The Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange today November 14 after a strong falling in the previous session reached a considerable recovery on the stock market as the VN Index regained 20.16 points or 2.07% to close at 993.75 (after 11 am) with the total matching order trade of 13,472,400 shares worth nearly 1.321 trillion dong. Similarly, the northern floor or HaSTC Index today also witnessed a more bright session by regaining 32.00 points or 10.07% to close at 349.65 with a total market trade of 4,027,800 shares worth nearly 446.706 billion dong.
* The State Securities Commission (SSC) recently granted license for HCM City based Safi Transport Agency Joint Stock Co (coded SFI) to offer two million ordinary shares at 10,000 dong par. In which 1,138,500 shares will be sold to existing shareholders at a ratio 1:1 with the price of 33,000 dong per share. The ex-interest date is November 20 and the deadline for shareholders book to buy new shares is November 22. The time for transferring share warrants is between November 3 and 26.
* The Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre HaSTC recently announced that on November 15, it would welcome two new share codes namely PGS of South Liquefying Gas and Drilling Joint Stock Co and PVC of Petrochemical and Drilling Joint Stock Co Under it, Petrochemical and Drilling Joint Stock Co will list 12 million PVC-coded ordinary shares worth 120 billion dong at 10,000 dong par and South Liquefying Gas and Drilling Joint Stock Co will list 15 million PGS-coded ordinary shares worth 150 billion dong at 10,000 dong par via the northern bourse.
* Dong Tam Nutrition Food Joint Stock Co or Nutifood announced that it would auction 657,280 shares with a starting price of 50,000 dong each via the southern securities trading centre at 9:00 on December 3. The time for deposits is from November 13, 2007. The company now has a chartered capital of 120.6 billion dong.
* Anh Duong Joint Stock Co (Vinasun Corp) recently announced its strategic investors namely Saigon Commercial Co (Satra), Prudential Vietnam Investment Fund Managing Co, Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited, Bidv-Vietnam Partner Investment Managing Joint Venture Co (Bvim) and Saigon Securities Joint Stock Co (SSI). Vinasun also released that recently it raised chartered capital from 100 billion dong to 170 billion dong via offering seven million shares.
* Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Corp (REE) recently discloses the business result of Refrigeration Electrical Engineering Group. Under it, in October the group gained 79.77 billion dong in revenue and 36.68 billion dong from pre-tax profit, bringing the total figure during the first ten months of the year to 795.82 billion dong in revenue, accounting for 107.66% from the same period and 327.05 billion dong from pre-tax profit or 156.39% against last year.
* Hai Ha Confectionery Joint Stock Co recently released that on November 20, 5.475 million HHC-coded shares will be officially listed via the Hanoi Securities Transaction Centre HaSTC at the face value of 10,000 dong per share. The company has a chartered capital of 54.75 billion dong, of which state holds 51% and the company’s shareholders hold 49% located in Truong Dinh Street, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi.
* Vietnamese electrical equipment manufacturer Thibidi in Dong Nai Province has inaugurated a 37.5 billion dong transformer factory.
* Bim Son Cement Co is scheduled to launch a new cement production line with an annual capacity of two million tonnes next year. More than 97 billion dong has been spent on the four trillion dong project that is now 24% complete.
* Construction and mining firm Bao Nguyen has received the thumbs up from the government to explore and exploit bentonite on 50 hectares in Ninh Gia Commune, Duc Trong District, Lam Dong Province.
* Vinamilk’s Binh Dinh branch has received the green light from the central province of Binh Dinh to use 53 hectares of land for raising 2,000 dairy cows. The branch is expected to invest 100 billion dong in this project.
* 1.7 million SFC-coded additional shares of Saigon Fuel Joint Stock Co are officially traded via the Ho Chi Minh Stock Exchange on November 14.
* Vegetable Port Joint Stock Co (coded VGP) recently reported gaining over 43.3 billion dong in revenue and over 3.1 billion dong from after tax profit in the third quarter of 2007.
* Idico Urban and Housing Development Investment Joint Stock Co (coded UIC) reported gaining over 114.7 billion dong in revenue and over 6.1 billion dong from after tax profit in the third quarter of 2007.
* An Binh Commercial Joint Stock Bank or ABBAnk on November 12 reported that its chartered capital has been increased from 1.131 trillion dong to 2.3 trillion dong. The capital increase plan obtained the approval of State Bank of Vietnam’s HCM City Branch and State Securities Commission.
* Orient Commercial Bank (OCB) recently announced that on November 15 it would open its arm in the southern province of Ca Mau, brining the total branches to 57 transaction offices nationwide. Up to the end of October, OCB’s total asset reached 9.962 trillion dong or up 155% against 2006, outstanding loans was at 6.504 trillion dong, accounting for 140% from 2006, deposit obtained 8.65 trillion dong or a 159% increase in compared to 2006 and gained 185 billion dong from a pre tax profit, a year-on-year increase of 130%.
Sources: Thoi Bao Kinh Te Vietnam, Lao Dong, Nguoi Lao Dong, Dau Tu Chung Khoan, Tuoi Tre, Tin Tuc, Nhan Dan, Vietstock, SSC, VCBS, HASTC.