The Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange today November 08 continued falling sharply on the stock market as the VN Index lost another 4.73 points or 0.45% to close at 1026.47 (after 11 am) with the total matching order trade of 8,581,480 shares worth nearly 878.588 billion dong. Similarly, the northern floor or HaSTC Index today after a slight recovery lost 4.7 points or 1.28% to close at 362.85 with a total market trade of 3,130,200 shares worth over 358.304 billion dong.
* The Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange (STC) reported that Nha Be Steel Co successfully sold out 2.916 million shares on November 7 via an auction. The highest winning price reached 52,500 dong each while the lowest level was 22,100 dong, leading to the average winning price of 24,750 dong per share. There were 143 winners among 556 participants with a bidding volume of 15,356,800 shares.
* Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre (HaSTC) on November 6 approved the PetroVietnam Southern Gas Co (PVGas South) to list 15 million PGS coded shares worth 150 billion dong on the bourse.
* Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre (HaSTC) on November 6 approved the Traffic Work Construction Co 492 was licensed to list 1.2 million C92 coded shares worth 12 billion dong on the northern securities transaction floor.
* Song Da 2 Joint Stock Co with a chartered capital of 35 billion dong will list 3.5 million shares at 10,000 dong par on the Hanoi Securities Trading Centre (HaSTC). The time for closing a list of shareholders to deposit shares is 14:00 on November 9. Securities transference proceedings must be completed before 14:00 on November 9, 2007.
* Gia Lai based Hoang Anh Gia Lai Joint Stock Co, an affiliate of Hoang Anh Group recently passed the plan to issue additional 10 million ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par to raise its chartered capital from the current over 1.037 trillion dong to more than 1.137 trillion dong. The 10 million shares will be retailed to investors with a negotiated price no less than the issue price.
* After the first capital increase from 50 billion dong to 112 billion dong, Hai Phong Securities Co (Haseco) recently decided to issue more shares for the second phase to raise capital to nearly 200 billion dong. Haseco will offer 5,640,890 shares to existing shareholders at a ratio of 2:1 with a price of 30,000 dong each. The remaining 2,327,33 shares will be sold to strategic partners. And the company will also offer a part of additionally issued shares to employees. In addition, the broker agreed to pay a 10% dividend for the second phase of 2007 to shareholders.
* The Viglacera Van Hai one member state Ltd Co recently announced that it plans to auction 300,000 shares at the initial price of 10,800 dong per share on November 20 in the company’s headquarters in Son Hoa hamlet, Quan Lan commune, Van Dong district in the northern province of Quang Ninh.
* The Hapaco Joint Stock Co (Hapaco) recently announced that it brought 28.98 billion dong in revenue and 11.01 billion dong from profit in October, bringing the total figure to 203.39 billion dong in revenue and 65.7 billion dong from profit during the first ten months of the year. In 2007, Hapaco targets to reach 70 billion dong from profit.
* Vien Lien Joint Stock Co (coded UNI) recently reported gaining over 98.3 billion dong in revenue and over 2.6 billion dong from after tax profit in the third quarter of 2007.
* Chang Yih Enamelled tile Joint Stock Co (coded CYC) reported gaining over 37.8 billion dong in revenue and over one billion dong from after tax profit in the third quarter of 2007.
* Ry Ninh II Hydropower Joint Stock Co (coded RHC) reported that it made revenue of over 13.9 billion dong and over 5.6 billion dong from after tax profit in the third quarter of 2007.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HASTC.