at 323.49 with a total trade of 752,100 shares worth about 79 billion dong, recording the lowest level so far.
* The securities management fund VF1 on April 27 was licensed to adjust the issue price of fund certificates for the plan to raise its chartered capital from 500 billion dong to one trillion dong. Under it, the price of fund certificates that will be issued in the capital hike will be 23,700 dong per share instead of 33,164 dong per share as announced previously in order to efficiency of the issue.
* Rang Dong Light Bulb and Vacuum Flask Joint Stock Co reported earning US$4.259 million from exports to Middle East, Latin America and Australia and 17.3 billion dong in after-tax profit during the first quarter of 2007.
* The HCM City STC has announced that the registration deadline to receive bonus shares of Southern Seed Joint Stock Co is May 15. Ex-interest date is May 11. The company will issue 3.6 million bonus shares to existing shareholders on June 8. The HCM City Securities Depository Centre will temporarily stop deposits for SSC coded shares on May 14, 15 and 16.
* Tan Binh Cultural JSC will issue 199,715 shares to pay a dividend of 15% for 2006 to existing shareholders on June 12. The registration deadline to receive the dividend is May 18. The HCM City Securities Depository Centre will temporarily stop deposits for ALT coded shares on May 17, 18 and 21.
* Southern Liquefied Gas Co with a chartered capital of 150 billion dong will auction 4,621,836 ordinary shares at 10,500 dong per share again via the HCM City STC due to no buyer showed up during the previous auction. The auction will be held at 2pm May 24.
* There were 1,082 investors registering to join the share auction of Cadivi with total share buy orders reaching 15,386,800 shares.
* Last year Dong Thap Medical Import-Export Joint Stock (Domesco) reported gaining over 48.5 billion dong in after-tax profit and a dividend of 20.8%.
* Yesterday Tien Phong Plastics JSC with a chartered capital of 144.46 billion dong was licensed to issue shares to pay a dividend for 2006 to existing shareholders at a ratio 2:1. The company last year posted total revenue of 717 billion dong and after-tax profit of 18.9 billion dong.
* About 1,679,949 new shares of Cat Loi Joint Stock Co will be put into transaction as of May 8.
* During the first quarter of 2007, Nui Beo Coal Joint Stock Co reportedly earned 283.097 billion dong in total revenue, 13.717 billion dong in profit, EPS of 1,544 dong and a dividend of 12%.
* Thang Long Telecom JSC reached 57.869 billion dong in revenue, 6.021 billion dong in pre-tax profit, 843 million dong in taxes, 5.178 billion dong in after-tax profit and EPS of 1,351 dong in the period of January to March this year.
* Hai Phong Securities Joint Stock Co released its Q1 financial report with a revenue reaching 37.792 billion dong while its pre-tax profit hit 22.403 billion dong.
* During the first quarter of 2007, Habubank Securities Co earned 25.346 billion dong in total revenue and more than 18.357 billion dong in profit.
* Vietnam National Re-Insurance Joint Stock Corp reached 254.196 billion dong in revenue, 19.392 billion dong in pre-tax profit, 2.713 billion dong in taxes, 16.668 billion dong in after-tax profit and EPS of 486 dong in the period of January to March this year.
* Listed firm the Engineering, Machinery Installation and Construction Joint Stock Co with the share code VMC agreed to raise its chartered capital from the current 35 billion dong to 130 billion dong, in two phases.
* Saigon Dak Lak Brewery Joint Stock Co officially commissioned its 200 billion dong brewery in Buon Me Thuot City in the central highland province of Dak Lak on May 1. The brewery will produce some 25 million litters of beer yearly.
* Phu My Hung Joint Venture Co will announce the second phase of the US$40 million Green View project of high class apartments on May 19. Construction will begin this quarter for completion by the end of 2008.
* My Chau Printing and Packing Holding Co will raise its chartered capital from 30 billion dong to 50 billion dong by issuing additional shares worth 20 billion dong, including 10 billion dong in shares via an auction.
* The Military Bank has announced this month that the bank will issue a new share volume of 502,000 shares, equivalent to 52.6% of total share volume, and will be issued this year. This share issue aims to raise the bank’s chartered capital from 1.045 trillion dong to two trillion dong by the end of 2007.
* Vietnam Eximbank has launched a new credit service named “Securities Lending” to support stock investors who have accounts at securities companies.
* At the end of 2006, Agribank had reached 8.409 trillion dong in equity, 255 trillion dong in total assets and had over 2,000 branches nationwide, nine member companies and more than 29,000 employees.
* Techcombank plans to raise its chartered capital from 1.5 trillion dong to 2.7 trillion dong this year.
* Informal stock market: The Vietstock website yesterday May 3 reported that the price of EAB reached 127,000 dong per share, Vinh Cuu Stone JSC 29,000 dong, Hoang Anh Gia Lai 104,000 dong, Nam A Bank 75,000 dong, Electronics Dist 10 at 140,000 dong per share, Mai Linh Trading JSC 35,000 dong, Dien Quang Lighting 165,000 dong, Saigon Cable 65,000 dong, Hoa Phat Group 98,000 dong, Cream Kido 100,000 dong, Saigon Tourist 58,000 dong, Southern Container 48,000 dong, PV Trans 81,000 dong, Vinh Hao Mineral Water 31,000 dong, Tan Hoa Plastics 51,000 dong, Saigon Sea Transportation 41,000 dong, Nha Be Garment 35,000 dong and Petro Transportation JSC 95,000 dong per share.